[comp.text] nroff/troff converters ??

sdy@ssc-vax.UUCP (06/04/87)

[line eaters are being studied by crypto-zoologists]

I asked awhile ago but got few replies

We would like to move a book worth of text and equations into TeX.
(for compatability with the publisher)

Originally it was under nroff/troff/eqn on a Vax/UNIX 4.3bsd system, we
are going to place it on a Macintosh (yay!) under TeXtures.

We would like any information about automatic converters (we use the -ms
macro package under troff) that run on either of these machines.

"thank you very much for your support"

steven yee
--
Steven D. Yee                 >>> my employer does not share my opinions  <<<
uw-beaver!ssc-vax!ssc-bee!sdy >>> (that's because I'm always right! ;-)   <<<

(chant) We want more!  We want more!  We want more lines than four!!!!!!!

langdon@lll-lcc.UUCP (06/07/87)

In article <833@ssc-bee.ssc-vax.UUCP>, sdy@ssc-vax.UUCP (Sea Lance) writes:
> We would like to move a book worth of text and equations into TeX.
> (for compatability with the publisher)
>
> Originally it was under nroff/troff/eqn on a Vax/UNIX 4.3bsd system, we
> are going to place it on a Macintosh (yay!) under TeXtures.
>
> Steven D. Yee
> uw-beaver!ssc-vax!ssc-bee!sdy

A converter has been distributed by Kamal, at Stanford. I think it may
now be part of Pierre MacKay's (U of Washington) TeX unix distribution.
Perhaps he could uucp it to you. If you get it from Stanford or here,
it would be easier if you have an ARPA or bitnet address.
	Bruce Langdon  L-472                langdon@lll-lcc.ARPA
	Physics Department                  339650%d@nmfecc.ARPA
	Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
	Livermore, CA 94550                 (415) 422-5444
UUCP: ..{ihnp4,qantel,ucdavis,pyramid,styx,topaz}!lll-lcc!langdon
                  ..{gymble,ll-xn,seismo}!lll-crg!lll-lcc!langdon