[comp.text] how to get a dot in col 1 with n/troff

cdash@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Charles Shub) (07/16/88)

putting a dot (.) in column 1 of the output ought to be easy. can someone
give me a clue on a quick and dirty way to do it. please respond by mail
and i'll post the top 2 or 3 answers.

thanks...
--

cdash   aka cdash@boulder.Colorado.EDU  -or-  ..!{ncar|nbires}!boulder!cdash

kjk@pbhyf.PacBell.COM (Ken Keirnan) (07/16/88)

In article <2137@boulder.Colorado.EDU> cdash@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Charles Shub) writes:
>putting a dot (.) in column 1 of the output ought to be easy. can someone
>give me a clue on a quick and dirty way to do it. please respond by mail
>and i'll post the top 2 or 3 answers.
>
>thanks...

To hide the special meaning of period (.) or single quote (') at the beginning
of a line, use the zero width pad character "\&" to begin the line.

Ken Keirnan
--

Ken Keirnan - Pacific Bell - {att,bellcore,sun,ames,pyramid}!pacbell!pbhyf!kjk
  San Ramon, California	                    kjk@pbhyf.PacBell.COM