[comp.text] word-processing for movie scripts

jpr@dasys1.UUCP (Jean-Pierre Radley) (10/28/88)

A friend claims he once heard or read of word-processing software which is
particularly suited to the usual format of stage and screen scripts. Does
anyone know of such a product?

[ The correct(!) approach is being taken here, first find the software for
the job at hand, then look for hardware that runs that software. ]
--

Time is nature's way of				Jean-Pierre Radley
making sure that everything			jpr@dasys1.UUCP

daveb@gonzo.UUCP (Dave Brower) (10/29/88)

In article <7248@dasys1.UUCP> jpr@dasys1.UUCP (Jean-Pierre Radley) writes:
>A friend claims he once heard or read of word-processing software which is
>particularly suited to the usual format of stage and screen scripts. Does
>anyone know of such a product?
>
>[ The correct(!) approach is being taken here, first find the software for
>the job at hand, then look for hardware that runs that software. ]

It's called Scriptor, unfortunately the company escapes me (Screenplay
systems?).  It is very nearly the universal choice, and was written by
some very bright guys.  I had written the skeleton of such a thing back
in '83, and when I saw what they had done I just gave up.

-dB