[comp.text] Alis

jim@applix.UUCP (Jim Morton) (12/06/88)

In article <2710@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu>, richard@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Richard Foulk) writes:
> I've been evaluating WYSIWYG packages for the Sun lately.  So
> far I've looked at Interleaf and FrameMaker.  Interleaf has
> such a horrendous user interface, and FrameMaker is so much
> more friendly that I was becoming pretty sold on it.
>
> FrameMaker has an internal precision of less than 100 dots
> per inch!  So, although it has the tools to edit graphics

=> p.s.  Does anyone know anything about a package called Alis?

Regarding our product, Alis, I won't get too commercial here (I think
the Interleaf people have done a pretty good job of trying to stay
non-commercial) but we do have an internal resolution of 1000 dpi,
and for all the people asking about the HP9000/3XX, Alis runs on
those too, as well as many other machines. As they say, "We're on the
Net", feel free to mail for more info.

--
Jim Morton, APPLiX Inc., 112 Turnpike Rd., Westboro, MA 01581
UUCP: ...harvard!m2c!applix!jim