[comp.text] Interleaf user interface Was: FrameMaker warning.

hds@io.UUCP (H.David Scarbro x6608) (12/03/88)

In article <2710@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu>, richard@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Richard Foulk) writes:
> I've been evaluating WYSIWYG packages for the Sun lately.  So
> far I've looked at Interleaf and FrameMaker.  Interleaf has
> such a horrendous user interface, and FrameMaker is so much
> more friendly that I was becoming pretty sold on it.

I am in the engineering development group at Interleaf.  Naturally, it is
painful to see a blanket dismissal of our product like this, especially since
we've worked so hard to develop a good user interface--and it's been pretty
widely recognized as one of the best.  (E.g., PC Magazine last month said it
makes MS Windows seems "stumblingly awkward by comparison.")

We're always interested in getting feedback about our products (especially
criticism). The follow email address can be used for this purpose:

    UUCP: ..!{sun!sunne,mit-eddie}!ileaf!leafmail-misc
    Internet: leafmail-misc@ileaf.com

Questions about Interleaf products can also be sent to this address.

I hope that Richard will take the time to mail his comments either to this
address or directly to me.

----
David Scarbro                          UUCP: ..!{sun!sunne,mit-eddie}!ileaf!hds
Interleaf, Inc.                        Internet: hds@ileaf.com
10 Canal Park, Cambridge, MA 02141     Phone: (617)577-9800 x6608