[comp.text] Availability of Metafont fonts

vic@zen.co.uk (Victor Gavin) (07/08/88)

Does anyone have a list of fonts available for TeX that are generated by
Metafont.

We have the fonts from the TeX distribution tape but we are looking to
add some others for special purposes (eg Helvetica for banner text).

We have tried using Bitstream fonts and converting them into tfm/pk
compatible images but they are missing many of the useful characters
(also the inter-character spacing appeared to be wrong).

I will (as they say) summarize all replies.

			vic
--
Victor Gavin						Zengrange Limited
vic@zen.co.uk						Greenfield Road

dow@wjh12.UUCP (07/10/88)

In article <1323@zen.co.uk> vic@zen.UUCP (Victor Gavin) writes:
>Does anyone have a list of fonts available for TeX that are generated by
>Metafont.

Yes, I have made such a list.  It will be published as "The Many Faces of
TeX" in the next issue of TUGboat (9.2).  The list is also circulating
as a LaTeX file called FONTMEMO.TEX, (with a style called FONTMEMO.STY).
This is available for FTP from score.stanford.edu (in TEX.TEXHAX, as
WUJASTYK.TXH, or something like it), and I believe also in the Aston
archive, in the UK.

Dominik Wujastyk

--
bitnet:	 user DOW on the bitnet node HARVUNXW
arpanet: dow@wjh12.harvard.edu