[comp.text] DVI to PCL

chris@spock (Chris Ott) (12/15/87)

     C'mon, SOMEONE out there has GOT to have a filter that converts TeX DVI
output to PCL, the language used by HP laserjets and Canon LBP-8 II's. Isn't
there ANYONE out there who is using an HP or Canon laser printer with TeX?
I didn't get any response at all the first time I posted. Please, HELP!!

 Chris Ott
 Computer-Aided Engr. Lab             Excellent day for drinking heavily.
 University of Arizona                Spike the office water cooler.

 Internet: chris@spock.ame.arizona.edu
 UUCP: {allegra,cmcl2,hao!noao}!arizona!amethyst!spock!chris

hartzell@boulder.Colorado.EDU (George Hartzell) (12/16/87)

In article <564@amethyst.ma.arizona.edu> chris@spock.ame.arizona.edu (Chris Ott) chris%spock@amethyst.UUCP writes:
>     C'mon, SOMEONE out there has GOT to have a filter that converts TeX DVI
>output to PCL, the language used by HP laserjets and Canon LBP-8 II's. Isn't

> Chris Ott
> Internet: chris@spock.ame.arizona.edu

You should try to get in touch with Nelson Beebe at beebe@science.utah.edu.
He has an entire family of drivers, including one for the hp.  I have never
used it, but I saw it in the listing.
g.

George Hartzell			                 (303) 492-4535
MCD Biology, University of Colorado-Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309
hartzell@Boulder.Colorado.EDU  ..!{hao,nbires}!boulder!hartzell

pep@otter.HP.COM (Phill Perryman) (12/16/87)

>     C'mon, SOMEONE out there has GOT to have a filter that converts TeX DVI
>output to PCL, the language used by HP laserjets and Canon LBP-8 II's. Isn't
>there ANYONE out there who is using an HP or Canon laser printer with TeX?
>I didn't get any response at all the first time I posted. Please, HELP!!

Do you want a series 300 or a series 800 version (slightly different as the
300 one uses some series 300 pascal featues). Let me know and I will post it if there are more people who want it otherwise I will E-mail it.

terry@moogvax.UUCP (Terry Westley) (12/16/87)

In article <3480@sigi.Colorado.EDU> hartzell@boulder.Colorado.EDU (George Hartzell) writes:
>In article <564@amethyst.ma.arizona.edu> chris@spock.ame.arizona.edu (Chris Ott) chris%spock@amethyst.UUCP writes:
>>     C'mon, SOMEONE out there has GOT to have a filter that converts TeX DVI
>>output to PCL, the language used by HP laserjets and Canon LBP-8 II's. Isn't
>
>You should try to get in touch with Nelson Beebe at beebe@science.utah.edu.
>He has an entire family of drivers, including one for the hp.  I have never
>used it, but I saw it in the listing.

We have been in contact with Mr. Beebe and are currently using 'dvijep'
for the HP LaserJet Series II.  Things are working very well, though
not perfectly.  At the present, we are using a Unix/TeX version from a
local university while we are waiting for our official distribution
from U. of Wash.  We believe the minor problems we have are because the
borrowed version is not complete, especially in font support.

In summary:  if you need HP LaserJet dvi drivers, contact Mr. Beebe as
noted above.
--
  Terry Westley
  Moog, Inc. (no, not the synthesizer company)

slutz@hplb29a.HPL.HP.COM (Eric A. Slutz) (12/17/87)

There are two sources of such things that I know of Nelson Bebee (sp?)
at Utah and me.  Send me a note.

irf@kuling.UUCP (Stellan Bergman) (12/19/87)

I have two dvi-to-laser printer drivers written in C that work on
HP9000/540. One is for Laserjet+ and the other for Kyocera.  I'd be
happy to send them to anybody who wants them.  I am about to test
them for the 9000/350 but forsee no major problems (except recalling
that the stacks grow in different directions on the two machines).

Bo Thide'
Swedish Institute of Space Physics
S-755 90 Uppsala, Sweden
Phone: (46) 18-300020