[comp.text] ftp common tex 2.9

monardo@renoir.Berkeley.EDU (Pat Monardo) (03/14/88)

from ucbvax.berkeley.edu:/pub/commontex29.tar.Z.

	/pat

seindal@diku.dk (Rene' Seindal) (03/15/88)

In article <23273@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> monardo@renoir.Berkeley.EDU (Pat Monardo) writes:

>from ucbvax.berkeley.edu:/pub/commontex29.tar.Z.

And how do a poor TeXhacker in Denmark, Europe get this, without access to
anonymous ftp?  Is there an archive sevice somewhere?  Can I get it by sending
somebody a tape?

In case it has any interest, I can redistribute it to backbones in Europe.

Rene' Seindal, DIKU, U. of Copenhagen. (seindal@diku.dk)

akk2@ur-tut (Atul Kacker) (03/18/88)

In article <23273@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> monardo@renoir.Berkeley.EDU (Pat Monardo) writes:

>from ucbvax.berkeley.edu:/pub/commontex29.tar.Z.
>
>	/pat

Has anybody compiled this to run under MSDOS ?  Previous versions of Common TeX
used to have a MSDOS specific tex.c file and a make.bat file to compile.  I
don't see them in this distribution.  Were they simply incorporated into the
regular tex.c file ?

If anyone out there has generated a Makefile for Microsoft C to compile this,
I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks,

PS: The Makefile supplied with the program worked fine on our Pyramid running
OSx or some such flavor of Unix.

Atul Kacker  |     Internet: akk2@tut.cc.rochester.edu

mack@inco.UUCP (Dave Mack) (03/18/88)

In article <23273@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> monardo@renoir.Berkeley.EDU (Pat Monardo) writes:

>from ucbvax.berkeley.edu:/pub/commontex29.tar.Z.
>
>	/pat

I would like to get Common TeX 2.9, but I'm not connected to the Internet.
If anyone out there has it and is willing to let me uucp it, I would be very
grateful.

Thanks,
Dave Mack
mack@inco.UUCP
--
  		Dave Mack	Keeper of the Eternal FLAME
  McDonnell Douglas-Inco, Inc. 		DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed

merlin@hqda-ai.UUCP (David S. Hayes) (03/23/88)

in article <1481@inco.uucp>, mack@inco.uucp (dave mack) writes:
> i would like to get common tex 2.9, but i'm not connected to the internet.

     You may get this from me via uucp if you're willing to pay for the
cost of the phone call.  Set up an entry in your uucp l.sys file,
and then fetch the file "~Uanon/Catalog".  Here's an excerpt to
get you started:

This is file ~Uanon/Instructions and ~Uanon/Catalog

Instructions for Anonymous Source Archives at hqda-ai:

     Archives are maintained as a public service.  They do not
contain any particular sources, just what seems useful to me.  If
you need something, and don't see it, send a mail note to
"postmaster@hqda-ai" and ask for it.

     Our modem is a Concord Data Systems model 224 Autodial.  We
can handle 2400 and 1200, but not 300.  This line is available 24
hours per day.  Note that 202-694 is accessible via PC-Pursuit.
If you have this service, feel free to use it.

     Here are a few sample L.sys lines for UUCP.  You'll have to
modify them for whatever autodial procedures you use.

L.sys:
hqda-ai	  Any  ACU  2400  1-202-694-6911  login:  Uanon
hqda-ai	  Any  ACU  1200  1-202-694-6911  "" \r login:  Uanon

The account doesn't have any password.  You may use wildcards to
request several files, but please check their sizes first.

Files shown as compressed are compacted using the Lempel-Ziv
algorithm, with 12-bit compression.  These files can be
decompressed on systems limited to 64k per process.  Times are
determined assuming a 2400-bps modem, yielding 2200 bps effective
throughput.

Partial Contents of ~Uanon
Common TeX - TeX written in C, version 2.9
     Files:    ~Uanon/ctex2.9.tar.Z
     Format:   compressed tar archive
     Size:     266,457
     Time:     16 min @ 2400

     This is Common TeX from Pat Munardo at Berkeley.  This
     includes only TeX itself.  LaTeX, the fonts, and Metafont
     must still be obtained from the standard TeX distribution.
--
David S. Hayes, The Merlin of Avalon	PhoneNet:  (202) 694-6900
UUCP:  *!uunet!cos!hqda-ai!merlin	ARPA:  ai01@hios-pent.arpa