Date: 24 Sept 1988
From: Malcolm
Subject: immoderately noted

%%%    This issue begins with an important contribution from Eric
%%% Berg.  He has written up instructions for transferring TeX
%%% and related files from Score.  Anyone with FTP access to Score
%%% should probably keep a copy of Eric's instructions handy.

------------------------------

Date: Wed 20 Jul 88 21:37:42-PDT
From: Eric M. Berg <A.Eric@GSB-HOW.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: Instructions for FTPing TeX from Score

I've created a file -REAME-.GETTING-TEX in the <ANONYMOUS> directory on
Score.  It contains an explanation of the lay-out of the <TEX> directory
tree on Score, and some brief instructions on using anonymous FTP, both
originally written by Barbara Beeton and updated by me.

Anyone interested in FTPing TeX files from Score should be encouraged to
retrieve this file first, if they have any questions about what files are
where.  Since this file is in <ANONYMOUS>, anyone who logs in via
"anonymous FTP" can find it without having to change directories.

We seem to get a couple of inquiries a month about how to do this, and
hopefully this file will make responding to them individually a thing of
the past.

/Eric

		FINDING TeX FILES ON SCORE.STANFORD.EDU

USING ANONYMOUS FTP

Most systems on the Internet (this includes the Arpanet, NSFnet and some
others, but not Bitnet or USEnet) support a File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
program that enables a user to make a connection to another node on the
network and copy or send files between the two connected nodes.  If the
remote node supports anonymous FTP, it is not necessary for the user to
have an account at that node.  An FTP session (run on a TOPS-20 system)
looks something like this.

  @ftp score.stanford.edu
  FTP>                cd <tex.web>
  < Please log in first, with USER, PASS and ACCT.
  LOGIN (user)        anonymous
  Password:           anonymous
  FTP>                get    -chrono-.dir    web-chrono.dir
                             [source file]   [target file]
   PS:<TEX.WEB>-CHRONO-.DIR.14 => <BNB>WEB-CHRONO.DIR.1;P777700 !! [OK]
  FTP>                exit

ORGANIZATION OF THE TeX DIRECTORIES ON SCORE

In the above example, we are retrieving the -CHRONO-.DIR file from the
<TEX.WEB> directory, the directory which holds TeX.WEB and its change
files, TANGLE and WEAVE, and so forth.  Most of the <TEX.*> subdirectories
contain chrono files, which list the files in that directory
first).  These chrono files are regenerated automatically every weekend.

The subdirectories listed below are the ones that become part of the
standard TeX distribution tapes:

   <TEX.AMSFONTS>       .TFM and raster files of 300 dpi AMS fonts
   <TEX.AMSTEX>         AMSTeX.TeX and related macros and documentation
   <TEX.BIBTEX>         the BiBTeX system, for use with LaTeX
   <TEX.CM>             .MF sources of the CM* fonts
   <TEX.DOC>            manuals, bug and errata lists and other documentation
   <TEX.GF>             .GF font files
   <TEX.INPUTS>         various macro files and similar
   <TEX.LATEX>          the LaTeX macros and style files
   <TEX.LN03>           a VMS-based device driver for the DEC LN03 printer
   <TEX.MF>             MF.WEB and change files, ``fontware''
   <TEX.TEST>           TRIP, TRAP and other test-related files
   <TEX.TEXHAX>         the TeXhax archives
   <TEX.TUGBOAT>        items that have appeared in TUGboat
   <TEX.WEB>            TANGLE and WEB; TeX.WEB and change files

Other directories of interest:
   <TEX.BLACKER-FONTS>	what the name implies
   <TEX.IMAGEN>		sources for the DVIIMP program (Imagen device driver)
   <TEX.LOCAL>		local TeX input files

SOME ADDITIONAL COMMENTS

Please note that the WEB Change files in <TEX.WEB> do not necessarily
correspond to the latest versions of the .WEB files.  (That is, there is
frequently a delay between when a .WEB file is updated and when the
corresponding Change files are updated.)  This is particularly true for
Change files for operating systems other than TOPS-20 (e.g. VMS, CMS, etc.).

Also note that there are no Un*x change files included on Score.

Finally, for other TOPS-20 sites, the .EXE files for the TeX software are
stored in the <TEX> directory.

Original version: 	Barbara Beeton (BEETON@Score.Stanford.EDU)
Last updated:		Eric Berg (EMB@Score.Stanford.EDU), 7/20/88

------------------------------

Date:      Fri, 23 Sep 88 10:39:27 CDT
From:      "Cliff Bergman" <S2.CHB%ISUMVS.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>
Subject: various questions

1.  Can anyone suggest an appropriate mode_def for use with
Arbortext's Preview program (at 118DPI) on an IBM-pS/2?  I have
experimented with a few settings, but I don't really know what I
am doing.
I tried blacker=fillin=0, o_correction=.2 and got rather peculiar
results.  All of the letter shapes looked reasonable, but the first
two characters of each word were more-or-less overprinted.  Can
anybody explain that to me?

2.  I am looking for an 8pt caps-and-small caps font.  Has anybody
created such an animal?

3.  I have remarkably bad luck with bibliographic entries.  I seem
to manage at least one overfull box in the bibliography of each
paper.  Now the TeXbook says that the "right" way to fix overfull
boxes is to rewrite the offending paragraph, but one can't very
well do that with the title of someone else's paper (although I
have occasionally been tempted).  Is there an accepted way to
handle this problem, besides resetting the \hfuzz?  AMS-TeX, which
I use (and I would imagine LaTeX as well) has a rather inflexible
bibliography style, which I do not know how to modify.  Which
brings me to my last question...

4.  Is there a documented version of AMS-TeX, or at least
AMSPPT.STY?  (Similar to the .doc files for LaTeX?)  I promise not
to make drastic changes to AMSTeX and then distribute them all over
the world, but It would be nice to be able to create our own styles
to go with AMS-TeX, such as a thesis style for our department.

Thanks,
Cliff Bergman
s2.chb@isumvs.bitnet
Dept. of Mathematics
Iowa State University
Ames, Iowa  50010

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 Sep 88 15:20:41 EDT
From: Mike DeCorte <mrd@sun.soe.clarkson.edu>
Subject: Contents of the LaTeX style collection, Sep 23 1988

As many of you know, Ken Yapp has been maintaining the LaTeX Style
Collection at Rochester.  This collection has been moved to
Clarkson_Univsity:sun.soe.clarkson.edu:archive-server and is being
maintained by me, Michael DeCorte (mrd@sun.soe.clarkson.edu).

The LaTeX style collection now contains the files listed below.  You
should retrieve the file Description first to obtain a brief
description of current directory contents.  The file Index contains a
reverse time sorted list of files; this may be helpful in keeping your
collection in sync with LaTeX-style.  The file Readme describes how to
retrieve files.

More submissions are very welcome.

Index                      man10.sty
a4.sty			   man11.sty
a4wide.sty		   man12.sty
a5.sty			   manual.readme
a5comb.sty		   manual.sty
aaai-instructions.tex	   memo.sty
aaai-named-0.98.bst	   merge.sty
aaai-named-0.99.bst	   mfr.sty
aaai-named.bst		   mitthesis-sample.tex
aaai-named.ost		   mitthesis.sty
aaai.sty		   natsci.bst
acm.bst			   natsci.sty
agugrl-sample.tex	   newalpha.bst
agugrl.sty		   nl.sty
agujgr-sample.tex	   nopagenumbers.sty
agujgr.sty		   pcwritex.shar
album.shar		   pslatex.shar
alltt.sty		   remark.sty
amssymbols.sty		   resume-sample.tex
apalike.bst		   resume.sty
apalike.sty		   romanneg.sty
art10.txt		   rscsencode.shar
art11.txt		   sc21-wg1.sty
art12.txt		   sc21.sty
article.txt		   schedule.sty
biihead.sty		   select.tex
boxedminipage.sty	   semitic.sty
bsf.sty			   sfwmac.sty
captcont.sty		   shapiro-btxbst-0.98.readme
cyrillic.sty		   shapiro-btxbst-0.98.sty
dayofweek.tex		   shapiro-makebst.sh
deproc.sty		   showlabels.sty
deprocldc.tex		   siam-old.sty
docsty.shar		   siam.bib
doublespace.sty		   siam.bst
draft.sty		   siam.sty
drafthead.sty		   siam.tex
drop.sty		   siam10-old.sty
dvidoc.shar1		   siam10.sty
dvidoc.shar2		   siam11.sty
eepic10.shar		   siam12.sty
epic.shar1		   slem.sty
epic.shar2		   spacecites.sty
espo.sty		   suthesis.sty
fig2epic1c.shar		   svma.sty
fixup.sty		   svma.tex
fnpara.tex		   svsa.sty
format.sty		   tabledoc.tex
fullpage.sty		   tables.sty
geophysics.sty		   texindex.shar
german.sty		   texnames.sty
ieeetr.bst		   tgrind.sty
insertplot.readme	   threepart.sty
insertplot.sty		   titlepage.txt
ist21.sty		   trademark.sty
latex.bug		   uct10.sty
latex.dif		   uct11.sty
layout.readme		   uct12.sty
layout.tex		   ucthesis.readme
lcustom.tex		   ucthesis.sty
lfonts_ams.readme	   uuencode.shar
lfonts_ams.tex		   vdm.sty
lgraph.shar		   vdm.tex
local-suppl.tex		   wsltex.shar
			   xxxcustom.tex
			   xxxslides.sty
1. For Internet users - how to ftp:

An example session is shown below.  Users should realize that ftp
syntax varies from host to host.  Your syntax may be different.  The
syntax presented here is that of Unix ftp. Comments are in
parentheses.

% ftp sun.soe.clarkson.edu	(a.k.a. cs.rochester.edu, a.k.a. 192.5.53.209)
 ...				(general blurb)
user: anonymous
password: <any non-null string>
ftp> cd pub/latex-style		(where the files are)
ftp> ls				(to see what is there)
 ...				(lots of output)
ftp> get Index
 ...				(more blurb)
ftp> quit

2. Non-Internet users: how to retrieve by mail

To retrieve files or help documentation send mail to
archiver-server@sun.soe.clarkson.edu with the body of the mail message
containing the command help or index or send.  The send command must
be followed by latex-style and then the files you want.  Users who are
not in the uucp maps database are strongly encourage to include a path
command followed by a path from clarkson to you. If you don't include
a path command, your mail may not get to you and will definitely be
delayed as Michael will have to mail it by hand.  You should realize
that Clarkson does not have a uucp connection, therefore you must send
it to an internet or bitnet host that does have a uucp connection.
For example, host!user@uunet.uu.net should send:

Subject:
path host!user@uunet.uu.net
send latex-style 00readme 00index
send latex-style resume.sty

3. Distribution for IBM PC and clone users:

There are two sources.

	David W. Hopper
	446 Main Street
	Toronto, Ontario
	Canada M4C 4Y2

has LaTeX style files only.

1. Either one 1.2 MB diskette or three 360KB diskettes, blank and formatted.
2. Indication of the format required,
3. A self-addressed mailer, and
4. A $5.00 donation per set of files, to cover postage and equipment
wear & tear. (If you live outside North America, airmail delivery will
probably require more postage. You should probably contact David for
details.)
5. No phone calls or personal visits please.

	Jon Radel
	P.O. Box 2276
	Reston, VA 22090

has LaTeX style files and other goodies.  The style files occupy 4
floppies.  For a list of his comprehensive collection, or other info
send a SASE.

1. 360KB diskettes, blank and formatted.
2. A stamped, self-addressed mailer, and
3. $1.50 per disk. If you live outside North America, skip the stamps
and send additional money or International Reply Coupons.

As a convenience for people who have more money than floppies, Jon will
supply everything for $6.00 per disk to U.S./Canada/Mexico addresses.

Michael DeCorte // (315)268-2292 // P.O. Box 652, Potsdam, NY 13676
Internet mrd@sun.soe.clarkson.edu  // Bitnet   mrd@clutx.bitnet

Clarkson Archiver Server
archiver-server@sun.soe.clarkson.edu
archive-server%sun.soe.clarkson.edu@omnigate.bitnet
dumb1!dumb2!dumb3!smart!sun.soe.clarkson.edu!archive-server

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 Sep 88 12:31:43 PDT
From: Max Hailperin <HAILPERIN@SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: footnote numbering per page

Does anyone have a hack to make LaTeX number footnotes starting afresh on
each page?  I understand enough about output routines and when they are
called to surmise that this is a non-trivial problem.  (Needless to say,
this is yet another externally imposed requirement problem; the issue isn't
whether this is a good thing to do.)

Thanks.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 23 Sep 88 16:01 EDT
From: Ted Nieland - SRL <@WPAFB-AAMRL.ARPA:TNIELAND@FALCON>
Subject: TeXware FTP Locations

A while back someone wanted to know where you can find TeXware via ANONYMOUS
FTP on the ARPA Internet.  Well, I have been trying to keep track of just such
and the following is the current list that I have.  Please send any
corrections to TNIELAND@WPAFB-AAMRL.ARPA.  I will be doing my best to keep the
list up-to-date.  I plan to post an update twice a year, or if a lot of
information changes.

TeXWare Item  Current Version     Author                 FTP Location
Common-TeX	v2.9		Pat Monardo		berkeley.edu

MakeIndex	v2.4		Pehong Chen		ucbarpa.berkeley.edu

Utah DVI Driver			Nelson H.F. Beebe	science.utah.edu
Family		V10.1					<TEX.DVI>
							ctrsci.utah.edu
							PS1:[TEX.DVI]

AFtoPL 		v2.0		Clayton M. Elwell	tut.cis.ohio-state.edu

Greek Fonts			Silvio Levy		princeton.edu

TeX		2.93		Donald Knuth		score.stanford.edu
							PS:<TEX>

METAFONT	1.5		Donald Knuth		score.stanford.edu
							PS:<TEX.MF>

LaTeX		2.09		Leslie Lamport		score.stanford.edu
							PS:<TEX.LATEX>

CM Font Sources						score.stanford.edu
							PS:<TEX.CM>

AMS Fonts 						score.stanford.edu
							PS:<TEX.AMSFONTS>

WEB							score.stanford.edu
							PS:<TEX.WEB>

AMSTeX							score.stanford.edu
							PS:<TEX.AMSTEX>

BibTeX		v.99c					score.stanford.edu
							PS:<TEX.BIBTEX>

Fig		1.4FS					svax.cs.cornell.edu
						~ftp/pub/fig/fig-fs.tar.Z
TransFig	1.4-3					svax.cs.cornell.edu
						~ftp/pub/fig/transfig.tar.Z

TGRIND				Jerry Leichter		cs.yale.edu
   VMS BACKUP Saveset TGRIND.A     also get FIXREC.EXE

TEXTYL				John Renner		cs.yale.edu
   VMS BACKUP Saveset TEXTYL.A     also get FIXREC.EXE

PicTeX							svax.cs.cornell.edu
							a.cs.uiuc.edu
							june.cs.washington.edu

VAXStation Previewers

   Preview			Randy Buckland		argon.rti.org

   DVIDIS	v3.4		Jerry Leichter		cs.yale.edu
     VMS BACKUP Saveset DVIDIS.A  also get FIXREC.EXE

LaTeX Style Collection					cs.rochester.edu

IBM PC Previewers

   DVIVGA			Doug McDonald		b.scs.uiuc.edu

   DVIEW						simtel20.arpa
							<MSDOS.TEX>

   CDVI							simtel20.arpa
							<MSDOS.TEX>

Unix Flavored Tex					june.cs.washington.edu
web2c		2.20
TeX		2.93
METAFONT	1.5
bibtex		.99c
PicTeX

------------------------------

Date:     Fri, 23 Sep 88 15:10 EST
From:     <KEE%PSUARLC.BITNET@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU>
Subject:  Keeping Extraneous Blanks Out of Macro Definitions

After fighting, and typically losing, the battle of the blanks, I gave up
and began using the following commands to reroute blanks in my macro
definitions into TeX's twilight zone. That is, the category code of a blank
is temporarily changed to be the null character. The same trick can be seen
on p.390 of The TeXbook. Unfortunately, a blank may still be needed to form
a readable message and so some other character (for example, "*") needs
to stand in for the blank as shown in the example below.

Kent Eschenberg
BITnet Address KEE@PSUARLC
Applied Research Laboratory, Penn State University, State College, PA

%%%%  Begin macro definitions

\catcode`\ =9    % Ignore blanks so they don't get into macros
\catcode`\*=10   % Use asterisk when really need a blank
\endlinechar=-1  % Don't put blank at end of line

etc

\def\toobig#1{ \ifnum #1 > 1\relax \message{ The*number*is*too*big. } \fi}

etc

\catcode`\ =10      % Restore blank
\catcode`\*=11      % Restore asterisk
\endlinechar=`\~~M  % Restore automatic blank at end of line

%%%%  End macro definitions

------------------------------

Date: FRI SEP 23, 1988 20.33.37
From: INHB%MCGILLC.BITNET@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU
Subject: LaTeX bug

It seems unbelievable that no one has discovered this LaTeX bug before.
I am doing a book in LaTeX, using a modification of the book.sty file.
I am using a modification of the headings style (modified only to use
lower case italics, instead of Roman caps).  This puts the chapter
number and name on the left hand header and the section number and name
on the right.  Well, the inevitable happened and a section ended at the
bottom of a right hand page.  The header on that page printed the
correct name, but the number was that of the next section!  I mad an
ad hoc fix by copying from latex.tex and modifying as shown:
\def\@sect#1#2#3#4#5#6[#7]#8{\ifnum #2>\c@secnumdepth
     \def\@svsec{}\else
     \refstepcounter{#1}\edef\@svsec{\csname the#1\endcsname\hskip.5em }\fi
     \@tempskipa #5\relax
      \ifdim \@tempskipa>\z@
        \begingroup #6\relax
          \@hangfrom{\hskip #3\relax\@svsec}{\interlinepenalty \@M #8\par}
        \endgroup
       \ifnum#2=1 \sectionmark{\thesection\ #7}\else %line added to fix
                                                   %bug, but just ad hoc
       \csname #1mark\endcsname{#7}\fi\addcontentsline%%%% added \fi
         {toc}{#1}{\ifnum #2>\c@secnumdepth \else
                      \protect\numberline{\csname the#1\endcsname}\fi
                    #7}\else
        \def\@svsechd{#6\hskip #3\@svsec #8\csname #1mark\endcsname
                      {#7}\addcontentsline
                       #7}}\fi
     \@xsect{#5}}
Does anyone have a real fix?

The eagle-eyed reader will have noticed another minor modification.  My
publisher insisted on only an en-space separating the section number
from the name.  In LaTeX, this is hard wired, one of the few LaTeX
parameters that is, and the length .5em on the third line of the
procedure is 1em in the original.  It shows that one should never
hard-code these dimensions.

------------------------------

Date:     Fri, 23 Sep 88 14:56 EST
From:     <KEE%PSUARLC.BITNET@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU>
Subject:  Macros for Printing Words, Lines and Files Verbatim

There's been a bit of discussion on "verbatim" mode where some or all of
TeX's control and escape characters are treated as normal characters, and a
typewriter font is used. So, perhaps someone might be interested in the
following 4 verbatim commands, derived from Dirty Tricks. About 30+ TeX users
here have had access to these for about a year with no complaints so I guess
that means they've been debugged.

To enter a few words verbatim:  \vb{SYS$LIBRARY:MY_FILE.DAT}
To enter a few lines verbatim:  \vbline{      FUNCTION add(a,b)
                                12345 add = a + b
                                      RETURN
                                      END}
To enter a file verbatim:       \vbfile{my_program.for}
Ditto but with line numbers:    \vbfileno{my_program.for}

Spaces are significant: in the \vbline example, the "\" is assumed to be in
the first column so that the listing is indented 6 columns. Watch out for
that first line if you want it all to line up.

Neither the \vb nor \vbline can handle { } as those continue to be used to
delimit the argument. The \vbfile command, however, can handle { and }.

The \vbfile command throws away any formfeed (control-L) commands.

A different font is used for each of these. Since \vb is typically used here
to insert all-caps computer terms into CMR12 text, we've found that a
10pt typewriter font looks good. On the other hand, \vbline is typically used
to insert a few lines which stand alone and so it stays with a 12pt
typewriter font. The \vbfile and \vbfileno commands are used to list files of
computer code which run up to 80 columns wide and so to fit within the
margins being used (thanks to our graduate school's requirements) these had
to drop down to a 9pt typewriter font. There's also some code that
temporarily changes the \baselineskip in \vbline and \vbfile. You may wish to
adjust some or all of these to suit your needs.

None of this has been tested with LaTeX (real men don't use LaTeX).

Since life is too short to work with densely packed code, the following
macros contain indentations and embedded blanks which might get in to your
output; a subsequent note to TeXhax will show a little trick to avoid this.

And, as noted earlier in TeXhax, two-part commands such as \vb will fail
when used as an argument to other commands; the following seems to work well:

          \newbox\temporary
          \setbox\temporary=\hbox{\vb{SYS$LIBRARY.MY_FILE.DAT}}
          \centerline{\temporary}
          $$ c = a + b \hbox{\quad see \vb{SYS$LIBRARY:MY_FILE.DAT}}$$

Please send or post comments; I'm sure it could be done better. Enjoy!

Kent Eschenberg
BITnet Address KEE@PSUARLC
Applied Research Laboratory, Penn State University, State College, PA

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%  Verbatim Macros  %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\newcount\numbering
\newbox\vbbox
\font\vblargefont=CMTT12
\font\vbmiddlefont=CMTT10
\font\vbsmallfont=CMTT9

%%%%%  Set action to be taken at a quote, end of line, and embedded blank.

{\catcode`\`=13\relax
\gdef\vblquote{\def`{\relax\lq}}}

{\catcode`\~~M=13\relax
\gdef\vbeol{\def~~M{\leavevmode \endgraf}}}

{\catcode`\ =13\relax
\gdef\vbsmallsp{\def {\hskip\the\fontdimen2\vbsmallfont\relax}}}

{\catcode`\ =13\relax
\gdef\vbmiddlesp{\def {\hskip\the\fontdimen2\vbmiddlefont\relax}}}

{\catcode`\ =13\relax
\gdef\vblargesp{\def {\hskip\the\fontdimen2\vblargefont\relax}}}

%%%%%  Adjust character categories of all special characters except { and }

\def\vbcatcodes{\catcode`\~~M=13\relax  \catcode`\\=12\relax
                \catcode`\ =13\relax    \catcode`\$=12\relax
                \catcode`\`=13\relax    \catcode`\&=12\relax
                \catcode`\~~L=9\relax   \catcode`\#=12\relax
                \catcode`\~=12\relax    \catcode`\_=12\relax
                \catcode`\c=12\relax    \catcode`\%=12\relax}

%%%%%  Adjust character categories of { and }

\def\vbbraces{\catcode`\{=12\relax \catcode`\}=12\relax}

%%%%% Show a Few Words Verbatim

\def\vb{
   \begingroup
      \vbcatcodes
      \vblquote
      \vbmiddlesp
      \vbmiddlefont
      \vbaction
}

\def\vbaction#1{ #1 \endgroup }

%%%%%  Show a Few Lines Verbatim

\def\vbline{
   \begingroup
      \vbcatcodes
      \vblquote
      \vbeol
      \vblargesp
      \vblargefont
      \baselineskip=3ex
      \parindent=0in
      \parskip=0pt
      \vblineaction
}

\long\def\vblineaction#1{
      \global\setbox\vbbox=\vbox{#1}
   \endgroup
   \par
      \noindent\unvbox\vbbox\relax
   \par
}

%%%%%  Show a file verbatim without line numbering

\def\vbfile#1{
   \par
   \begingroup
      \vbcatcodes
      \vbbraces
      \vblquote
      \vbeol
      \vbsmallsp
      \vbsmallfont
      \baselineskip=2.5ex
      \parindent=0in
      \parskip=0pt
      \input#1\relax
   \endgroup
   \par
}

%%%%%  Show a file verbatim with line numbering

\def\vbfileno#1{
   \par
   \begingroup
      \vbcatcodes
      \vbbraces
      \vblquote
      \vbeol
      \vbsmallsp
      \vbsmallfont
      \baselineskip=2.5ex
      \parindent=0in
      \parskip=0pt
      \everypar{
         \advance\numbering by 1
         \rlap{\hbox to 3em{\hfil\the\numbering\quad}}
         \hskip3em
      }
      \numbering=0
      \input#1\relax
   \endgroup
   \par
}

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%  End of Verbatim Macros  %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Sep 88 11:43 PDT
From: DBUERGER%SCU.BITNET@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU
Subject: Looking for LaTeX book.sty w/McGraw-Hill specs

Has anyone modified the LaTeX book.sty and bk10.sty document
style files to conform to McGraw-Hill Professional & Reference
Division's "Type Specifications for Technical and Computer Book
Standard Format" requirements?  I started making the mods, but
thought it might pay to ask :-)

David Buerger
dbuerger@scu.bitnet

%%%
%%%     All others: send mail to
%%%           texhax-request@score.stanford.edu
%%%     please send a valid arpanet address!!
%%%
%%%
%%% All submissions to: texhax@score.stanford.edu
%%%
%%% Back issues available for FTPing as:
%%%          machine:      directory:  filename:
%%%   [SCORE.STANFORD.EDU]<TEX.TEXHAX>TEXHAXnn.yy
%%%      nn = issue number
%%%      yy = last two digits of current year
%%%\bye
%%%

End of TeXhax Digest
-------