[comp.text] Using TeX to format `C' programs

yak@stratus.UUCP (Yousef A. Khalidi) (12/19/87)

I am looking for a program that formats C programs similar to `vgrind',
but which produces TeX instead of troff output. Does such a program exist?
We have a couple of big Xerox printers (9700 and 8700) which can print
TeX dvi files but not troff output. I don't want to use a LaserWriter to
print a 20,000 lines program :-)

Thanks.
--
Yousef A. Khalidi
The Clouds Project, School of ICS, Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA 30332

pierre@imag.UUCP (Pierre LAFORGUE) (12/23/87)

In article <943@stratus.UUCP> yak@stratus.UUCP (Yousef A. Khalidi) writes:

>I am looking for a program that formats C programs similar to `vgrind',
>but which produces TeX instead of troff output. Does such a program exist?
>We have a couple of big Xerox printers (9700 and 8700) which can print
>TeX dvi files but not troff output. I don't want to use a LaserWriter to
>print a 20,000 lines program :-)

Yes, it is called tgrind and is included in the standard Unix TeX distribution
by the University of Washington. It uses /usr/lib/vgrindefs, so you can append
other languages syntaxes (and other features if you change the source, as we
did).
--
Pierre Laforgue       pierre@imag.imag.fr      {uunet.uu.net|mcvax}!imag!pierre