From: Malcolm
Subject: Immoderate notes

%%% Some of you may be receiving this issue again.  Score's mailer daemon
%%% is up to its old tricks, bouncing mail queues quite unexpectedly. Sorry
%%% for the repetitions.
%%%   Please note I will be out of town from June 19th through 28th.  I
%%% recommend you hold off on submitting items to texhax until at least
%%% June 30th.  They'll just gather mold here at Stanford.

------------------------------

Date:         Tue, 07 Jun 88 09:08:16 CDT
From: Don Hosek <U33297%UICVM.BITNET@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU>
Subject:      Page imposition

There is at least one driver out there that does many neat things with
re-ordering, imposition &c.: TeXrox from Texas A&M. The driver currently
only supports the Xerox 87xx, 97xx and 4050 printers.

Also Arbortext advertises that their DVIlaser drivers can print pages
in "two-up" mode; I'm not sure if they also re-order pages for booklets
and signatures as TeXrox does.

-dh

------------------------------

Date:         Tue, 07 Jun 88 09:57:02 CDT
From: Don Hosek <U33297%UICVM.BITNET@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU>
Subject:      MFT: Does anybody use it?

I have just about finished a CMS port of MFT (the MF formatter program
used to create many of the listings in The MFBook and Computer Modern
Typefaces). Before I continue too much further, I'd like to know if
anybody uses MFT and if so, what do they use the Change file mechanism
for?

-dh

------------------------------

Date:     Tue, 7 Jun 88 17:54 N
From: <CELEX%HNYMPI52.BITNET@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU>
Subject:  Personal TeX Inc/Bitstream fonts for microVAX II and LNO3

Dominik Wujastyk, in his article on fonts TEXFONT.MEMO, dicusses the
Personal TeX Inc. `Font Interface Package', an MS DOS program which
converts BITSTREAM fonts into .PXL and .PK files. He says:

>    Users of operating systems other than DOS can presumably
>    use the  Bitstream .PXL or .PK fonts once generated on a
>    PC/AT, just by uploading them with, say, Kermit.

My question is:  has anyone tried this procedure for a set-up similar to
ours, namely  TeX version 2.0 using microVAX II + LNO3 ?  What were the
problems, and was the result worthwhile ?

I ask because we would like to produce newsletters and a manual using the
Swiss (Hevetica) set of fonts.

Gavin Burnage                                           Reply
University of Nijmegen
Wundtlaan 1                                      CELEX@HNYMPI52.BITNET
6525 XD  NIJMEGEN
The Netherlands

------------------------------

Date:         Tue, 07 Jun 88 15:09:06 CDT
From: Don Hosek <U33297%UICVM.BITNET@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU>
Subject:      Special issue of TeXMaG planned

*                  Special issue of TeXMaG planned                   *

TeXMaG V2N5 (tentatively scheduled for mid-July) will be the first
"theme" issue of TeXMaG, concerning non-English (or even
"non-American") typesetting with TeX. Topics may include, but are not
fonts, generating accented characters with Metafont, input problems
(e.g. how to denote Kanji characters from an English keyboard),
modified versions of TeX, &c.

   Send submissions for the special issue to Don Hosek <U33297@UICVM>.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 7 Jun 88 15:59:11 PDT
From: mackay@june.cs.washington.edu (Pierre MacKay)
Subject: Printer resident Adobe fonts with TeX

In the past four weeks there have been several offers of
upgraded versions of dvi2ps for use with resident fonts
in the LaserWriter and similar devices.  One of these
stands out for all sorts of reasons, and after the best of
other refinements have been merged into it it will become
the distribution standard for ps drivers.

Which brings up the question of tfms to go with these fonts.
The most thoroughly worked over set I have seen so far
is the 125 tfms that Clayton Elwell sent out to go with
his special TeX environment for ps devices.  He has drawn
on all the features of postscript to produce a wide
range of fonts, and has obviously spent some time on
editing the PL files to get a truly useful tfm.
I have no idea what relation, if any, these tfms may have
to the similar work done by Stefan Bechtolsheim.
There are font varieties here that will require some
adjustment in things like a ps version of lfonts.tex

The important thing at this stage is to make sure that
the enhancements of TeX to use Adobe fonts are drawing
on the best possible set of tfms.  My impression is
definitely that Elwell has the most convincing set
of tfms.  Unless anyone knows of a better set, let's
standardize on this lot.  It is already included in
the UnixTeX distribution.

LIST OF ADOBE BASED tfms.

 AmericanTypewriter-Bold.tfm		 Machine.tfm
 AmericanTypewriter-Medium.tfm		 Melior-Bold.tfm
 AvantGarde-Book.tfm			 Melior-BoldItalic.tfm
 AvantGarde-BookOblique.tfm		 Melior-Italic.tfm
 AvantGarde-Demi.tfm			 Melior.tfm
 AvantGarde-DemiOblique.tfm		 NewBaskerville-Bold.tfm
 Benguiat-Bold.tfm			 NewBaskerville-BoldItalic.tfm
 Benguiat-Book.tfm			 NewBaskerville-Italic.tfm
 Bookman-Demi.tfm			 NewBaskerville-Roman.tfm
 Bookman-DemiItalic.tfm			 NewCenturySchlbk-Bold.tfm
 Bookman-Light.tfm			 NewCenturySchlbk-BoldItalic.tfm
 Bookman-LightItalic.tfm		 NewCenturySchlbk-Italic.tfm
 Courier-Bold.tfm			 NewCenturySchlbk-Roman.tfm
 Courier-BoldOblique.tfm		 Optima-Bold.tfm
 Courier-Oblique.tfm			 Optima-BoldOblique.tfm
 Courier.tfm				 Optima-Oblique.tfm
 FrizQuadrata-Bold.tfm			 Optima.tfm
 FrizQuadrata.tfm			 Palatino-Bold.tfm
 FrizQuadrataBold.tfm			 Palatino-BoldItalic.tfm
 Galliard-Bold.tfm			 Palatino-BoldOblique.tfm
 Galliard-BoldItalic.tfm		 Palatino-Italic.tfm
 Galliard-Italic.tfm			 Palatino-ItalicUnslanted.tfm
 Galliard-Roman.tfm			 Palatino-Oblique.tfm
 Garamond-Bold.tfm			 Palatino-Roman.tfm
 Garamond-BoldItalic.tfm		 Sonata.tfm
 Garamond-Light.tfm			 Souvenir-Demi.tfm
 Garamond-LightItalic.tfm		 Souvenir-DemiItalic.tfm
 Glypha-Bold.tfm			 Souvenir-Light.tfm
 Glypha-BoldOblique.tfm			 Souvenir-LightItalic.tfm
 Glypha-Oblique.tfm			 StoneInformal-Bold.tfm
 Glypha.tfm				 StoneInformal-BoldItalic.tfm
 Goudy-Bold.tfm				 StoneInformal-Italic.tfm
 Goudy-BoldItalic.tfm			 StoneInformal-Semibold.tfm
 Goudy-Italic.tfm			 StoneInformal-SemiboldItalic.tfm
 Goudy.tfm				 StoneInformal.tfm
 Helvetica-Black.tfm			 StoneSans-Bold.tfm
 Helvetica-BlackOblique.tfm		 StoneSans-BoldItalic.tfm
 Helvetica-Bold.tfm			 StoneSans-Italic.tfm
 Helvetica-BoldOblique.tfm		 StoneSans-Semibold.tfm
 Helvetica-Condensed-Black.tfm		 StoneSans-SemiboldItalic.tfm
 Helvetica-Condensed-BlackOblique.tfm	 StoneSans.tfm
 Helvetica-Condensed-Bold.tfm		 StoneSerif-Bold.tfm
 Helvetica-Condensed-BoldOblique.tfm	 StoneSerif-BoldItalic.tfm
 Helvetica-Condensed-Light.tfm		 StoneSerif-Italic.tfm
 Helvetica-Condensed-LightOblique.tfm	 StoneSerif-Semibold.tfm
 Helvetica-Condensed-Oblique.tfm	 StoneSerif-SemiboldItalic.tfm
 Helvetica-Condensed.tfm		 StoneSerif.tfm
 Helvetica-Light.tfm			 Symbol-Oblique.tfm
 Helvetica-LightOblique.tfm		 Symbol.tfm
 Helvetica-Narrow-Bold.tfm		 Times-Bold-Oblique.tfm
 Helvetica-Narrow-BoldOblique.tfm	 Times-Bold.tfm
 Helvetica-Narrow-Oblique.tfm		 Times-BoldItalic.tfm
 Helvetica-Narrow.tfm			 Times-Italic.tfm
 Helvetica-Oblique.tfm			 Times-ItalicUnslanted.tfm
 Helvetica.tfm				 Times-Oblique.tfm
 Korinna-Bold.tfm			 Times-Roman.tfm
 Korinna-KursivBold.tfm			 TrumpMediaeval-Bold.tfm
 Korinna-KursivRegular.tfm		 TrumpMediaeval-BoldItalic.tfm
 Korinna-Regular.tfm			 TrumpMediaeval-Italic.tfm
 LubalinGraph-Book.tfm			 TrumpMediaeval-Roman.tfm
 LubalinGraph-BookOblique.tfm		 ZapfChancery-MediumItalic.tfm
 LubalinGraph-Demi.tfm			 ZapfDingbats.tfm
 LubalinGraph-DemiOblique.tfm

Email:  mackay@june.cs.washington.edu		Pierre A. MacKay
Smail:  Northwest Computing Support Group	TUG Site Coordinator for
	Lewis Hall, Mail Stop DW10		Unix-flavored TeX
	University of Washington
	Seattle, WA 98195
	(206) 543-6259

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 7 Jun 88 16:05 PDT
From: MCGLK%MAX.ACS.WASHINGTON.EDU@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU
Subject: LaTeX phantom zero macro problems.

First off, I am typesetting a biostatistics text in LaTeX.  The project
is coming along, but there are hundreds of tables in the book, and the
authors prefer the columns centered, but aligned by digit, similar to

                   | Column 1       Column 2
         ----------|------------------------
            Row 1  |   32.0           9823
            Row 2  |  983.21            23
            Row 3  |    1.1            2 1

(row 3, column 2 is a test case).  Looking around for a solution, I came
up with an example on page 241 of The TeXbook, which runs like this:

     \newdimen\digitwidth
     \setbox0=\hbox{\rm 0}
     \digitwidth=\wd0
     \catcode`?=\active
     \def?{\kern\digitwidth}

So far, so good.  This just turns the ? character into a kern the size of
a zero in \rm.  What I *wanted* to do was have something along the following
lines:

     \chardef\other=12
     \newdimen\digitwidth

     \def\setphantom{
          \setbox0=\hbox{0}
          \digitwidth=\wd0
     }
     \def\phantomson{
          \catcode`?=\active
          \def?{\kern\digitwidth}
     }
     \def\phantomsoff{\catcode`?=\other}

The \setphantom macro would reset the width of the zero depending on what
font I was using.  The \phantomson and \phantomsoff would allow me to worry
less about the {...} grouping.  Presumably, it would be used something
along these lines (in LaTeX)

     \setphantom
     \begin{center}
     \phantomson
     \begin{tabular}{c|cc}
                   & Column 1 & Column 2 \\ \hline
     Row 1         & ??32.0?  & 9823     \\
     Row 2         & ?983.21  & ??23     \\
     Row 3         & ???1.1?  & ?2?1
     \end{tabular}
     \phantomsoff
     \end{center}

However, upon encountering \phantomson, I get the following error:

     ! Missing control sequence inserted.
     <inserted text>
                     \inaccessible
     <to be read again>
                        ?
     \phantomson -> \catcode `?=\active \def ?
                                              {\kern \digitwidth }
     l.36 \phantomson

Apparently, it wants a backslash in front of the question mark.  HOWEVER,
if I replace the \phantomson line with its macro replacement, it works
perfectly.

I'm pretty sure it's not a collision with LaTeX macros---the phantom
macros are all based on TeX primitives.  I'm probably missing something
really obvious, but I haven't been able to find an answer to this one.

Thanks in advance for your help; reply to me, and I'll summarize to
TeXhax if anyone's interested.

                                       --Ken McGlothlen
                                         mcglk@max.acs.washington.edu
                                         MCGLK@MAX.BITNET

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 8 Jun 88 11:46:27 edt
From: moogvax!terry@gort (Terry Westley)
Subject: Arrow lines in tabular environment

Does anyone know how to draw a line with an arrowhead in the tabular
environment across several columns?  Here is a rough picture of what
I am trying to do:

+-----+-----+-----+-----+--------------------------+
| Task| Task| Task| Task|                          |
|  A  |  B  |  C  |  D  |        Description       |
+-----+-----+-----+-----+--------------------------+
|  ---+-----+-->  |     | Send foo                 |
|     |  <--+---  |     | Then, send foobar        |
+-----+-----+-----+-----+--------------------------+

Ideally, the command would work like \cline where you specify the
column numbers.  However, I couldn't see how to adapt \cline or even
\rightarrowfill in TeX to do this.

Thanks for any ideas.

--
  Terry Westley
  Moog, Inc. (no, not the synthesizer company)

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 8 Jun 88 09:14:39 PDT
From: lamport@decwrl.dec.com (Leslie Lamport)
Subject: LaTeX vs Theses--for Brian Mork

I often get LaTeX queries with return addresses that my mailer can't
cope with.  The following is a reply to such a message from Brian Mork.
If it doesn't reach him, perhaps it will be of interest to others.

Subject: Re: Line spacing
             <8805281040.AA05952@src.dec.com>

   Our graduate college requires the text of theses to be 1-1/2 space.  In
   an attempt to do this, I've played with \baselineskip,
   \baselinestretch, \lineskip, \lineskiplimit, etc., but can't seem to
   get a proper mix.

My advice in all such cases is to get your college to modify its
obsolete requirements, which were developed for typewriters, not laser
printers.  I will be glad to write a letter in support.

Failing that, my next advice is to produce one copy, horribly
formatted, that meets the letter of their requirements.  Since they
probably don't specify single spacing for tables and figures, they will
probably accept a copy that has 1-1/2 spacing throughout.  Needless to
say, the copies you distribute for people to read should be formatted
as a normal LaTeX document.

Finally, if you insist on trying to produce a reasonable document that
satisfies their specs, I suggest that you get a copy of the su-thesis
document style that was devised for just this purpose.  The repository
at Rochester should have it.  (See old issues of TeXHaX for how to
obtain it, or try ken@rochester.edu for help.)

   Incidently (?), what is the scope of a \baselineskip change?

The scope of the change is the same as for any declaration.  The value
of \baselineskip used to typeset a paragraph is the one in effect when
TeX detects the end of that paragraph--e.g., at the blank line.

Leslie Lamport

------------------------------

Date:      Wed,  8 Jun 88 14:28:57 PDT
From: <U33297%UICVM.BITNET@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU>
Subject:   patgen

Could somebody please tell me what the files |dictionary|, |patterns|,
and |output| should be named and what their contents should look like
for running patgen?

Thanks,
-dh,

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 8 Jun 88 18:54:40 EDT
From: cld@arbortext.com
Subject: using DVILASER to print TeX pages in random order

Peter Flynn asked if anyone, specifically ArborText, has a driver that
will print TeX files in random order.   It is our policy not to advertise
our software over TeXhax, and I feel this response is more of an answer
to Peter's request than an advertisement.

All of ArborText's versions of DVILASER can print DVI files in any order
you specify.  DVILASER's `reverse' option will print pages in reverse
order and DVILASER's `interactive' mode allows you to specify any random
processing order of your DVI file.

It is just as easy to re-order pages by hand for an eight page document,
but you might want to do something more complicated like print a booklet.
For instance, we print our installation instructions back-to-back, stapled
in the middle, and then folded.  To do this we tell DVILASER to order the
pages correctly, rotate them to landscape orientation, and print two TeX
pages per sheet of paper.  Since we want the first TeX page (the title page)
on the right side of the first sheet of paper, we use the DVILASER `cycle'
command.  To fit two TeX pages on a single sheet of pager we make the TeX
pages smaller than 8.5 by 11 inches, but it is also possible to tell
DVILASER to shrink the page image to fit.

You can issue the commands to achieve all this interactively when DVILASER
processes the document or you can create a separate option file that you
specify when you call DVILASER.  You can even embed them in your TeX file
using the \special command.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about DVILASER's
capabilities.

Cheri DeRosia
ArborText Technical Support
cld@arbortext.com
(313) 996--3566

------------------------------

From: Eric Ole Barber <mcvax!nw.stl.stc.co.uk!sizex@uunet.UU.NET>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 88 16:27:01 BST
Subject: interaction of \clearpage and fullpage

I made this observation in TeXhax Digest V88 #43 -

I'm using \clearpage to force all figures in a section into the same section,
and start a new section on a fresh page.  If \clearpage has to force out a page
of floats, then no figures appear on the first page of the next section.

Lamport blames this on fullpage in a private message. I've tried mailing the
originator of fullpage without any response. Can anyone else help? I enclose
fullpage and a test-file (toggle the documentstyle lines to see what I mean).

fullpage -

\marginparwidth 0pt
\oddsidemargin  0pt
\evensidemargin  0pt
\marginparsep 0pt

\topmargin   0pt

\textwidth   6.5in
\textheight  8.5 in

test-file -

% \documentstyle[fullpage]{article}
\documentstyle{article}
\begin{document}

\section{Introduction}
\subsection{A system specification}
on (see Figures~\ref{APPsel} to \ref{APPgrown}).
\begin{figure}[htbp]
\vspace{   0.80555in}
\caption[]{Selecting a component}
\label{APPsel}
\end{figure}
\begin{figure}[htbp]
\vspace{   0.93055in}
\caption[]{Growing a node (before)}
\label{APPgrow}
\end{figure}
\begin{figure}[htbp]
\vspace{   1.06945in}
\caption[]{Growing a node (after)}
\label{APPgrown}
\end{figure}

Once
Figure~\ref{APPdbvonr} is presented.
\begin{figure}[htbp]
\vspace{   0.91667in}
\caption[]{Turning on operation trans of component APP(a)}
\label{APPtranson}
\end{figure}
\begin{figure}[htbp]
\vspace{   1.02778in}
\caption[]{Specifying data element db\_view\_1}
\label{APPdbvon}
\end{figure}
\begin{figure}[htbp]
\vspace{   1.23611in}
\caption[]{Data element review for component APP(a)}
\label{APPdbvonr}
\end{figure}
\clearpage
\subsection{Resource usage}
\label{resusage}
Analyse pull-down menu (see Figure~\ref{pdAnalyse}).

\begin{figure}[h]
\vspace{   1.61111in}
\caption[]{Calculated work}
\label{APPwork}
\end{figure}

The calculated work is shown in Figure~\ref{APPwork}.
\end{document}

------------------------------

Date:         Thu, 09 Jun 88 11:38:48 GMT
From: Marion Neubauer <$90%DHDURZ1.BITNET@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU>
Subject:      Footnotes, set like a paragraph

Hi there,
I asked this question some time ago getting no answers. So I try it
again.
I want short footnotes to be set like a paragraph. I asked for a
LaTeX solution. Now I tried to do it in PLAIN TeX, but
it doesn't work (I think it's a mistake by me, but I can't find it).
The following is the makro of the dirty tricks, TeXbook page 398 f.
and a small text for a test. The result is: No footnotemark in the
text and bfore the footnote itself and each footnotes begin a new line.

----- cut here -----------------------------------------------------

\font\sixi=cmmi6     \font\sixsy=cmsy6
\font\sixbf=cmbx6    \font\sixrm=cmr6
\font\eightrm=cmr8   \font\eighti=cmmi8
\font\eightsy=cmsy8  \font\eightbf=cmbx8
\font\eighttt=cmtt8  \font\eightsl=cmsl8
\font\eightit=cmti8
\font\ninerm=cmr9    \font\ninesy=cmsy9
\newskip\ttglue

\def\eightpoint{\def\rm{\fam0\eightrm}
  \textfont0=\eightrm \scriptfont0=\sixrm \scriptscriptfont0=\fiverm
  \textfont1=\eighti \scriptfont1=\sixi \scriptscriptfont1=\fivei
  \textfont2=\eightsy \scriptfont2=\sixsy \scriptscriptfont2=\fivesy
  \textfont3=\tenex \scriptfont3=\tenex \scriptscriptfont3=\tenex
  \textfont\itfam=\eightit  \def\it{\fam\itfam\eightit}%
  \textfont\slfam=\eightsl  \def\sl{\fam\slfam\eightsl}%
  \textfont\ttfam=\eightit  \def\tt{\fam\ttfam\eighttt}%
  \textfont\bffam=\eightbf  \scriptfont\bffam=\sixbf
  \scriptscriptfont\bffam=\fivebf \def\bf{\fam\bffam\eightbf}%
  \tt  \ttglue=.5em plus .25em minus .15em
  \normalbaselineskip=9pt
  \setbox\strutbox=\hbox{\vrule height7pt depth2pt width0pt}%
  \let\sc=\sixrm \let\big=\eightbig \normalbaselines\rm}
\def\eightbig#1{{\hbox{$textfont0=\ninerm\textfont2=\ninesy
   \left#1\vbox to 6.5pt{}\right.\n@space$}}}
%
\def\footnote#1{%
    \insert\footins{\floatingpenalty=20000 \eightpoint
    \setbox0=\hbox{$~{\rm xx}$}#1\penalty-10\hskip\footglue}
    \dp0=0pt \ht0=\fudgefactor\wd0 \box0}
%
\eightpoint \newskip\footglue \footglue=1.5em plus .3em minus .3em
     \newdimen\footnotebaselineskip \footnotebaselineskip=10pt
     \dimen0=\footnotebaselineskip \multiply\dimen0 by 1024
     \divide \dimen0 by \hsize \multiply\dimen0 by 64
     {\catcode`p=12 \catcode`t=12  \gdef\\#1pt{#1}}
     \let\getfactor=\\
     \xdef\fudgefactor{\expandafter\getfactor\the\dimen0 }
%
%
%
Hinc facta congregacione dicte universitatis in Sancto Iacobo extra
muros secundo die novembris post missam universitatis super
punctis infra scriptis per iuramenta: primus, quia tunc Iudeis
expulsis domus eorum fuerunt cum synagoga  universitati per
principes nostros assignate, $~{1}$ fuit propositum, an
expediret, quod de illis domibus institueretur collegium
universitatis et supersederetur de domo incepta extra muros opidi
Heydelbergensis et quod restans pecunia\footnote{\it verbessert A}
converteretur in redditus pro magistris collegiandis et pecunia
soluta pro domo lignea in istarum domorum reparacionem
converteretur, videlicet 200$~{\rm ti}$ floreni.\par
Secundus an in
regressu dominorum ducum expediat deputacione solem\-pni  et bonis
motivis instare coram domino duce seniore pro libertate fori.   \par
Tercius de numero missarum celebrandarum per universitatem et de
loco vel locis earum.\par Quartus an expediat institui missam pro
domino duce defuncto quia funda\-tor
\footnote{$~{\rm ...b)}$ \it Zusatz des Editors} in die$~{\rm b)}$
anniversario et aliam pro domino preposito Wormaciensi.  \par
$~{2}$ Quintus
quia in monte omnium sanctorum fuerunt visi
flagellatores die omnium sanctorum, quid super hoc esset
agendum.    \par
Super primo dictum fuit, quod sic, sed quod hoc
tractaretur subtiliter, ne per emulos studii suggeretur dominis
ducibus restantes pecunias recipi ab universitate pro domibus
Iudeorum sibi assignatis.  \par
Super 2$~{\rm o}$ eciam, quod sic,
et fuerunt deputati doctores theologie sacre et iuris canonici et
fuerunt deputati doctores theologie sacre et iuris canonici et
medicine cum magistris Nycolao Burgman, Iohanne de Chymaco et
Friderico de Solczbach\footnote{Solbach \it A} de facultate arcium.   \par
[45r] Super 3$~{\rm o}$ post plurima hinc inde
recitata\footnote{reti-- \it A} dictum fuit, quod fieret congregacio ad
statuendum pro die sabbati sequente.   \par
Super quarto eodem modo.   \par
Super quinto, quod universitas omni modo se
illis contraponeret et principibus et civitatibus scriberet de
prohibicione eorum et ut ducibus insinuaret pericula, que de illis
et huiusmodi sectis possent emanare\footnote{\it verbessert A}.   \par
Item in eadem congregacione fuit ordinatum, quod rector
faceret publicari privilegia concessa universitati per dominos
duces finito foro in ecclesia sancti Petri et sancti spiritus die
eodem.   \par
$~{1}$ [super collegio deliberationem]  \par
$~{2}$ [de secta flagellatorum consultatio]\footnote{$~{1}${\it und}
$~{2}$ {\it Hd.\ wie \"{U}berschr.\ Nr.\ 58.\ A}}
\vfill \supereject \end

----- cut here -----------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your help
Marion Neubauer

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 9 Jun 88 08:35:37 EDT
From: ctk@matctk.ncsu.edu (Tim Kelley)
Subject: CommonTeX patch

A while back there was a patch posted to fix a bug in CommonTeX so that
it would run on SUN OS 3.5. I didn't care then but do now. Could someone
point me to the appropriate back issues of texhax or send me the patch itself?

Thanks

C. T. Kelley
ctk%matctk@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu

%%%
%%%     All others: send mail to
%%%           texhax-request@score.stanford.edu
%%%     please send a valid arpanet address!!
%%%
%%%
%%% All submissions to: texhax@score.stanford.edu
%%%
%%% Back issues available for FTPing as:
%%%          machine:      directory:  filename:
%%%   [SCORE.STANFORD.EDU]<TEX.TEXHAX>TEXHAXnn.yy
%%%      nn = issue number
%%%      yy = last two digits of current year
%%%\bye
%%%

------------------------------

End of TeXHhax Digest