[comp.text] Need LaTeX

dow@wjh12.harvard.edu (Dominik Wujastyk) (06/26/88)

In article <249@iconsys.UUCP> bryan@iconsys.UUCP (Bryan J. Cardoza) writes:
>This is probably an old question, but I'm a net-neophyte.
>
>Is it possible to get (via FTP or UUCP) source to some flavor to TeX?

The entire "official" TeX system (in WEB) with a lot of macros, programs,
fonts, data files (like the TeXbook) and so on can be retrieved by anonymous FTP
from score.stanford.edu

Look in the directory TEX.LATEX for all the LaTeX files in their most
current versions.

The full family of Device drivers by Nelson Beebe (HP, Apple LaserWriter,
and many others) can be FTPed from science.utah.edu  (this is all C source
code, which contains support for many operating systems and compilers).

Dominik Wujastyk

--
bitnet:	 user DOW on the bitnet node HARVUNXW
arpanet: dow@wjh12.harvard.edu

ken@cs.rochester.edu (Ken Yap) (06/27/88)

|The entire "official" TeX system (in WEB) with a lot of macros, programs,
|fonts, data files (like the TeXbook) and so on can be retrieved by anonymous FTP
|from score.stanford.edu
|
|Look in the directory TEX.LATEX for all the LaTeX files in their most
|current versions.

But I must add that these are the TOPS-20 versions and that if you want
to avoid reinventing the OS specific change files, you might want to
consider getting the official distribution tape for your machine.

	Ken