[comp.text] Want info on EDT-like editor and VT220-like keyboard

lainie@rtech.UUCP (Lainie Howard) (08/05/87)

I'm posting this for someone else, but you can reply to me
via e-mail.

We are using pc/vi on a pc-compatible.  Do you know of any editor
that is like VMS EDT that can run under PCDOS or MSDOS?

Also, we want to find a keyboard like the DEC VT220 that can function
with 100% PC-compatible hardware.

Please reply to rtech!lainie

Thanks!
--
Lainie Howard		|	"Steel can be any shape you want if you
Relational Technology	|	are skilled enough, and any shape *but*

power@calma.UUCP (Pat Power) (08/05/87)

In article <1112@rtech.UUCP> lainie@rtech.UUCP (Lainie Howard) writes:
>I'm posting this for someone else, but you can reply to me
>via e-mail.
>
>We are using pc/vi on a pc-compatible.  Do you know of any editor
>that is like VMS EDT that can run under PCDOS or MSDOS?
>
>Also, we want to find a keyboard like the DEC VT220 that can function
>with 100% PC-compatible hardware.
>
>Please reply to rtech!lainie
>
>Thanks!
>--
>Lainie Howard		|	"Steel can be any shape you want if you
>Relational Technology	|	are skilled enough, and any shape *but*
>(415) 748-3550		|	the one you want if you are not." -Pirsig

	I would also like any info on an "EDT" type editor.

				Thanks, Pat Power

minow@decvax.UUCP (Martin Minow) (08/06/87)

Two contributors ask for information on EDT-style editors for
PC's.  I'm pretty sure I've seen ads for one in the aftermarket
magazines (such as Digital Review and the Dec Professional).

I have no idea as to the quality or price of such a product.

Martin Minow
decvax!minow
The above does not represent the opinion of Digital Equipment Corporation.