[comp.text] Shareware TEX for PC's?

shorne@citron (Scott Horne) (06/28/88)

From _PC Magazine_, July 1988, p. 292, col. 3:

"Two other [PC versions of TEX], _TurboTex_ and _CommonTex_, are shareware
products."

Can anyone tell me where I can get a copy?  It may be best to post, as my mail
connection is *very* shaky.

Advance thanks.

				--Scott Horne

BITNET:		PHORNE@CLEMSON (not working; please use another address)
uucp:		....!gatech!hubcap!scarle!{hazel,citron,amber}!shorne
		(If that doesn't work, send to cchang@hubcap.clemson.edu)
SnailMail:	Scott Horne
		812 Eleanor Dr.
		Florence, SC   29501
VoiceNet:	803 667-9848

tsf@arizona.edu (Ted Frohling @ CCIT-Telcommunications, University of Arizona) (06/28/88)

In article <2043@hubcap.UUCP>, shorne@citron (Scott Horne) writes:
> From _PC Magazine_, July 1988, p. 292, col. 3:
>
> "Two other [PC versions of TEX], _TurboTex_ and _CommonTex_, are shareware
> products."
>
> Can anyone tell me where I can get a copy?  It may be best to post, as my mail
> connection is *very* shaky.
>
> Advance thanks.
>

> 				--Scott Horne

I don't know where _PC Magazine_ gets its facts but _TurboTex_ is not
shareware.  At $100 for the executables and $100 for the sources it is a
bargain though.  _TurboTex_ is produced by:
Kinch Computer Co.
501 South Meadow St.
Ithaca, NY 14850
607.273.0222

_CommonTex_ is available for anon ftp from various sources.   I can't remember
where exactly but a place to start might be score.stanford.edu.  Others can
probably direct you to other ftpable sources.

ps. _TurboTex_ is available for ms-dos and Unix SYS5 boxes.
--
Ted Frohling                               Internet: tsf@rvax.ccit.arizona.edu
Network Support                            BITNET:   tsf@arizrvax.BITNET

dow@wjh12.harvard.edu (Dominik Wujastyk) (06/29/88)

In article <6022@megaron.arizona.edu> tsf@arizona.edu (Ted Frohling @ CCIT-Telcommunications, University of Arizona) writes:

>_CommonTex_ is available for anon ftp from various sources.   I can't remember
>where exactly but a place to start might be score.stanford.edu.  Others can
>probably direct you to other ftpable sources.

Common TeX was at one point available for anonymous FTP on
	ucbvax.berkeley.edu  and
	labrea.stanford.edu

I haven't checked recently, though.  Let us all know, if you get a definite
answer.

Dominik

--
bitnet:	 user DOW on the bitnet node HARVUNXW
arpanet: dow@wjh12.harvard.edu