[comp.text] TeX help request

anderson@CS.UCLA.EDU (01/05/88)

(1) Information posted here a while ago led me to a copy of the PicTeX macros
to use with TeX for drawing pictures. Could someone point me now to a place
where I could snarf a copy of the manual for PicTeX? The README file gives
a name, but no information on where this might be found via ftp.

(2) I've been using Addison-Wesley's TeXtures on my Macintosh at home as well
as UNIX TeX and LaTeX on a Sun at my office. I have a special font (built
with MetaFont) on the Sun - could someone give me a clue as to how to
convert this to something I could use on the Mac? I wrote A-W about this,
but got no answer.

(3) Has anyone compiled a version of BibTeX to run on a Mac?

Help with any or all of the above would be much appreciated.

Steve Anderson
Dept. of Linguistics, UCLA
anderson@cs.ucla.edu

grandi@noao.arizona.edu (Steve Grandi) (01/06/88)

In article <10151@shemp.UCLA.EDU> anderson@CS.UCLA.EDU (Stephen Anderson) writes:
>(1) Information posted here a while ago led me to a copy of the PicTeX macros
>to use with TeX for drawing pictures. Could someone point me now to a place
>where I could snarf a copy of the manual for PicTeX? The README file gives
>a name, but no information on where this might be found via ftp.

For the PicTeX manual, send a check for $15.00 to the package's author:

Michael J. Wichura
Department od Statistics
University of Chicago
5734 University Ave.
Chicago, IL  60637-4931
wichura@galton.uchicago.edu
--
Steve Grandi, National Optical Astronomy Observatories, Tucson AZ, 602-325-9228
UUCP: {arizona,decvax,hao,ihnp4}!noao!grandi  or  uunet!noao.arizona.edu!grandi