[comp.text] need pointer to sgml documentation

mao@blipyramid.BLI.COM (Mike Olson) (08/06/87)

can anyone tell me where to get documentation on sgml (standard graphical
markup language)?  reply to me by email, and i'll post the name and address
if interest warrants it.
					mike olson
					(...!ucbvax!ucsfcgl!blia!mao)

romwa@utgpu.UUCP (08/12/87)

In article <43@blipyramid.BLI.COM>, mao@blipyramid.BLI.COM (Mike Olson) writes:
> can anyone tell me where to get documentation on sgml (standard graphical
> markup language)?  reply to me by email, and i'll post the name and address
> if interest warrants it.
> 					mike olson
> 					(...!ucbvax!ucsfcgl!blia!mao)

A small point, but let's not muck it up at the beginning.
SGML stands for 'Standard Generalized Markup Language'.

Regarding the query.  There is not much published yet on SGML,
but there will be soon.  Try the AAP (American Assoc. of
Publishers) who have implemented their own standard based on
SGML.  Like many other 'standards' this one is still in
committee and the AAP standard is not the final word.  The
University of Chicago Press has also been flirting with SGML,
and their implementation can be found in a "Guide to the
Preparation of Electronic Manuscripts" or some such title.
Your local University Library should have the reference.

Mark T. Dornfeld
Royal Ontario Museum

mark@utgpu!rom