[comp.text] Who knows about mag 'Computers in textprocessing'?

fmr@cwi.nl (Frank Rahmani) (10/01/87)

Hey folks,
about a year ago I saw mentioning of a magazine called "Computers in
textprocessing" (or something very similar) in this newsgroup.
There even were some interesting pages of contents printed. All
our efforts to locate the publisher have been in vain. Your help
is very much appreciated.
				Frank Rahmani
				Unix(tm) operator
				CWI Amsterdam, the Netherlands
				fmr@cwi.nl

peterson@milano.UUCP (10/02/87)

In article <81@piring.cwi.nl>, fmr@cwi.nl (Frank Rahmani) writes:

> about a year ago I saw mentioning of a magazine called "Computers in
> textprocessing" (or something very similar) in this newsgroup.

Last summer there were notices about "Text in Computers: The
Quarterly Journal of Text input, Processing, and Output".  A one
year subscription was $25.  The first issue came out in July 1986,
and that was the last one also.  I don't know if the publisher
was just trying to defraud people (Who is going to remember that
a journal that only comes out once every 3 months didn't arrive?)
or what, but the effect was fraud.

The publisher was "Proper Publishing" in Berkeley.  Phone (415)644-0433.
uucp address: lll-crg!well!phoffman (or phoffman@well.uucp) according
to volume 1, issue 1.
--
James Peterson