[comp.text] Broadside Figures in LaTeX

brown@hpccc.HP.COM (Jeffrey L. Brown) (10/27/88)

Does anybody have a magic 'incantation' I can 'sprinkle' on a LaTeX document
which will let me rotate a figure (or table, but figure is more important) by
90 degrees?  The 'technical' term is broadside figure, and my thesis editor
wants a couple of figs rotated to broadside on a page.  I would really rather
not cut and paste.... :-)

Jeff Brown
Hewlett Packard Corporate Computing Center
brown%hpccc@hplabs.hp.com

schultz@mmm.UUCP (John C Schultz) (10/31/88)

In article <5850001@hpccc.HP.COM> brown@hpccc.HP.COM (Jeffrey L. Brown) writes:

>Does anybody have a magic 'incantation' I can 'sprinkle' on a LaTeX document
>which will let me rotate a figure (or table, but figure is more important) by
>90 degrees?  The 'technical' term is broadside figure, and my thesis editor
>wants a couple of figs rotated to broadside on a page.  I would really rather
>not cut and paste.... :-)

Well...  I have not tried this with LaTeX figures but it "should" work
if you are using a Postscript output device.  Just go in and twiddle
with the Postscript code to rotate the picture by 90 degrees.  You
will probably need a Postscript manual (or a PS guru) but assuming
that you set up LaTeX to allocate the correct amount of space,
everything should be OK.

Let us know if it works (and how you did it).--
   john c. schultz         schultz@mmm.3m.UUCP          (612) 733-4047
           3M Center, Bldg 518-1-1, St. Paul, MN 55144-1000
  The opinions expressed herein are, as always, my own and not 3M's.