[comp.text] looking for errata on article of Knuth

frans@cs.vu.nl (Frans Heeman) (11/14/88)

I'm looking for a list of ERRATA on the article:

	"Breaking Paragraphs into Lines",
	by D. E. Knuth, in 'Software - Practice & Experience',
	vol 11 (11), pp 1119-1184.

I remember seeing a reference to such a list, but I can't find that
reference nor the list itself.

The book "TEX: the Program" by D. E. Knuth (1986), contains the next
reference:
	"The Errors of TEX",
	by D. E. Knuth, in Software - Practice & Experience',
	to appear.
	~~~~~~~~~

I've looked through all the issues of 'Software - P & E' since 1981,
but didn't see such an article.

Any help is welcome.

weening@Gang-of-Four.Stanford.EDU (Joe Weening) (11/16/88)

In article <1654@kano.cs.vu.nl>, frans@cs (Frans Heeman) writes:
>The book "TEX: the Program" by D. E. Knuth (1986), contains the next
>reference:
>	"The Errors of TEX",
>	by D. E. Knuth, in Software - Practice & Experience',
>	to appear.
>	~~~~~~~~~
>
>I've looked through all the issues of 'Software - P & E' since 1981,
>but didn't see such an article.

It has just been published as a Stanford C.S. tech report and I think
will soon appear in SP&E.  If you would like the tech report version,
send a request for report STAN-CS-88-1223, "The Errors of TeX", to:

    Publications
    Computer Science Department
    Stanford University
    Stanford, CA 94305

I'm told the cost is $10, payable to Stanford University (prepayment
required, California residents must add sales tax).  Postage is no
additional charge, even overseas.  It is 75 pages long.  Sorry I can't
answer your other question about errata on the previous SP&E article.
--
Joe Weening                                Computer Science Dept.
weening@Gang-of-Four.Stanford.EDU          Stanford University