[comp.text] ditroff for the Mac?

bobm@agsm.unsw.oz (Robert Marks) (10/13/88)

Is anyone (Elan? SoftQuad?) aware of plans to port ditroff to the
Mac, with its possibility of previewing text?
What about the vi editor?

Robert MARKS, Australian Graduate School of Management, University of
              New South Wales, PO Box 1, Kensington, NSW 2033, Australia.

Phone:  +61 2 662-0271				Fax: +61 2 662-2451
ARPA:   bobm%agsm.unsw.oz.au@uunet.uu.net	ACSnet: bobm@agsm.unsw.oz
CSNET:  bobm%agsm.unsw.oz.au			JANET: agsm.unsw.oz.au!bobm@ukc
BITNET: bobm%agsm.unsw.oz.au%uunet.uu.net@HARVUNXT
BITNET: bobm%agsm.unsw.oz.au%uunet.uu.net@FORSYTHE
UUCP:   {uunet,ukc,mcvax,ubc-cs,nttlab}!munnari!agsm.unsw.oz!bobm

kg@elan.UUCP (Ken Greer) (10/15/88)

From article <616@agsm.unsw.oz>, by bobm@agsm.unsw.oz (Robert Marks):
> Is anyone aware of plans to port ditroff to the Mac,
> with its possibility of previewing text?

Elan has (as of this morning!) Eroff for the Mac.  The previewer
will be available January 1988.
--
Ken Greer
Elan Computer Group, Inc.

dns@sq.uucp (David Slocombe) (10/18/88)

In article <616@agsm.unsw.oz> bobm@agsm.unsw.oz (Robert Marks) writes:
>Is anyone (Elan? SoftQuad?) aware of plans to port ditroff to the
>Mac, with its possibility of previewing text?
>What about the vi editor?

We are proud to say that SoftQuad Publishing Software (a dramatic
enhancement of, but still backward compatible with, DWB2.0) was
one of the very first software products available for Apple's A/UX
on the Mac II, and, in fact, was exhibited at Apple's A/UX launch
at last February's Dallas UNIFORUM and virtually every Apple A/UX
show since then in both North America and Europe.  We started
shipping last April.

Customers appreciate the ability we provide to preview PostScript
output on the Mac II. SoftQuad's Mac II screen previewer requires
NeWS, available from the Grasshopper Group in San Francisco.

David Slocombe				(416) 963-8337
Vice-President, Research & Development  (800) 387-2777 (from U.S. only)
SoftQuad Inc.				uucp: {uunet!attcan!utzoo, utai}!sq!dns
720 Spadina Ave.			Internet: dns@sq.com
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 2T9