[comp.text] TeXhax Volume 88, Number 40

bts@sas.UUCP (Brian T. Schellenberger) (04/28/88)

From rti!mcnc!mcnc!score.stanford.edu!TeXhax-Request Wed Apr 27 08:41 EDT 1988
Date: Mon 25 Apr 88 15:49:13 PDT
Subject: TeXhax Digest V88 #40
To: rutgers.edu!TeXhax.Distribution.List.;@score.stanford.edu

TeXhax Digest   Monday, April 25, 1988   Volume 88 : Issue 40
                   [SCORE.STANFORD.EDU]<TEX.TEXHAX>TEXHAX40.88

Editor: Malcolm Brown

Today's Topics:

                      Pretty printing using TeX
                           DVI driver news
                        Multilingual TeX/LaTeX
                       Wide marks in LaTeX ???
          Problems with Figure and Table Labels using LaTeX
                              Common Tex
                             PERT charts
                                  ~h
          Re: Preventing bibitem from printing [ ] in LaTeX
     RE: V88 #37 Problem w/Figure and Table Captions using Latex
          Unix sites: changes for multiple copies in "iptex"
                 \edef expanding its first argument.
                           Margins,margins
                        Chinese character set
                     Section-page page numbering
                  Re: cmss/i/bx at magsteps 6/7/8/9
            LaTeX macros for Springer-Verlag now available

Date: Mon, 18 Apr 88 16:02:59 EST
From: oravax!norman@cu-arpa.cs.cornell.edu (Norman Ramsey)
Subject: Pretty printing using TeX

Pugh and Sinofsky at Cornell have come up with a novel scheme for specifiying
line breaks when prettyprinting program text.  The basic idea is this:
a ``group'' structure is defined on the text, and objects called ``conditional
line breaks'' are introduced.  The resulting wadge should be printing out
with the following constraint: if any conditional break within a group is
taken, every such break must be taken.  thus if {} stand for grouping,
<indent> and <outdent> and % stands for a conditional break, we have:
	{if condition <indent> % then statement % else statment <outdent>}
printing either as
	if a then x := 1; else x := 2;
or
	if some_other_condition
		then x := x/2;
		else x := x-1;
but never
	if very_ugly then x := throw_away;
		else x := great_beauty;

So, I have racked my brains to figure out how to get TeX's
line-breaking algorithm to do this, or, failing that, find some other
efficient way to do it in TeX (using any means you like to label
indent, outdent, grouping, and conditional breaks).  I hope someone
out there will have an idea how to do it using TeX's line-breaking
algorithm, or else someone will have a convincing argument saying why
it can't be done with TeX's line breaking.

If I can figure out a reasonable way to do this it will vastly improve the
pretty-printing capability of a WEB system I am building.

Norman
norman%oravax.uucp@cu-arpa.cs.cornell.edu

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 18 Apr 88 18:43 PDT
From: Don Hosek <DHOSEK%YMIR.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: DVI driver news

This is the first in a series (hopefully) of announcements regarding DVI
drivers and previewers available for TeX.

First off, in case you hadn't heard, the driver lists are currently available
from LISTSERV@TAMVM1 (this applies to everybody who can reach BITNET via
electronic mail).

The files available are
DRIVERS EXP      A brief explanation regarding files
DRIVERS LASER    Laser printer drivers
DRIVERS LOWRES   Drivers for Dot-matrix and other lowres printers
DRIVERS PREVIEW  Previewers
DRIVERS SOURCES  Driver sources information
DRIVERS TYPESET  Typesetter drivers

To get a file, send a one-line mail message along the lines of
GET DRIVERS whichever
to LISTSERV@TAMVM1.BITNET (if
you're connected through the internet, the address
is LISTSERV%TAMVM1.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU).

The files, in theory will be updated monthly. In reality, I haven't updated
them since about January (sorry, I'll get on it this weekend).

Other news:

DVIOUT-- a PostScript/generic DVI driver for VAX/VMS. This is a driver written
to be capable of supporting many devices; it currently contains PostScript and
Imagen (untested) driver code as well as a Tek4014 previewer (oh my!).

Features include:
 o Inclusion of Tektronix and MacPaint graphics files which may be rotated and
   scaled in the output;
 o Graphics primitive (lines, arcs, polygons, etc.) commands via \special;
 o Settable page orientation and size;
 o Support for native PostScript fonts;
 o Support for Right-to-Left text in Left-to-Right documents (presumably using
   the DVI-IVD modification as per Knuth & Mackay);
 o Uses PXL, PK or GF fonts.

Also included is a well-featured PostScript symbiont.

  Written in C/Macro-32

  The program is in the DECUS program library, tape VAX-301 on a 600' Mag tape
in VMS/Backup format. There is a note on my information which makes it seem as
if the charge is $45+$2 (shipping?)

  If you're not in DECUS, I don't know if you can snag the program from them,
somebody might want to look into contacting Scott Campbell, PAR Government
Services Corporation, the program's author.
Address: 7150 Campus Drive
         Suite 375
         Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Phone: 303-594-0095

++++++

Second up is a driver for the Oc\'e 6750 Laserprinter (a fairly new entry into
the crowd, I believe). The 6750 has a resolution of 508dpi and the print
samples sent to me look rather impressive. I have no precise details on the
driver although it seems that it can do landscape printing.

For more information contact
  Oc\'e Nederland B.V.
  Division Office Automation
  Attn.: Mr. J. van Knippenberg
  P.O.Box 101
  5900 MA  VENLO
  The Netherlands
  Phone: + 31.77.736466 x135
  Telex: 58037
  Fax: +31.77.544700

Informatively yours,
-dh

------------------------------

Date:         Mon, 18 Apr 88 13:34:28 CST
From: Robert Coleman <COLEMAN%UREGINA1.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject:      Multilingual TeX/LaTeX

   I have retrieved the file German.sty (German.tex) from the
LaTeX-style file in Rochester.  One can use this style file with
either LaTeX or TeX to typeset documents and portions therof in
English, French or German.  The file indicates that it is possible
to have multiple hyphenation files, one for each language, and
that the language switching commands automatically switch back
and forth between them provided a multilingual TeX is available.
Questions:
   1. How does on get the latest hyphenation files for various
languages (bitnet access please).
   2. Precisely what is involved in setting up a multilingual
TeX.
   3. What if any is the cost of the above software?
   4. In the recent Issue of TUGboat, macros for Greek were
described. How does one get the fonts and the macros. Does one need
to have a separate TeX or LaTeX to run them?  How much do they
cost?

   Please reply either to TeXhax (I suspect that others will want
to hear the answer as well) or to me directly.
                             Robert Coleman
                             coleman@uregina2.bitnet

------------------------------

From: RALPH%UHHEPG.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
Subject: Wide marks in LaTeX ???
Date: 18-APR-1988 21:17:14.27

Several questions:

I remember seeing this question (or a related one) lately, but my
collection of TeXHAXes got attacked by a vicious disk error and died. I
am using the report document style, option headings, in LaTeX for a
document which has LOST OF LONG MARGINAL NOTES (bad style, but
usefull). To have more space for marginal notes I use
\addtolength$\oddsidemargin$-30pt
\addtolength$\evensidemargin$30pt
\addtolength$\marginparwidth$30pt
without changing any of the other parameters. That works nicely.

But now I want the headings on the page to extend all the way over
everything, text AND marginal notes. I tried:
\makeatletter
\def\@evenhead$\underline$\protect\hspace*$0pt-\marginparwidth
                          \rm \thepage
                          \hfill
                          \sl \leftmark
\def\@oddhead$\hbox$
               \underline$\sl \rightmark
                          \hfill
                          \protect\hspace*$\marginparwidth
                          \rm\thepage
\makeatother
which follows the original definition closely, except for inserting
the \marginparwidth. Well, it JUST DOESN'T WORK. Why not ?
Is there a solution ?

The next problem occurs when a chapter or section heading (which
appears in the page header) is too long for the page header. In the
section heading it will just be broken across lines, but as it goes
into a box for the page heading, it will just NOT FIT. I tried using
\markright and \markboth with absolutely no effect. Is there any way
of having an alternative page heading ? My dream would be something
like
\section[Short title]$And here comes the ... long title,
where "Short title" goes into the page header, and "And here comes the
.. long title" is the real section title, which is typeset at the
beginning of the section, and goes into the table of contents. It seems
to me that the area of page headings is implemented in a way too
confusing for me (maybe it is not my fault).

IMPORTANT QUESTION: You may have heard about Mass-11, a word-processor
for VAX/VMS, IBM PCs and others. If not, don't read on. It can do quite
a bit of type-setting these days. Does anyone know about a Mass-11 to
TeX (or even better straight to LaTeX) converter ??? I have heard about
a Wordstar to TeX converter, is there something similar ? I know it
will not be able to do the complete conversion (for example tables and
math formulae can probably not be translated).

Next problem: I redefined citations to be \def\@cite#1$$$#1$ so they
look like an exponent. Now, how can I access the "content" of the
citation in the text without using the \cite command ? If i have a
\bibitem[1]$whatever Whatever et^al ...     and then say
"In reference^\cite$whatever the author ..."
I get the exponent. But that is exactly NOT what i want in this
situation, I just want the text "1" here. How do I get it ?

Now a question: A while ago I saw a neat way to do floating figures
next to text Tugboat \underline$8 315 (1983), by Thomas J. Reid. Does
anyone know of a modified version that works with LaTeX ? And maybe
(even better) is compatible with the standard LaTeX floating bodies ???

Now, last but not least, some comments about Bengt Martensson's
opinion from TeXHAX37.88:
> To customize LaTeX and Plain is--in principle--hard, and requires
> knowledge.  However, opposed to the general meaning (?), I would argue
> that the "straightjacket" LaTeX is no harder to customize than plain.
> (The code is beautifully commented.)
Well, that may be true for most of the body of LaTeX itself (lplain and
latex.tex), and for the two "standard" document styles (report and
article). It does not hold for other document styles (I consider memo
and letter to be examples of horrible programming style). Some areas of
LaTeX (like maybe page-headings, see above, passing parameters to the
document style, for example look at \memohdr, and the handling of
floating bodies) are badly programmed, or work in a way I personally
consider unsatisfactory. In the whole area of customizing document
styles and writing new document styles there is hardly any help from
the author of LaTeX. Just not to be mis-understood: I like LaTeX.
I use it all the time. But it is not perfect, yet. There are things
which could be improved.

Quite a confusing mix of questions for help and opinions ...

Ralph Becker-Szendy                                     RALPH@UHHEPG.BITNET
University of Hawaii / High Energy Physics Group              (808)948-7391
Watanabe Hall #203, 2505 Correa Road, Honolulu, HI 96822
"Hawaii - it's not just for tourists. People actually live and work there."

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 19 Apr 88 06:15:17 EST
From: i5f@l.cc.purdue.edu (S Bechtolsheim)
Subject: Problems with Figure and Table Labels using LaTeX

\label must come AFTER \caption.

Stephan v. Bechtolsheim,
i5f@l.cc.purdue.edu,  (317) 463 0162
Statistics Department, Purdue University,
Math Sc Bldg, W Lafayette, IN 47907

------------------------------

From: SCCS6038%IRUCCVAX.UCC.IE@forsythe.stanford.edu
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 88 15:33 GMT
Subject: Common Tex

Can anyone inform me on where to obtain SOURCE code for Common Tex?. I
believe that Common Tex is public domain software and that the source
code (written in C, I think) is available. Please send any replys to the
address below, or to the net.
                                      Thanks a lot in advance,

Aidan Delaney  SCCS6038%IRUCCVAX.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 19 Apr 88 08:56:29 cdt
From: reed@m.cs.uiuc.edu (Daniel A. Reed)
Subject: PERT charts

I need to produce some PERT charts (shudder) for an upcoming project.
Has anyone seen or heard of any style files for such a beastie?

Dan Reed
Department of Computer Science
reed@a.cs.uiuc.edu

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 19 Apr 88 11:02:35 EDT
From: elwell@ichthyosaur.cis.ohio-state.edu (Clayton M. Elwell)
Subject: ~h

Re: Common TeX 2.9 and SUN OS 3.5
An alternative solution to the "constant out of range" problem is to
change the test from " < 256" to " <= 255".  Of course, for an
unsigned char this will always be true, so...

Clayton M. Elwell <elwell@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu>
-=-
"You can't just take my dreams away, not with me watching"
	-- Holly Near

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 19 Apr 88 13:21:11 EDT
From: Ashwin Ram <ram-ashwin@YALE.ARPA>
Subject: Re: Preventing bibitem from printing [ ] in LaTeX

>                Could anyone on texhax please give me some hints on how I can
> prevent the square brackets from being printed around the reference numbers in
> LaTeX?   [...]                                          I am having a hard time
> trying to figure out how to prevent the square brackets being printed so that
> I could have the references listed in the Artificial Intelligence Journal
> format as:    1. authors, title, etc.

If you look in latex.tex, you'll see the following definition for \@biblabel:

        \def\@biblabel#1{[#1]\hfill}

Simply change this to:

        \def\@biblabel#1{#1.\hfill}

\@biblabel appears in the expansion of \bibitem.  The documentation (again
from latex.tex) for \@biblabel follows:

%   \@biblabel : A macro to produce the label in the bibliography
%                entry.  For \bibitem[LABEL]{NAME}, the label is
%                generated by \@biblabel{LABEL}.  It has the default
%                definition \@biblabel{LABEL} -> [LABEL].

-- Ashwin Ram --

ARPA:    Ram-Ashwin@cs.yale.edu
UUCP:    {decvax,ucbvax,harvard,cmcl2,...}!yale!Ram-Ashwin
BITNET:  Ram@yalecs

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Apr 88 08:47 EDT
From: MICHELLE%ATC%atc.bendix.com@RELAY.CS.NET
Subject: RE: V88 #37 Problem w/Figure and Table Captions using Latex

In Texhax V88 #37,  Tom Moriarity mentions a problem with incorrect
numbers on his tables and figures.  As stated on p. 177 in the LaTex
book, all he needs to do is put the \label command in the caption's
heading or in the body of the figure after the \caption command.
The same technique handles tables.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Apr 88 14:33:36 HST
From: Bob Cunningham <bob@kahala.hig.hawaii.edu>
Subject: Unix sites: changes for multiple copies in "iptex"

Unix sites using Chris Torek's excellent "iptex" driver for Imagen
laser printers will want to make these simple changes to the iptex
driving script and its documentation to allow making multiple copies
in the same style as the Unix "lpr" command:
----------------diffs for iptex.sh------------------------------
6a7,8
> # one copy by default, maximum 99
> copies=1
15a18,19
> 	-#[0-9]*)
> 		copies=`expr substr $1 3 2`;;
54c58
< 		ipr $tmpfile
---
> 		ipr -c$copies $tmpfile
60c64
< 	imagen1 $offset $flags $dvifile | ipr
---
> 	imagen1 $offset $flags $dvifile | ipr -c$copies
----------------diffs for iptex.1 manual page--------------------
6a7,8
> .I \-#num
> ] [
49a52,57
Bob Cunningham (bob@loihi.hig.hawaii.edu)

------------------------------

From: prakash%aiag.DEC@decwrl.dec.com
Date: 22 Apr 88 13:12
Subject: \edef expanding its first argument.

Can anyone  tell  me  what  is  the  problem  with  the following macro? The
contents of the .tex and the .lis files are appended to this message. What I
am  trying to do is to recursively expand a macro, save its expansion (using
\edef),  do  some  more  precessing, and then use the earlier expansion. The
whole  thing is inside its own group so that some parameters changed by \foo
in  an  inner level do not effect their values at the outer level. The error
message  seems  to  be rather confusing, since \edef should not be expanding
its first argument (in this case, \fie) at all. It should just \def it to be
whatever  the  expansion  of  its  second  argument happens to be. Note that
without  recursion,  the macro works fine (i.e., \foo1 is ok, \foo{\foo1} is
not.)

----- Recurse.Tex: -----

\def\foo#1{{%
  \edef\fie{#1}
}}%

\tracingmacros=2\tracingcommands=2
\foo1%
\foo{\foo1}%
\end

----- Recurse.Lis: -----

This is TeX, Vax/VMS Version 2.0 (preloaded format=plain 86.1.16)  22 APR 1988 12:44
**recurse
(DISK$FOO:[PRAKASH.TEX.TEST]RECURSE.TEX;6

\foo #1->{\edef \fie {#1} }
#1<-1
{begin-group character {}
{\edef}
{blank space  }
{end-group character }}

\foo #1->{\edef \fie {#1} }
#1<-\foo 1
{begin-group character {}
{\edef}

\foo #1->{\edef \fie {#1} }
#1<-1
{undefined}

! Undefined control sequence.
\foo #1->{\edef \fie
                     {#1} }
<argument> \foo 1

\foo #1->{\edef \fie {#1
                        } }
l.8 \foo{\foo1}
                %
?

Thanks.

-mayank.

| InterNet: Prakash@AIAG.DEC.COM                                           |
| UUCP:     ...!decwrl!aiag.dec.com!Prakash                                |
| VoiceNet: (617)490.8139                                                  |
| SnailNet: DEC, 290 Donald Lynch Blvd. DLB5-3/B10, Marlboro, MA 01752     |

Disclaimer: The above is probably only line noise, and does not reflect the
            opinions of anybody, far less my employer's.

------------------------------

Date:         Fri, 22 Apr 1988 11:07:49 +0200
From: Francis Borceux <FBORCEUX%BUCLLN11.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject:      Margins,margins

     I am running TeXtures on a Macintosh II connected to an Imagewriter LQ
and do have some printing problems.
     That printer has a satisfactory resolution, accepts most sizes of paper
and is able to print with rather narrow margins. I am normally printing on A4
paper (211mm x 298mm).
     First of all, an example where things work nicely. When I print the input
file of a TeX document, I get it with a 13mm top margin and a 5mm left margin.
     Now the trouble is when printing the output file. In that case, no matter
the size of the document, it is printed with a one inch top and left margins.
In case of a small document, I can easyly center the printed area using the
commands \hoffset and \voffset with positive parameters. But recently I had to
produce for the "Springer Lecture Notes" a document with size 180mm x 265mm,
thus with a 16mm top margin and a 15mm left margin; this is perfectly
compatible with the possibilities of the printer. I naively imagined it
sufficed to use again the \hoffset and \voffset commands with, this time,
negative parameters. As a result, the printed area has been moved in the
expected way...except that the one inch top and left margin were still there,
acting thus as "white holes" in which part of the text had disappeared.
     I recall that I am using plain TeX on a Macintosh, thus without a separate
driver. Can somebody help a poor TeX Boeotian who does not find any answer to
his problem in the TeXbook?

     Francis Borceux, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium.

------------------------------

From: K.P.Donnelly%EDINBURGH.AC.UK@forsythe.stanford.edu
Subject:    Chinese character set

Regarding the query on the TEXHAX bulletin board about the escape sequence
to invoke the Chinese character set.  From the quote it looks as if there
are misprints in the standard, and it presumably means that the escape
sequence for invoking the Chinese character set as G0 is ESC 2/4 4/1
(where 2/4 and 4/1 are hexadecimal representations).  The code for invoking
the G0 set as GL is always SI.

The standard model for a character display or printing device is that that
it "stores" four character sets, called G0, G1, G2 and G3.  Any of these
may be invoked into GL, GL being what you actually get when you send 7-bit
data to the device.  Devices which are capable of it can designate various
registered international standard character sets as G0, G1, G2 or G3, the
escape sequence for doing this being defined in the standard for the
character set along with its graphic representation.

For information on the standards framework for character codes, see
   Smith,J.M. ALLC Bulletin 11, 63-67, 1983,
or
   "Standard ECMA-35 - Code Extension Techniques",
   This is basically international standard IS 2022 and is available free from
           European Computer Manufacturs Association,
           114 Rue du Rhone, 1204 Geneva, Switzerland

To quote from the latter document (section 5.3.9)
  "ESC 2/4 2/8 F designates a multiple-byte graphic set as the G0 set.
   The designated set is invoked by SI."
   (F is a "final character" taken from columns 4 to 7 of the hex table,
    indicating the particular international standard character set)

  "As exception to these rules ESC 2/4 4/0, ESC 2/4 4/1 and ESC 2/4 4/2
   designate multiple-byte sets as G0 sets, because they are already
   registered"

You actually only get 94x94 = 8836 characters in a 2-byte 7-bit code, because
you are not allowed to use the 32 control character positions (so the IBM PC
character set does not fit in with international standards) and you are not
allowed to displace the codes for SPACE and DEL characters in a G0 set.

If any of this is wrong, someone please tell me.

  Kevin Donnelly
  Forestry Commission Research, Edinburgh
    "K.P.Donnelly @ EDINBURGH" on EARN or JANET networks

------------------------------

Date:     Thu, 21 Apr 88 11:08 N
From: <POPPELIE%HUTRUU51.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu> (Nico Poppelier)
Subject:  Section-page page numbering

Mathieu Federspeil writes (TeXhax V88 #37):
> Note that you will need to specify \setcounter{page}{1}
> immediately after each \chapter command for document style book.

The section ENVIRONMENT COUNTER MACROS of latex.tex explains
the use of \@addtoreset, which is probably a better way of getting
the same result.
Add the following to the appropriate style file:

\@addtoreset{page}{chapter}

   Nico Poppelier
   Theoretical Nuclear Physics
   University of Utrecht, The Netherlands

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Apr 88 13:17 PDT
From: Don Hosek <DHOSEK%YMIR.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject: Re: cmss/i/bx at magsteps 6/7/8/9

First off, if you wish to do anything with Metafont, you should have a mode_def
for your output device. This is actually not as scary as it sounds, the file
waits.mf contains mode_def settings for a variety of output devices, and ones
that aren't present are either available from TUGboat or Doug Henderson
(DLatex@Ucbcmsa).

Anyway, if you have a version of plain.bas with the built-in mode_def you need,
then you can skip ahead. If not, what you should do is modify waits.mf so it
contains the mode_def that you need, then use INIMF to create a new plain.bas
with the following command:
INIMF plain input waits; dump;
(if your INIMF does not accept command line arguments, you can type the stuff
beginning with plain... at the ** prompt). This will generate a new plain.bas
file that you can then put in the appropriate directory/disk for your system.
You may, at this point also want to create a cmbase.bas file. This is done with
the command
INIMF &plain cmbase \dump;
It's just that easy.

Now that you have your base file generated, you can create any font that you
need with the following command:
MF \mode:="mode"; \mag:="mag"; \input "font_name";
(stuff in quotes should not be typed as is). "mode" indicates the name of the
mode_def you created. For example, at HMC, we use \mode:=laser; for the QMS,
\mode:=vs; for the VAXstation, and \mode:=prx; for the printronix. "mag" can
be specified in one of two forms: you can say something like 1.2 to get what
TeX calls magnification 1200, or you can say magstep1 which will give the same
result, but using MF to calculate just what magstep1 would be.

A few examples:

to create cmss10 at magstep6 for "laser" you type
MF \mode:=laser; \mag:=magstep6; \input cmss10;

to create cmssq8 at normal size for "prx" you can type
MF \mode:=prx; \input cmssq8;
(note that if you want to use no magnification, you need not specify \mag.)

Hope that this is helpful,
-dh

------------------------------

Date:     Thu, 21 Apr 88 12:21 PDT
From: <DBUERGER%SCU.BITNET@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject:  LaTeX macros for Springer-Verlag now available

LaTeX users who write books for Springer-Verlag will be pleased to know
that special macros have been designed to facilitate this process.  Ed
Sznyter, at Stanford's Distributed Systems Group in Computer Science
(ews@Pescadero.stanford.edu), cooperatively developed these macros in
conjunction with SV.  These macros are variations of the standard LaTeX
"report" documentstyle.

Following are the two macros, plus a user manual in LaTeX source code.

%%% This submission is too large (22K) for distrbution via the digest. It
%%% is available for FTP retrieval on the machine SCORE.STANFORD.EDU
%%% under the filename
%%%    <TEX.TEXHAX>SPRINGER.TXH
%%% A copy of the file has been sent to TEX-L for BITNET access.  Malcolm

%%%
%%%     All others: send mail to
%%%           texhax-request@score.stanford.edu
%%%     please send a valid arpanet address!!
%%%
%%%
%%% All submissions to: texhax@score.stanford.edu
%%%
%%%\bye
%%%

End of TeXhax Digest
-------

--
                                                         --Brian.
(Brian T. Schellenberger)				 ...!mcnc!rti!sas!bts

. . . now at 2400 baud, so maybe I'll stop bothering to flame long includes.