Date: Thu, 20 Oct 88 09:13:18 CDT
From: kahn@wucs1.wustl.edu (Michael Kahn)
Subject: BibTex for Mac available

There have been frequent requests for information regarding BibTex for
the Mac.  We have implemented BibTEx 0.99c using the WEB sources from
SCORE and TIm Morgan's WEB2C package.  The program is public domain and
is available in one of three ways (instructions in the README file
included below).  SUMEX is scehduled to be unplugged at the end of
October.  I will then loose access to the only machine that has
anonymous FTP.  Is there anybody out there willing to become the
electronic distributor of bibtex.

For those hardy soles who received the first version of MacBibTeX, I
strongly urge you to get V1.1.  It is less stupid about where to
look for *.bst files.

Michael Kahn
(kahn@wucs1.WUSTL.EDU or (soon to go away)
kahn@sumex-aim.stanford.edu)

-----------------MacBibTex 0.99c V1.1 Readme -----------------------
README file for MacBibTex version 1.1

This is the BibTeX 0.99c Mac Distribution Kit.

Included in this kit are the following:
	BibTeX application for the mac
	Source code for the BibTeX application
 Bibtex 0.99c compatable style files
	ResTools - a resource compiler from Alan Dahlbom
	Prototype Maker - a C function prototype generator from Peter Olson

ResTools is used for compiling the resources used by the Mac application.
Prototype Maker is used for converting new versions of BibTeX to the Mac,
you should not need to use it unless you get a new version of BibTeX for
unix.

PLEASE!!! Do not blame me for the bibtex sources.  I didn't write them.
They came out of Web2C and I got them like that.

BibTeX was written with a virtual memory architecture in mind, it uses
large static arrays to store its data.  These have been made into run
time allocated pointers for the Mac, but they are still static.  As a
result BibTeX will require 700k to run for any sized file.  This means
that it will probably not run under MultiFinder on a 1 meg Mac.

THIS DISTRIBUTION IS ENTIRELY IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN.  We insist that it remains
that way.  This port was derived from public domain software. We started with
Oren Patashnik's BIBTEX.WEB from Stanford and used Tim Morgan's web2c from
UC-Irvine to create the base C code.  We could not have made this port without
their public contributions.

Please make sure you use the 0.99c compatable style files included on this
distribution.  Style files written for 0.98i Bibtex are incompatable and will
result in more errors and you care to count.

MacBibTex works as follows:
(1) Double click the icon
(2) You get dumped directly into a file selection menu showing only
   *.aux files.  BibTex only reads *.aux files, there should be one
   with the same name as your foo.tex file (eg foo.aux or foo.tex.aux)
   You can also move around folders and drives in the usual MAC way.
(3) If all goes well, BibTex quits quietly and dumps you back to the
   desktop w/o saying a word.  The *.bbl and *.blg files have been
   written in the same directory as the *.aux file.  Remember, to
   get all the references properly integrated, you'll need to run
   Latex ->BibTex ->Latex -> Latex.
(4) If there are ANY errors or warnings, you will get a "click here
   to terminate" dialog box.  This allows you to scroll through the
   BibTex output window to look at the errors if you wish.  Even if you
   don't look at the error message there, they are also written in
   the *.blg file that gets written each time BibTex is run.

                                               - jim studt
                                                  jim@wucs1.wustl.edu
                                               - michael kahn
                                                  kahn@wucs1.wustl.edu

Surface Mailing address:  Michael Kahn
                                       Department of Medicine Box 8121
                                       660 S. Euclid Avenue
                                       St. Louis MO 63110

PS: The icon is a stone wheel, not an asprin.

Version 1.1
MacBibTex is smarter in looking for *.bst files.  It follows a convention
similar to Textures 1.01.  To find the *.bst file, MacBibTex looks in
the following locations:
     (1) The current directory (where the *.aux file was located).
     (2) A subdirectory called "BibTex inputs" (upper/lower case sensitive)
        under the folder where the MacBibTex application is located
     (3) A subdirectory called "Tex inputs" under the folder where the
         MacBibTex application is located
     (4) A subdirectory called "BibTex inputs" under the system folder
     (5) A subdirectory called "Tex inputs" inder the system folder

With this search strategy, you can put all standard and personal *.bst files
in a folder either under MacBibTex or in the system folder and MacBibTex wil
find it irrespective of where your *.aux files are located.

The file searching feature is extensible because it has been implemented as
a string resource (STR# resource 130).  Using a tool like Resedit, you can
add or change the names of subdirectories where MacBibTex looks for *.bst files.
In this resource, the number 0 refers to the directory where the *.aux file
was located, the number 1 refers to the directory where MacBibTex lives, and
the number 2 refers to the system folder.

The *.bbl and *.blg files created by MacBibTex will also have the
Creator file attribute set to be the same as the Creator file
attribute of the *.aux file.

Thanks and credits to John Lundell at Stanford for adding these new features.

%%%
%%% And how does one get this version of BiBTeX for the Mac?
%%%

I included the README file to the MacBibTex announcement and not the file
that describes how to get the package.  Enclosed are instructions on
getting MacBibTex.  I'm sorry for my initial error (now you know what
the README file says....)

This is a pre-canned message in response to the many requests we're
getting for our Mac port of BibTex.  We've ported two versions: 0.98i -
the no-longer supported, out-of-date version for those who have too
many bst style files to convert to the new, incompatable 0.99 bst style
format - and 0.99c, the most recent version available from
SCORE.STANFORD.EDU.  The port is derived from public domain software
and so is free except for minimal cost for mailing and media.

Things to know about the ports:
0.98i requires 350K; 0.99c requires 700K.

There are three ways to get the ports.  Please let me know which port
(or both) you want:

(1) The most preferred way is to send me a diskette (one diskette
for each port).  I will send you the application, the proper
bst files (you can't mix bst files from 0.98 and 0.99 bibtexs),
and the source code.
(2) Send me $10.00 and I will do the footwork, get you a disk
and mailer and send you the same stuff as #1.  I prefer the
first choice.
(3) On SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU in <KAHN> there are two files:
bibtex099c11.hqx and bibtex.readme that you can snarf.
This file contains only the 0.99c bibtex application and the
readme file respectively.  No sources, no bst files.
SUMEX is scheduled to be unplugged at the end of October.  At
that time I will loose access to the only machine that has anonymous
FTP.  Anybody willing to act as the electronic distributor?

We've sent EMAIL to info-mac about putting the whole bloody mess
into their library for wider distribtuion and the announcing it
in their bboard.  No word back from them yet though.

Michael Kahn
(kahn@wucs1.wustl.edu or kahn@sumex-aim.stanford.edu)
For choices 1 and 2, my address is:

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 21 Oct 88 13:36:50 EDT
From: "Ralph E. Droms" <droms%regulus.bucknell.edu@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: Possible bug in doublespace.sty

I think I see an unexpected interaction between doublespace.sty and
constructs like {\small foo}.  In particular, the following small
example:

\documentstyle[doublespace]{article}
\begin{document}
This is a test of {\tiny text} and doublespacing. I'm trying things
like {\small UNIX} and also like {\scriptsize foo} to see what gets
extra space and what doesn't.
\end{document}

has extra space inserted in front of "text", "UNIX" and "foo",
compared with the output of the same test file run without the
[doublespace] option.  In fact, this extra space (at least with our
local default parameters) causes the line breaks to differ between the
two tests.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?  Is this a local bug?  Is
there a fix?

- Ralph Droms
  Bucknell University
  Lewisburg, PA 17837

  droms@sol.bucknell.edu
  droms@bknlvms.bitnet
  (717) 524-1145

------------------------------

From: afg@vilya.att.com
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 88 16:34 EDT
Subject: Erratic behavior of Addison-Wesley TeX on PC's

Don Watts recently mentioned that he gets erratic results
running Addison-Wesley Micro Tex on his PC.  I noted a
similar problem running Micro Tex on my 386 based PC
(21 times faster than IBM PC/XT).  When I slowed down my
computer to half-speed, MicroTeX worked fine. I have no
idea what the cause of this problem is.

Arbortext (Ann Arbor, MI) sells an upgraded version of the
Addison-Wesley code.  I bought a copy this week and found
that the problem is gone and TeX runs fine.  Arbortext is
selling the new version for $99 to Addison-Wesley customers.
The price doubles in November, I believe, so act fast.

Andy Goldberg
AT&T Bell Laboratories
afg%vilya@research.att.com

------------------------------

Date:     Fri, 21 Oct 88 20:09 CST
From:     <HANK%AUDUCVAX.BITNET@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU>
Subject:  Re: LaTeX theorem-like environments v88.92

In TeXhax v88 #92, Rodney Topor writes:

     In LaTeX, how is it possible to to define different theorem-like
     environments, some of which use Italic fonts (e.g. for theorems) and
     others of which use Roman fonts (e.g. for definitions and examples),
     and all of which are automatically numbered?
     Rodney Topor, University of Melbourne

One way to do this without going into the LaTeX source file is to define a
newtheorem with a corresponding \newenvironment. This way all the usual
numbering stuff of \newtheorem still works.  The following two examples show
how to get a roman `definition' and a small-caps `lemma'.
%-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
\newtheorem{Definition}{Definition}
\newenvironment{definition}{\let\savit\it%
\def\it{\let\it\savit}\begin{Definition}}{\end{Definition}}

\newtheorem{Lemma}{Lemma}
\newenvironment{lemma}{\let\savit\it%
\def\it{\sc\let\it\savit}\begin{Lemma}}{\end{Lemma}}
%-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use
    \begin{definition} ... \end{definition}
and
    \begin{lemma} ... \end{lemma}

--darrel hankerson (Bitnet: hank@auducvax)

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Oct 88 00:36:51 EDT
From: jonradel%icecream.Princeton.EDU@Princeton.EDU (Jon Radel)
Subject: TeX for MS-DOS vs. PC-DOS (TeXhax93.88)

------------------------------

Date: SAT OCT 22, 1988 17.53.59
From: INHB%MCGILLC.BITNET@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU
Subject: LaTeX problems

In Sept., I asked a question about difficulties with section numbers in
headers using LaTeX.  The problem was my fault; I had modified the
\section definition several months ago and had forgotten.  When I put it
back, the prlblem went away.

The problems I have today are from version 2.10 with absolutely no
modifications to anything.  After having used LaTeX quite successfully
for most of a year, I have on one day discovered three problems.

The first is illustrated by the file:

\documentstyle{article}
\begin{document}
\newcount\v
\v=0
\newcommand{\test}{\ifnum\v=0
$A=0$ \else $A=1$\fi}

\newcommand{\testa}{\advance\v by 1%
\test}
\testa
\end{document}

It ought to print $A=1$ and it actally prints $A=0$.  If the % sign is
removed or if a space is inserted before it, it works correctly.  If
\newcommand{...} is replaced by \def... , the problem persists.  If you
do that and remove the LaTeX begin and end commands, the problem goes
away, so the problem appears specific to LaTeX.

The second and third problems are illustrated by the file (which is a
part of an actual file):

\documentstyle[12pt]{article}
\textwidth6.5in\oddsidemargin0in
\begin{document}
\begin{tabular}{p{3in}p{.5in}p{2.5in}}
\multicolumn{1}{c}{What} && \multicolumn{1}{c}{When} \\ \hline
Advertise in CMS {\em Notes} && May, June/July, Sept., Oct.
 (Aprilc1 deadline for May issue) \\[6pt]
Deadline for applications && January 31 \\[6pt]
Decision by Publication Committee and transmittal to CMS Executive &&
March \\[6pt]
Executive consideration && April \\[6pt]
Board approval && June \\[6pt]
New editors assume duties && January 1
\end{tabular}
\end{document}

The two problems are:
1. The paragraph
May, June/July, Sept., Oct.
 (Aprilc1 deadline for May issue)
comes out formatted as
                                  May,                       June/July,
                                  Sept., Oct. (Aprilc1 deadline for May
                                  issue)
This can be cured by putting ties in as
May,cJune/July,cSept.,cOct.
(Aprilc1 deadline for May issue)
in which case you get
May, June/July, Sept., Oct.
(Aprilc1 deadline for May issue)
as desired.  But why don't you get this spacing automatically?
2. The [6pt] placed after the line
Decision by Publication Committee and transmittal to CMS Executive &&
March \\[6pt]
has no effect.  You have to say [18pt] to get the desired effect.
Clearly the problem is that the first column is the multiline column.
When it was the second line (as in the line from 1.) the [6pt] was added
correctly.

------------------------------

Subject: Request for ctex sources.
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 88 11:14:44 PDT
From: (Lothar Kaul) <kaul@mist.CS.ORST.EDU>

I would like to find out if you have sources for ctex to put on a Tektronix
UTek machine.  They are basically 4.2 machines with a few things missing,
running the Green Hill C compiler.
Thanks.

Lothar Kaul
kaul@orstcs.cs.orst.edu

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 1988 10:05:12 JST
From: Hideki Isozaki <isozaki%expert-sun.ntt.jp@RELAY.CS.NET>
Subject: Re: Extending TeX's alphabet from 128 to 256 characters

In V88 #92, SEFANOS MANGANARIS asked how to extend TeX's alphabet
from 128 to 256 characters.

Such extension was done by Mr. Yasuki Saito
(yaski%ntt-20.ntt.jp@relay.cs.net) for Japanese characters.
(TUGboat Vol.8, No.2, pp.103--116)
Maybe this code will work even for your case.

I hope for driver/tool developers not to restrict
the number of characters to 128
because we have to modify each driver/tool.

Such modification is often non-trivial.

Hideki ISOZAKI
NTT Software Laboratories
Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corp.
isozaki%ntt-20.ntt.jp@relay.cs.net

------------------------------

Date:         Mon, 24 Oct 88 10:09:30 +0100
From:         Francis Borceux  <FBORCEUX%BUCLLN11.BITNET@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU>
Subject:      AMS-fonts in LaTeX

     I am running TeX on my Macintosh II. Since my work contains a lot of
diagrams with arrows in sixteen different directions, I must use LaTeX and
take advantage of the picture environment and the ^vector command. But I
would also like to use the "blackboard bold" fonts provided by AMS-TeX.
Well, I did load them in my TeX-fonts file, but I do not know at all how to
load the corresponding AMS-fonts-metrics ... and LaTeX is complaining it
does not find them. Is there any solution?

------------------------------

Date:		24-OCT-1988 11:55:33 GMT
From:		CHAA006%vaxb.rhbnc.ac.uk@NSS.Cs.Ucl.AC.UK
Subject:        Addison-Wesley's Micro-TeX

Don Watts asked about Addison-Wesley's Micro-TeX, particularly with
reference to its use under MS-DOS as opposed to PC-DOS).  I have been
using V1.5a for a considerable period of time under MS-DOS 3.2 on
a 10MHz AT-clone, and have experienced no problems whatsoever; so far as
I can tell, there is only one version, since at the time of placing
the order no alternatives were offered.  I am extremely satisfied with
its performance.  Although it is no longer marketed by A-W, I understand
that TUG are hoping to announce it as a product in the near future.

					** Phil.

%%%
%%% Didn't MicroTeX wander over into ArborText land??? Malcolm
%%%

------------------------------

Date:		24-OCT-1988 12:00:24 GMT
From:		CHAA006%vaxb.rhbnc.ac.uk@NSS.Cs.Ucl.AC.UK
Subject:        IPA fonts for TeX

Malcolm Taylor asked about IPA fonts for TeX.  I have recently
received the Washington State University IPA fonts from
Dean Guenther, and am very satisfied with them.  They come
as standard at 9, 10, 11 and 12 point design-sizes, and at
\magstep0 only.  Other magnifications are available for a small
fee, and user-provided {\it mode_def}s can be specified.
Doubtless Dean will provide a fuller announcement, but I
thought a satisfied user should say something.

					** Phil.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 88 16:18:41 EDT
From: Andrew Arensburger <arensb@cvl.umd.edu>
Subject: Bilingual poems / Poemes bilingues

	Every so often, I'd like to typeset a poem/song lyrics, using
TeX or LaTeX, in two languages in the following format:

                           STUPID POEM

         Mary had a little lamb  Marie avait un petit agneau
    Its sheep was white as snow  Dont la laine etait aussi blanche
                                 que de la neige
 This line is really long so it  Cette ligne est longue
   overflows into the next line
   And it doesn't rhyme either.  Et elle rime pas non plus.

	Corresponding lines should match up, as in the above examples,
so that if the French translation takes up two lines, the English version
should skip a line, and vice-versa.
	I'd like to write a macro that either:

	- Takes two arguments: \dualpoem{<English line>}{<French line>}
and formats them correctly, or preferably
	- Takes two arguments: \dualpoem{<English text>}{<French text>}
where the lines are separated either by <CR>s or by <CR><CR>s, and the
macro chops each text into lines and formats them correctly.

	Any help will be very much appreciated,
						/AA/

------------------------------

Date: 24 Oct 88 12:17 -0700
From: Rick Morrison <morrison@cs.ubc.ca>
Subject: Default Filename Gotcha

I have just discovered (the hard way) a nasty feature of TeX's filename
input procedure. When running LaTeX on a file containing \include{}s,
if the file specification contains directory references that are
invalid wrt the current directory, TeX prompts for a new filename. If
the .aux extension is not provided, TeX assumes that .tex is intended
and writes (possibly overwrites) the corresponding .tex file with its .aux
data. I would suggest that the reasonable default behaviour is to
use the extension that TeX requires in the particular context, and to
_never_ overwrite a .tex file. Better yet, eliminate default behaviour of
this sort entirely.
Rick Morrison		 | {alberta,uw-beaver,uunet}!
			 |  ubc-vision!ubc-csgrads!morrison
Dept. of Computer Science| morrison@cs.ubc.ca
Univ. of British Columbia| morrison%ubc.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1W5  | morrison@ubc.csnet (ubc-csgrads=128.189.97.20)
(604) 228-4327

------------------------------

Subject: Re: Font attributes (Re: TeXhax Digest V88 #88 (LaTeX notes))
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 88 18:06:52 -0400
From: Ken Yap <ken@cs.rochester.edu>

> But even when the fonts exist LaTeX's behavior is non-intuitive.  E.g., if
> I'm in \tt and I do a \large, I expect to get large typewriter font.
> Instead, I get large roman.  However, the large typewriter font does exist,
> as can be verified by typing another \tt after going into \large.

Yes, I got caught by size changes going back to roman but since it is
documented, I suspect that Lamport will never agree to change it and
the best thing to do is to invent new macros that will do the right
thing. Only a few days of lfonts.tex hacking. :-)

	Ken

------------------------------

From: chase@orc.olivetti.com (David Chase)
Subject: re: Flow charts in LaTeX
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 88 15:34:42 -0700

Here is a tool that might be useful; you can use it to get lines
which bend (90 degrees) ending in arrows, and you can study it (ha ha)
to figure out how it might be extended to do a flow chart.
It is included within a program to test demonstrate it.  It uses only
the LaTeX picture macros for graphics.

Note the use of dirty tricks to turn points into dimensionless
numbers.  There may be a better way, but I couldn't find it.  My
difficulties with this lead me to believe that either
(1) TeX should really provide dimensionless real numbers
or
(2) Maybe LaTeX should use real lengths instead of dimensionless
numbers in the picture environment.  I might get tired of always
attaching a dimension to things, but it would be LOTS easier to write
interesting macros.

If anyone can point out to me an easier way to do this, I'd be happy
to hear it.  People on TeXhax tried to help me a couple of years ago
with this, but nothing seemed to work.

\documentstyle{article}
\begin{document}
%---------------- BEGINNING OF MACROS  ----------------
% First, a dirty trick

{\catcode`p=12 \catcode`t=12 \gdef\bogusmacro#1pt{#1}}
\let\getfactor=\bogusmacro
\def\unpt#1{\expandafter\getfactor\the#1}

% A macro to get us out of the iteration.

\def\gobbleemup#1,#2,#3,{}

% TWAI does all the work, and could probably be rewritten
% to be much prettier.

\def\twai#1,#2,#3,#4,#5,{
%	\typeout{Twisty arrow increment of |#1| |#2| |#3| |#4| |#5|}

% Turn parameters into PT quantities so we can do simple arithmetic.
	\xco#1pt\relax
	\yco#2pt\relax
	\len#4pt\relax
	\advance\len -\firstshrink\relax
% We get \taoval dynamically from our caller
	\def\firstshrink{\taoval pt}\relax
% Set things up for selection and iteration
	\let\drawcommand=\line
	\def\this{#3}
	\def\xvec{0}
	\def\yvec{0}
	\let\next=\twai
% Figure out which way we're going now
	\if\this\uu
		\addtolength{\yloc}{\len}
		\def\yvec{1}
		\corner=0
		\else
	\if\this\dd
		\addtolength{\yloc}{-\len}
		\def\yvec{-1}
		\corner=1
		\else
	\if\this\ll
		\addtolength{\xloc}{-\len}
		\def\xvec{-1}
		\corner=0
		\else
	\if\this\rr
		\addtolength{\xloc}{\len}
		\def\xvec{1}
		\corner=2
		\else
	\if\this\ee
		\relax
		\else
		\typeout{Twisty Arrow Increment--arg 2 (\this) not one of {udlre}}
	\fi\fi\fi\fi\fi
        \if#5\ee
%		\typeout{Ending vector}
		\let\drawcommand=\twaiend
		\advance\len\tarad
	\fi
%        \typeout{New XL \unpt\xloc\space YL \unpt\yloc}
% Here we emit the line or ending command
	\put(\unpt\xco,\unpt\yco){\drawcommand(\xvec,\yvec){\unpt\len}}
	% Figure out the next line
	\if#5\uu
		\advance\yloc \tarad
		\advance\corner 1
		\else
	\if#5\dd
		\advance\yloc -\tarad
		\advance\corner 0
		\else
	\if#5\ll
		\advance\xloc -\tarad
		\advance\corner 2
		\else
	\if#5\rr
		\advance\xloc \tarad
		\advance\corner 0
		\else
	\if#5\ee
		\let\next=\gobbleemup
                \corner=4
		\else
	typeout{Twisty Arrow Increment--arg 5 (#5) not one of {udlre}}
	\fi\fi\fi\fi\fi
%       \typeout{Corner center XL \unpt\xloc\space YL \unpt\yloc}
	\ifcase\corner
		% case 0 TL
		\put(\unpt\xloc,\unpt\yloc){\oval(\taoval,\taoval)[tl]}
		\or
		% case 1 BL
		\put(\unpt\xloc,\unpt\yloc){\oval(\taoval,\taoval)[bl]}
		\or
		% case 2 TR
		\put(\unpt\xloc,\unpt\yloc){\oval(\taoval,\taoval)[tr]}
		\or
		% case 3 BR
		\put(\unpt\xloc,\unpt\yloc){\oval(\taoval,\taoval)[br]}
		\or
		% case 4 END
		\relax
		\fi
	\advance\xloc \xvec\tarad
	\advance\yloc \yvec\tarad
%        \typeout{Final XL \unpt\xloc\space YL \unpt\yloc}
% iterate or finish, depending upon value of 'next'
	\next\unpt\xloc,\unpt\yloc,#5,
	}
\def\twistyarrowgen(#1,#2,#3,#4)#5{{
	\def\uu{u}
	\def\dd{d}
	\def\ll{l}
	\def\rr{r}
	\def\ee{e}
	\countdef\corner=255
	\newskip{\xco}\newskip{\yco}\newskip{\len}
	\newskip{\xloc}\newskip{\yloc}
	\newskip{\tarad}\setlength{\tarad}{#3pt}
	\newskip{\dummylen}
	\let\twaiend=#4
	\setlength{\dummylen}{\tarad}
	\advance\dummylen \dummylen
	\def\taoval{\unpt\dummylen}
	\setlength{\xloc}{#1pt}\setlength{\yloc}{#2pt}
	\def\firstshrink{\tarad}\relax
	\twai #1,#2,#5,e,}}
%
\def\twistyarrow(#1,#2){\twistyarrowgen(#1,#2,2,\vector)}
\def\twistyarrowrad(#1,#2,#3){\twistyarrowgen(#1,#2,#3,\vector)}
%----------------  END OF MACROS ----------------
\unitlength=.1in
\begin{center}
\begin{picture}(30,30)
\twistyarrowrad(0,0,1){%
u,11,r,11,d,10,l,10,%
u,11,r,11,d,10,l,10,%
u,11,r,11,d,10,l,10,%
u,11,r,11,d,10,l,10,%
u,11,r,11,d,10,l,10,%
u,11,r,11,d,10,l,10,%
u,11,r,11,d,10,l,10,%
u,11,r,11,d,10,l,10,%
u,11,r,11,d,10,l,10,%
u,11,r,11,d,10,l,10,%
u,11,r,11,d,10,l,10,%
u,11,r,11,d,10,l,10,%
u,11,r,11,d,10,l,10,%
u,11,r,11,d,10,l,10,%
u,11,r,11,d,10,l,10,%
u,11,r,11,d,10,l,10,%
u,11,r,11,d,10,l,10,%
u,11,r,11,d,10,l,10,%
u,11}
\end{picture}
\end{center}
\end{document}

David Chase
Olivetti Research Center

%%%
%%%     All others: send mail to
%%%           texhax-request@score.stanford.edu
%%%     please send a valid arpanet address!!
%%%
%%%
%%% All submissions to: texhax@score.stanford.edu
%%%
%%% Back issues available for FTPing as:
%%%          machine:      directory:  filename:
%%%   [SCORE.STANFORD.EDU]<TEX.TEXHAX>TEXHAXnn.yy
%%%      nn = issue number
%%%      yy = last two digits of current year
%%%\bye
%%%

End of TeXhax Digest
-------