[comp.text] TeX utilities

UH2@PSUVM.BITNET (Lee Sailer) (09/23/87)

What is the status of troff --> TeX conversion.  Are there filters
out there that do some useful portion of the job?

Also, is there a deTeX, like deroff, that filters out the TeX stuff
before feeding to wc, spell, etc?

thanks
lee

schung@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Stephen the Greatest) (09/24/87)

In article <20695UH2@PSUVM> UH2@PSUVM.BITNET (Lee Sailer) writes:
>What is the status of troff --> TeX conversion.  Are there filters
>out there that do some useful portion of the job?
>
>Also, is there a deTeX, like deroff, that filters out the TeX stuff
>before feeding to wc, spell, etc?

I am managing a 750 and I have two programs here, called detex and delatex
which do exactly the things you want.  No, I don't have the source code,
but I can try to find it.  Just think you may want to know that such
utilities exist.

- Stephen