[comp.text] Text file -> PostScript for MS-DOS?

jbn@glacier.STANFORD.EDU (John B. Nagle) (09/09/88)

      There must be some simple program available for converting ordinary
text files to PostScript for printing on a Laserwriter connected to an
MS-DOS system.  But what is it?  Is something available in the public
domain?

					John Nagle

cramer@optilink.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) (09/10/88)

In article <17691@glacier.STANFORD.EDU>, jbn@glacier.STANFORD.EDU (John B. Nagle) writes:

>       There must be some simple program available for converting ordinary
> text files to PostScript for printing on a Laserwriter connected to an
> MS-DOS system.  But what is it?  Is something available in the public
> domain?
>
> 					John Nagle

It's sort of overkill for what you want, but Niche Marketing (my sideline
company) sells a terminate-and-stay-resident utility that provides
transparent Epson MX-80 to PostScript translation for parallel and serial
interface PostScript printers.  We also sell a product specifically for
C program listings, but generally useful for ASCII files that need printing
in a variety of formats.

Send mail if you want to know more, or call:

    Niche Marketing
    7198 Camino Colegio
    Rohnert Park, CA 94928
    (707) 795-7342