[comp.text] Where can I get stuff?

little@odin.ucsd.edu (Glenn Little) (04/22/88)

   Reading the latest Tugboat, I saw the UnixTeX site report.  Several
   things about tex and metafont were discussed.  A assumed (erroneously?)
   that all that stuff was available from june.cs.washington.edu via ftp.
   Is this not true?  I went to june.cs.washington.edu, but couldn't
   find anything dealing with metafont (which is specifically what I'm
   after).   If that machine doesn't have that stuff, could someone
   possibly point me in the right direction?  I'm looking for mf sources
   (especially the base files plain.mf and cmbase.mf), other mf sources,
   MFware stuff, plain and lplain macro files, and other standard latex
   macros not included in the rochester latex-style collection.  We have
   most of the above, but it is old, and some of it doesn't even work (for
   instance, the plain.mf won't work with our current metafont).

   Thanks for any help.

			Glenn Little
			little%cs@ucsd.edu

drstrip@intvax.UUCP (David R. Strip) (04/22/88)

Metafont sources for fonts, macro packages,etc can be found at
score.stanford.edu. Beware, it's a tops-20 machine.

rusty@velveeta.berkeley.edu (rusty wright) (04/26/88)

In article <538@intvax.UUCP> drstrip@intvax.UUCP (David R. Strip) writes:
>Metafont sources for fonts, macro packages,etc can be found at
>score.stanford.edu. Beware, it's a tops-20 machine.

There are several directories for the tex and metafont stuff on score
that I know of:

amsfonts, amstex, aps, bibtex, cm, doc, gf, inputs, latex, mf, tex
texguests, texhax, and web

These directories are "subdirectories" (if there is such a thing for
tops20) of the directory <tex>.  For example, the sources to computer
modern are in the directory <tex.cm> and be sure that you use the angle
brackets:

ftp score.stanford.edu
ftp> cd <tex.cm>
ftp> prompt
ftp> verbose
ftp> mget *.*
ftp> quit

There is no unix stuff (change files, .c files, makefiles, etc.) on
score; you'll need to get that from Washington.

--------------------------------------
	rusty c. wright
	rusty@cartan.berkeley.edu ucbvax!cartan!rusty

ken@cs.rochester.edu (Ken Yap) (04/26/88)

|These directories are "subdirectories" (if there is such a thing for
|tops20) of the directory <tex>.  For example, the sources to computer
|modern are in the directory <tex.cm> and be sure that you use the angle
|brackets:
|
|ftp score.stanford.edu
|ftp> cd <tex.cm>
|ftp> prompt
|ftp> verbose
|ftp> mget *.*
|ftp> quit
|
|There is no unix stuff (change files, .c files, makefiles, etc.) on
|score; you'll need to get that from Washington.

Also if you are fetching binary files (e.g. tfm files), use tenex mode.

	Ken