[comp.text] Word Perfect file format

mcgillis@sol.SPS.TRW.COM (Jack McGillis) (10/21/87)

We are trying to find out what a "Word Perfect" file looks like.  If
anyone knows or knows of a book describing this I would appreciate
hearing about it.  I have called WP about this, they gave me an
address to write to which I will be doing shortly.

		Thank you in advance

--
   Jack McGillis
	...!trwrb!trwspp!spp2!mcgillis

shor@sphinx.uchicago.edu (Melinda Shore) (10/22/87)

In article <269@fomalhaut.sol.SPS.TRW.COM> mcgillis@sol.UUCP () writes:

>We are trying to find out what a "Word Perfect" file looks like.  [...]
>I have called WP about this, they gave me an
>address to write to which I will be doing shortly.

This is the only legal way to do it.  WordPerfect Corp. will have you
sign a non-disclosure agreement, in return for which you'll get 5 or 6
photocopied pages.
--
Melinda Shore                                   ..!hao!oddjob!sphinx!shor
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center                     shore@morgul.psc.edu

wew@naucse.UUCP (Bill Wilson) (10/22/87)

Wordperfect uses a very simple file structure.  Plain ASCII
with specific codes added to turn on and off the features.
If you need to check it out before buying a book etc, try making
a document with one sentence per feature and then inspect it
with Norton utilities.