[comp.text] TeXhax Digest V88 #108

TeXhax@cs.washington.edu (TeXhax Digest) (12/20/88)

TeXhax Digest    Thursday,  December 15, 1988  Volume 88 : Issue 108

Moderators: Tiina Modisett and Pierre MacKay

%%% The TeXhax digest is brought to you as a service of the TeX Users Group %%%
%%%       in cooperation with the UnixTeX distribution service at the       %%%
%%%                      University of Washington                           %%%

Today's Topics:

           Out of contact with <ccc032u%aucc1@relay.cs.net>
                     Mode_def's -- where are they?
                          dvi2ps Source Code
                      a simple class of \specials
       Needed: WEB source for TeX and Pascal source for Tangle
                  Re: WEB differences -> change-file ?
                   Difficulties with the \lr switch
        Needed: LaTeX style file/macros to give manual page output
                         Change Bars in LaTeX
       Plain TeX: avoiding avoidable page breaks in sections of text
              Re: \hbox causes a break (TeXhax #104)
        Combining ... METAFONT and Postscript (TeXhax #104)
       Re: Combining the functions of METAFONT and Postscript
                  Typesetting queries (Texhax #104)
                     Fancy capitals (TeXhax #104)
               Problem with rho in Levy's Greek fonts
                 Re: Structured TeX Macro Programming
                       LaTeX style like AmSTeX
                             PiCTeX bug

Date: Thu, 8 Dec 88 09:46 GMT
From: Peter Flynn UCC <CBTS8001%IRUCCVAX.UCC.IE@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: Out of contact with <ccc032u%aucc1@relay.cs.net>

I have been unable to mail <ccc032u%aucc1@relay.cs.net> (my mail gets
returned saying no such site exists). This user was asking me about the SGML
to LaTeX converter. Several people have asked, so here is the info once again:

Product is called DAPHNE, from the DFN (Deutsche Forschungsnetz --- German
Research Network), Berlin. Contact Gerrit Henken for more details at
<henken@zpl.dfn.dbp.de>. The system is available (this is from memory) for
VM and VMS plus some other o/s's

Could <ccc032u%aucc1@relay.cs.net> contact me again with a reachable address
so I can reply to his/her other queries.

...Peter Flynn

Date: 03 Dec 88  23:40:10 gmt
From: mcvax!ed.ac.uk!G.Toal@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: Mode_def's -- where are they?
Keywords mode_def

I'm currently looking for a mode_def for an AST Turbolaser, which --
from the output -- I suspect is a write-white engine.  The salesman
suggested it was a diabolo engine !??? [I didn't know they made lasers?]

Anyway, while searching the UK Aston archive for ANY mode defs, I realised
that there doesn't appear to be a single reference collection.  If there
is, could someone tell me (and the net) where to look?  If there isn't,
I'll take on the job of collecting them by mail and passing on the unique
ones to Peter Abbott at Aston.   US readers could slave a copy from there
once done.  [Peter, could you create a [PUBLIC.MFFILES.MODEDEFS] please?]

Graham.
(gtoal@uk.ac.ed -- see your mail guru for a routing, but try REPLY first)

Date: Wed, 7 Dec 88 07:36:47 EST
From: russ%yummy@gateway.mitre.org
Subject: dvi2ps Source Code

	I'm in search of dvi2ps source code. Our version of dvi2ps cannot
	print in landscape mode and we only have executables. If anyone
	can either mail me a copy or point me toward an anonymous ftp site
	I would very much appreciate it.

	Thanks, Russ.

ARPA: russ%yummy@gateway.mitre.org

Russell Leighton
MITRE Signal Processing Lab
7525 Colshire Dr.
McLean, Va. 22102
USA

Date: Wed, 7 Dec 88 17:17:16 PST
From: mackay (Pierre MacKay)
Subject: a simple class of \specials

Over the past few years there have been several attempts to unify the
approach to specials, but a quick review of the DVIware on the Unix
TeX distribution indicates that they tend still to be essentially
printer-dependent, with some more generalized graphics formats which
are not, unfortunately, shared across many different examples of
DVIware.

Here is a very simple style which I have found it valuable to put into
a new driver being written in WEB (announcement deferred for the
present).  It depends on the general observation that an increasing
number of operating systems offer the possibility of capturing the
content of a command line, and processing options which can be
recognized by some sort of flag character ( - in Unix, / in VMS, to
mention the ones I can think of).  I have found that a number of
features which are appropriate for the beginning of a file may also be
reset at the beginning of a page, and the most efficient way of
resetting those features is to use the same subroutine for both the
command-line option and the special.  I thought at first of using
exactly the form of the command-line option, but that imposes an
unnecessary system-dependency.

How about this?

Let # stand for the flag character (including the case of no flag character
at all).

Then, if the operating system permits

dvi2whatsit #someswitch #someattribute=somevalue #someother=vx,yetmore=vy

the specials read {option=someswitch} {option=someattribute=somevalue}
                  {option=someother=vx,yetmore=vy}

The string "option=" replaces the flag character or the null character,
depending on the requirements of the operating system.

I realize that not all systems permit command-line options, and some
that do make it very difficult to capture the text of the command line
and process it explicitly within the program, but I suspect that in
the future this sort of command line will become more, rather than
less common.  There is, in fact, no reason to avoid this style in
cases where command-line options are impossible.  It can be a
surrogate for command-line options.

I have the feeling that someone has probably done this already, but
it does not seem to be a feature of any of the drivers that are immediately
accessible to me.  It is not a mechanism that one wants to overload
with choices, any more than one wants to overload the command line
with options.  1024 character command lines are very hard to type accurately.

The mechanism certainly fits my own environment, and will definitely
become a part of the current driver WEB.  It seems to be possible
to make it a general habit.  I would appreciate comments or suggestions.

Email:  mackay@june.cs.washington.edu		Pierre A. MacKay
Smail:  Northwest Computer Support Center	TUG Site Coordinator for
	Lewis Hall, Mail Stop DW10		Unix-flavored TeX
	University of Washington
	Seattle, WA 98195
	(206) 543-6259

Date:     Thu, 8 Dec 88 20:12 EST
From: <DVTUG%VUVAXCOM.BITNET@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: Needed: WEB source for TeX and Pascal source for Tangle

What is the correct procedure for obtaining the WEB source for TeX and the
Pascal source for Tangle?  I need these to port to a Cyber 930 running NOS/VE.
Is there anybody out there doing TeX on such a system?

David Walls\ Widener University\ 17th & Melrose Sts.\ Chester, PA  19013
(215)499-1045

Date: Sat, 3 Dec 88 17:47:52 EST
From: nr@Princeton.EDU (Norman Ramsey)
Subject: Re: WEB differences -> change-file ?

I think that Charlie Mills at Odyssey Research has a utility that, given
two versions of a WEB file, will produce the appropriate change file. His
email address is fred%oravax.uucp@cu-arpa.cs.cornell.edu, or just
fred@oravax.uucp

Norman Ramsey
nr@princeton.edu

Date: 3-DEC-1988 15:41:40 GMT
From: STEPHEN@VAX.OXFORD.AC.UK
Subject: Difficulties with the \lr switch

Dear TeXies,

I'm trying to make use of the \lr switch described in The TeXBook
(p.257) using the following code:

\newdimen\fullhsize
\fullhsize=6.5in \hsize=3.2in
\def\fullline{\hbox to \fullhsize}

\def\makeheadline
{\vbox to 0pt{\vskip-22.5pt
\fullline{\vbox to8.5pt{}\the\headline}\vss}
\nointerlineskip}

\def\makefootline
{\baselineskip=24pt
\fullline{\the\footline}}

\let\lr=L \newbox\leftcolumn
\output={\if L\lr
    \global\setbox\leftcolumn=\columnbox \global\let\lr=R
 \else \doubleformat \global\let\lr=L\fi
 \ifnum\outputpenalty>-20000 \else\dosupereject\fi}
\def\doubleformat{\shipout\vbox{\makeheadline
    \fullline{\box\leftcolumn\hfil\columnbox}
    \makefootline}
 \advancepageno}
\def\columnbox{\leftline{\pagebody}}

\supereject
\if R\lr \null\vfill\eject\fi

It runs okay *but* in my output a capital L appears at the start of the
text.  (I've copied the code down onto a Mac and used TeXtures and had
the same result.)  What's going wrong?

stephen miller
oxford university computing service

stephen@uk.ac.oxford.vax (janet)

Date: Thu, 8 Dec 88 05:25 EDT
From: Paul Davis <davis%mauve.sdr.slb.com@RELAY.CS.NET>
Subject: Needed: LaTeX style file/macros to give manual page output

Does anyone have a LaTeX style file or group of macros to give Unix
manual page output ? I know its not difficult to do, but there's no
point reinventing the wheel ...

thanks Paul

Snail: PO Box 153, Cambridge CB3 0HG, England
Phone: [+44] (0) 223 325282
Memo: To shatter tradition makes us *feel* free...

Date: Sun, 4 Dec 88 07:59:12 EST
From: Mark W. Eichin <eichin@ATHENA.MIT.EDU>
Subject: Change Bars in LaTeX

Does anyone have a way of doing change bars in LaTeX? By change bars,
I mean some pair of commands (\cbon, \cboff) which mark the beginning
and ending of a changed region. The typeset result would be a black
bar in the outer margin encompassing the range of lines that are
changed.

Problems I see as ``difficult'':
 -- How to avoid changing the typesetting (paragraph breaking,
specifically) with the marker commands. Doing this in a way that makes
each changed region a paragraph is easy, and not what I want.
 -- handling overlap (where a change ends and another begins on the
same line. nesting is not necessary.)
 -- handling page breaks (though this isn't as important)
 -- keeping this portable (a \special is inappropriate.)

				Mark Eichin
			<eichin@athena.mit.edu>
		SIPB Member & Project Athena ``Watchmaker''

Date: 8-DEC-1988 17:29:45 GMT
From: CHAA006%vaxb.rhbnc.ac.uk@NSS.Cs.Ucl.AC.UK
Subject: Plain TeX: avoiding avoidable page breaks in sections of text.

There are many occasions when one has a section of text which it would be
highly desirable to avoid splitting between pages --- itemised lists, for
example;  however, such lists can obviously exceed the height of a page,
and in those circumstances would have to be split.  What I am looking for
is a pair of macros --- \beginunit and \endunit, for example --- which
would convey to TeX the following idea:

	IF the enclosed text (between the \beginunit and \endunit)
	will fit in the space remaining on the current page (preferably
	allowing for insertions),

	THEN place it on the current page;

	ELSE IF it is less than one page in height, place it on the
	preferably putting in any outstanding insertions that will fit)

	ELSE (i.e. it exceeds one page in height) start it on this
	page, break it at or near the bottom [1], and place the remainder
	on subsequent pages as appropriate.

	FI

Notes: [1] In the case of a list, it is desirable that TeX should take
essential page breaks between list items, rather than within an item, but
in essence this is a recursive application of the above, since a single
item could potentially exceed a single page; a recursive solution is
therefore extremely desirable.

I have a solution which {\it appears} to work for text set \raggedbottom
(and which contains no insertions --- it may well work with insertions,
but I haven't tried it), but which produces bad page-breaks when set without
\raggedbottom; the definitions are:

	\beginunit -> \par \vfil \penalty -200 \vfilneg % =\filbreak
	\endunit -> \par \vfil \penalty 0 \vfilneg

I would be extremely grateful for any more robust (and elegant ?) solutions.

						** Phil.

Date: Mon Dec  5 17:23:45 MET 1988
From: XITIJSCH%DDATHD21.BITNET@uwavm.acs.washington.edu
Subject: Re: \hbox causes a break (TeXhax #104)

Peter asks in TeXhax #104 why his macro

        \def\x #1: {\par\hbox to1in{{\bf #1:}\hfil}\quad}

causes a break at the \hbox. The answer is that this macro
{\it doesn't\/} cause a break. After the \par TeX is in vertical
mode, it will put the hbox to the current vertical list and
start a new paragraph with the \quad. The solution is to
insert \leavevmode before the \hbox.

But don't panic: WEBMAC.TEX (of Don Knuth) has a dozen of such
minor bugs, e.g., every paragraph which is started with an identifier
(`|id|') will result in a similar behaviour because identifiers
are set as \hbox'es.

                Greetings  --  Joachim

   TH Darmstadt
   Institut f\"ur Theoretische Informatik
   Joachim Schrod
   Alexanderstr. 10            Bitnet: XITIJSCH@DDATHD21
                                  (Please try again if I don't answer ---
   D-6100 Darmstadt               our Bitnet connection is very instable...)
   West Germany

Date: Fri, 9 Dec 88 00:20:14 PST
From: mackay (Pierre MacKay)
Subject: Combining ... METAFONT and Postscript (TeXhax #104)

It may actually be done fairly soon (no--not by me, and not here) and
there are some aspects of the idea that sound attractive.  It would not
be necessary to reduce one's set of Postscript descriptions to a
single unsized CMR, one could make up separate CMR5 and CMR10, and
for things like drop initials it might be nice to have the freedom to
scale to arbitrary sizes.  (you can now, of course, but only at the
price of some hassle.)   Over a limited range, I would cheerfully
use such outlines in the way I now use magnifications.  Especially
for global magnifications to values like 1.315 for subsequent
reduction.

But there is yet another caution to be added to those suggested by
David Rogers.  At some point even an outline has to decide on which side
of a resolution pixel it is going to fall.  Take a look at the upright of the
lower case h in Computer Modern Roman (Volume E).  It takes a very
high resolution to get the fine adjustment that differentiates the
stem-width above and below the attachment of the curve.  Above a certain
resolution it is possible to maintain that distinction;  below that
threshold it is necessarily lost.  It will be interesting to see
at what resolution a postscript outline is to be taken, and whether
this sort of fine detail can be preserved.  An outline that is aimed
at storage efficiency for a 300dpi device will not be able to restore
such features at 1200+dpi.   I wait with considerable interest to see
how well any marrying of PostScript outlines to METAFONT output deals
with these details, and other interesting last minute rasterization
adjustments like ink traps.

Date: Fri,  9 Dec 88 12:38:16 CST
From: William LeFebvre <phil@rice.edu>
Subject:  Re: Combining the functions of METAFONT and Postscript

> PostScript uses linear scaling. Proper fonts DO NOT scale linearly --
> they scale nonlinearly. Linear scaling is one of the reasons PostScript
> fonts are ugly at certain sizes. As far as I know no one has discovered
> the correct (or any for that matter) nonlinear font scaling equations.

BUT WAIT!  TeX fonts are {\it also} scaled linearly.  You can take any
font and magnify it any amount.  This is a {\it linear} magnification
(that is, scaling).  What is not linear is different sized fonts within
the same style.  That is, 10 point cmr is not 5 point cmr magnified by
2.  But these can be (and are) viewed as different fonts:  cmr10 and
cmr5.  If you make this distinction at the postscript level as well,
then the problems you mention go away.  Even METAFONT treats these as
different fonts:  they are based on the same description, but they have
different parameters.  For that matter, the entire computer modern
family (roman, sans serif and typewriter) uses essentially the same
description .  It's just the parameters that are different.  This is
the "joy of METAFONT".  Building different magnifications of cmr5 is
just a matter of using "mag=X" when running METAFONT.  But building
cmr10 is not just building cmr5 with "mag=2".  It means including a
different set of parameters.

I'm not saying that integrating METAFONT and Postscript is easy.  There
are other problems.  METAFONT uses a well defined algorithm for
generating the glyphs.  I say "well defined" because the program that
defines it is in the public domain, and is widely available even in
book form.  You can't say the same thing about postscript font
rasterization.  A well written METAFONT font includes a great deal of
detail to get around problems that arise when generating fonts at low
(or even medium) resolutions.  A METAFONT font source is {\it not just
a simple mathematical description of an outline!}  There are many
subtleties involved, many parameters used whose values depend largely
on the resolution of the target device.  These are parameters in the
METAFONT description, but they are given actual values when METAFONT is
used to build raster images.  This is what I see as the largest problem
facing those who want METAFONT to produce scalable postscript fonts.
Can all the information embedded in a MF description be translated into
a postscript font?  I don't know enough about postscript to answer that
question.  For those who want to understand these problems in more
detail (and understand how MF helps you solve these problems), read
chapter 24 in "The METAFONTBook" (entitled "Discreteness and
Discretion").

I agree with the rest of your message.

			William LeFebvre
			Sun-Spots moderator
			Department of Computer Science
			Rice University
			<phil@Rice.edu>

Date: Tue, 6 Dec 88 10:12 +1300
From: GRAEME@otago.ac.nz
Subject: Typesetting queries (Texhax #104)

Ian Gibson in TeXhax 104 asks 3 questions. I will try and answer all of
them in order:

    * Mathematical symbols below baseline.

      Looking at some output I find that the symbols (>, <, +, etc.)
      are centred relative to lowercase letters (the x-height). This
      means that the bottom of these symbols is just below the baseline
      and consequently looks `low' when adjacent to large characters
      like numerals. One can assume that Knuth knows about mathematical
      typesetting and so this must be right (excuse the blind faith)!
      Using old style numerals is a solution if this is thought to be
      particularly distasteful.

    * Thin, thick, or full space between numeral and dimension?

      The winner is: thin space. So `45.7' and `kg' should be separated
      by \, (LaTeX's thin space), e.g., `45.7\,kg'. Thin space is preferable
      to thick or full space because it still separates the number from
      the dimension but the spacing is slight enough to suggest that they
      `belong together'.

      My reference: The New Zealand Government Style Book. Typesetting
      is *reasonably* standard the world over.

    * Upright or italic \mu in \mu{}g (microgram)

      Upright is preferable as it is a dimension not a mathematical variable.
      You do not write: `$45.7\,k$g', i.e., the `k' (for kilo) in italics
      and neither should you write `$45.7\,\mu$g' where \mu stands for micro.
      If you are using PostScript fonts you will be able to get an upright
      \mu from the Symbol font.

Regards,

Graeme McKinstry,
Computing Services Centre,
University of Otago,
Dunedin,
New Zealand.

E-mail: graeme%otago.ac.nz@relay.cs.net

Date: Wed, 7 Dec 88 12:46 EST
From: "Jerry Leichter (LEICHTER-JERRY@CS.YALE.EDU)"
Subject: Fancy capitals (TeXhax #104)

In TeXhax V88 #104, Rich Wales asks for a LaTeX \caps macro which will use
small caps (\sc) when the current font is Roman, otherwise will force its
argument to upper case and use the current font.

There's no completely general way to do this, since there is no completely
general way to answer the question "is the current font, of in fact any
particular font, Roman"?  However, there is a good approximation:  LaTeX,
and Plain as well, conventionally place Roman (\rm) in family 0.  This can
be tested for, resulting in the following macro:

	\def\caps#1{\ifnum\fam=0 {\sc #1}%
		     \else \uppercase{#1}\fi}

While "conceptually" incorrect, it'll work fine.

							-- Jerry

Date: Fri, 9 Dec 88 10:00:24 GMT
From: Julian Bradfield <jcb%lfcs.edinburgh.ac.uk@NSS.Cs.Ucl.AC.UK>
Subject: Problem with rho in Levy's Greek fonts

I've recently been making fonts for an Agfa P3400 printer, using the
following mode:

mode_def agfa =		% agfa mode: for the agfa
 proofing:=0;		% no, we're not making proofs
 fontmaking:=1;		% yes, we are making a font
 tracingtitles:=0;	% no, don't show titles in the log
 pixels_per_inch:=400;
 blacker:=0;		% (this value not yet tested)
 fillin:=0.3;		% (ditto)
 o_correction:=0.5;	%
 enddef;

and there seems to be a problem with the letter rho in Silvio Levy's
font grreg10. At magsteps 0 and 2, it's fine, but at magstep 1, most
of the handle disappears, leaving only a blob at the bottom of the
handle. Has anybody else come across this problem, and is there a fix?

Date: Dienstag,  6. Dezember 1988, 13.33 Uhr und 55 Sekunden MET
From: XITIJSCH%DDATHD21.BITNET@uwavm.acs.washington.edu
Subject: Re: Structured TeX Macro Programming

In TeXhax 88, #102/103, J.E.Pittman has presented a set of macros which
are developed with the claim of ``structured design.'' In my opinion
it is absolutely necessary that more people regard TeX macro
development as a process of software design and apply all the
stuff which was worked out by the software engineering people.

   But why shall we stop at demanding structured macros? What we
need are {\it Literate Macros} in the same way as we do not
only want structured programs -- programs should be made for
humans, they should be literate. If you don't know the term
{\it Literate Programming}, go ahead and read the famous article
of Don Knuth in the Computer Journal (1985, #1). I want to
paraphrase it as ``don't describe to computers what they should
do, instead describe to your human readers what you suppose
the computer will do and why you want him to do that.''
That means especially that an ALGOL-like reformulation of macros
is not a satisfying documentation -- it is perhaps more readable,
ok, but it doesn't give any hint for the design decisions and so on.

   To support this idea a little bit more I have written a small
documentation tool called MAKEPROG. With this tool I just write
a TeX input file (named the documentation file) which is built up
of sections. A main group of sections will be started by a control
sequence \chap, otherwise sections are started with \sect. Every
section can contain a program part which is started with \beginprog
and ended with \endprog.

The documentation tool consists of two parts:

1. The TeX macro file PROGDOC defines these macros so that the
   documentation file can be printed. All text between \beginprog and
   \endprog is typeset verbatim. The overall layout looks like WEB.
   Of course, PROGDOC is documented by itself. (Perhaps PROGDOC is
   interesting by its own because it defines a verbatim mode which
   does work with tabs, i.e. replaces a tab with 1 to 8 blanks.
   I have needed it for PC's and VAXens...)
      In the moment it is Plain TeX, but the adaption to LaTeX can be
   done easily.

2. The small WEB program MAKEPROG copies all text between \beginprog
   and \endprog to the program file. This file can be used by TeX as
   a macro file or can be fed into a compiler or ...
   Like in WEB the definite source file is still the documentation file,
   the program file must not be altered.
      MAKEPROG is derived from TANGLE, therefore it accepts change files.

Of course, MAKEPROG is no WEB: it does no rearrangement of code, it
doesn't produce an index, etc. But you can make better documented
macros or programs with it. (In fact, I have written it for the
documentation of my YACC and LEX sources.)

   Are you interested? Then stop -- I'm about to leave for a week.
When I'm back (on Tuesday, 13 Dec) I'll send a copy to the Listserver
at Heidelberg (LISTSERV@DHDURZ1.BITNET) -- give Joachim Lammarsch
in Heidelberg another week to incorporate it in the TEXTOOLS filelist.
Furthermore I will send it to Pierre MacKay; hopefully he can
incorporate it in the UNIX TeX tape and can make it available for the
ftp folks.

Please ask me only if you can't get it from the Listserver in
Heidelberg or if Pierre MacKay has refused to store MAKEPROG
in Washington. I don't want to have to mail it individually.

            Best regards

Date: Sat, 3 Dec 88 11:12:27 PST
From: lind@perron.ms.washington.edu (Doug Lind)
Subject: LaTeX style like AmSTeX

I'm a steady user of AmSTeX to prepare mathematical preprints, using
the amsppt.sty file. However, I would also like to use the convenient
aspects of LaTeX. Has someone written a LaTeX style file that imitates
the functions of amstex.tex + amsppt.sty, at least so far as possible?

     Doug Lind
     Mathematics Department
     University of Washington
     lind@perron.ms.washington.edu

Date: Fri, 9 Dec 88 10:26:19 AST
From: zsd@pig.drea.dnd.ca (Jim Diamond)
Subject: PiCTeX bug

Using C Version 2.9 of TeX, version 2.3 of plain, PicTeX 1.1 (9/21/87),
I get undesired behaviour when I use \accountingoff.  In the example below,
I draw a ractangle and put a labelled axis inside it.  If accounting is
on, the labels are drawn correctly.  If accounting is turned off after
the rectangle is drawn, the axis is OK but the labels are in the wrong
place.  My quick reading of the PiCTeX manual doesn't indicate that
this is a feature.  Is it in fact a bug?  Does anyone have a fix?

				Jim Diamond
				zsd@pig.drea.dnd.ca

%-----------------------------------------------------------
\input pictex

%			Good example
\beginpicture
\setcoordinatesystem units <1in,1in>
\putrectangle corners at 0 0 and 4 2

\setplotarea x from .5 to 3.99, y from .5 to 1.99
\axis left ticks
	withvalues 1 2 3 /
	quantity 3 /

\endpicture

%			Bad example
\beginpicture
\setcoordinatesystem units <1in,1in>
\putrectangle corners at 0 0 and 4 2
\accountingoff

\setplotarea x from .5 to 3.99, y from .5 to 1.99
\axis left ticks
	withvalues 1 2 3 /
	quantity 3 /

\endpicture

\end

%%%      or UNSUBSCRIBE TEXHAX <your name>
%%%
%%%  All others: send a similar one line mail message to
%%%           TeXhax-request@cs.washington.edu
%%%     Please be sure you send a valid internet address!!
%%%        in the form name@domain or name%routing@domain
%%%     and use the style of the Bitnet one-line message, so that
%%%     we can find your subscription request easily.
%%%
%%% All submissions to: TeXhax@cs.washington.edu
%%%
%%% Back issues available for FTPing as:
%%%          machine:              directory:  filename:
%%%   JUNE.CS.WASHINGTON.EDU         TeXhax/TeXhaxyy.nn
%%%              yy = last two digits of current year
%%%                       nn = issue number
%%%
%%% Current versions now in general distribution:
%%%    TeX       2.93                  metafont  1.5
%%%    plain.tex 2.92                  plain.mf  1.0
%%%    LaTeX     2.09 (10/26/88)       cmbase.mf see cm85.bug
%%%    SliTeX    2.09                  gftodvi   1.7
%%%    tangle    2.8                   gftopk    1.4
%%%    weave     2.9                   gftype    2.2
%%%    dvitype   2.9                   pktype    2.2
%%%    pltotf    2.3                   pktogf    1.0
%%%    tftopl    2.5                   mft       0.3
%%%    BibTeX    0.99c
%%%\bye
%%%

End of TeXhax Digest