[comp.text] RUNOFF-like macro package?

kai@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu (09/07/87)

Someone must have made the conversion from VMS and RUNOFF to UNIX and
DITROFF.  Does a macro package exist for DITROFF that performs most of the
major functions of RUNOFF?

#include <local/standard_disclaimer.h>

Patrick Wolfe                   Internet:  pat@kai.com
System Manager                  UUCP:      {uunet,ihnp4,uiucuxc}!kai.com!pat
Kuck & Associates, Inc.         Arpanet:   pat%kailand@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu
1808 Woodfield Dr.              Bitnet:    pat%kailand@uiucuxc
Savoy, IL  USA  61874           CSnet:     pat%kailand%uxc@uiuc.csnet
Phone:     217-356-2288         Milnet:    pat%kailand@uiucuxc.arpa
Easylink:  6201 1628            Telex:     910 240 9772 (KUCK ASSOC)

stank@orca.UUCP (09/12/87)

In article <44900004@uicsrd> kai@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu writes:

>Someone must have made the conversion from VMS and RUNOFF to UNIX and
>DITROFF.  Does a macro package exist for DITROFF that performs most of the
>major functions of RUNOFF?

Well I don't have a macro package but I do have a little lex script
that converts runoff macro invocations to nroff mm macro invocations.
It's a quick hack, it's not complete, (it only recognizes the subset
of runoff macros that were in the documents that I needed to convert),
but you are welcome to it.  It could serve as a base for you to hack
if no one else comes up with a better solution.  Send me email if
there is any interest.

							Stan

stank@orca.TEK.COM (Stan Kalinowski) (09/12/87)

Whoops, the ole' .signature didn't make it it to my previous posting...
here it is:

stank@orca.TEK.COM (Stan Kalinowski) (09/12/87)

Whoops again.  (Can ya tell I'm new at this)  Here's my address for sure:
US Mail: Stan Kalinowski, Tektronix, Inc.
         Information Display Group, Graphics Workstations Division
         PO Box 1000, MS 61-028, Wilsonville OR 97070

uucp:    {ucbvax,decvax,ihnp4,allegra,uw-beaver}!tektronix!orca!stank

Phone:   (503)-685-2458