[comp.text] Common TeX 2.9

monardo@renoir.Berkeley.EDU (Pat Monardo) (03/06/88)

Common TeX 2.9 is available. I decided not to wait for METAFONT
to release it. The diffs for the trip test now show only
Memory usages errors. This is acceptable since the memory
layout differs from TeX. So Common TeX now is 100% byte compatible
with TeX. Considering that Common TeX has been working for over a year,
it shouldnt be surprising that the errors were mostly inconsequential.
I also modified TeX to be based on a 256 character input set.
This is important since most TeXnicians should be studying and
programming in APL.

	pat

akk2@ur-tut.UUCP (Atul Kacker) (03/07/88)

In article <23218@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> monardo@renoir.Berkeley.EDU (Pat Monardo) writes:
>Common TeX 2.9 is available.
>	pat

Does anyone know where I can ftp this from ?  I ftp'ed commontex.tar.Z from
ucbvax.berkeley.edu this morning (3/7/88) and it seems this is still the
old version.  The README file is the same and the size of the .tar file is
also the same as the one I have for v.2.1.  Is there another ftp site that
I don't know about ?  Pat ?

Atul Kacker  |     Internet: akk2@tut.cc.rochester.edu

monardo@renoir.Berkeley.EDU (Pat Monardo) (03/09/88)

In article <1111@ur-tut.UUCP> akk2@tut.cc.rochester.edu.UUCP (Atul Kacker) writes:
>In article <23218@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> monardo@renoir.Berkeley.EDU (Pat Monardo) writes:
>>Common TeX 2.9 is available.
>>	pat
>
>Does anyone know where I can ftp this from ?  I ftp'ed commontex.tar.Z from
>ucbvax.berkeley.edu this morning (3/7/88) and it seems this is still the
>old version.  The README file is the same and the size of the .tar file is
>also the same as the one I have for v.2.1.  Is there another ftp site that
>I don't know about ?  Pat ?

oops.  after posting the last letter I decided to fix METFONT.
Since it took around 3 hours to fix Common TeX, I figured...wrong.
So anyway, I have METAFONT working very, very well. There seems
to be only one problem but its a good one.
Common TeX is not yet available for FTP. I goofed.
Is there anyone at Stanford willing to read a SUN tape
and place it up for distribution?

	pat