[comp.text] Psfig bug using eqn with DWB 2.0 bug applied ???

jos@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (Jos Vos) (12/28/88)

I just got PSFIG running - it's a marvelous package! But...

... the eqn example from the documentation (paper.ms) here does not
work properly: the whole equation is shifted too much to the left and
the capital Sigma with {i=0} is printed on the same position as
x sup #pretzel#.

The draft mode (-d=0) works fine. The equation is then on the right place.
The problem seems to be in the psfig or ditroff step.
There the output already seems to be damaged.

I *did* apply the patch to the DWB 2.0 sources.

Anyone having the same experience? Does there exist a patch (I got psfig
from uunet, without any patches except for other packages :-).

--
-- ######   Jos Vos   ######   Internet   jos@idca.tds.philips.nl   ######
-- ######             ######   UUCP         ...!mcvax!philapd!jos   ######

simpson@poseidon.uucp (Scott Simpson) (12/31/88)

In article <741@ssp15.idca.tds.philips.nl> jos@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (Jos Vos) writes:
>... the eqn example from the documentation (paper.ms) here does not
>work properly: the whole equation is shifted too much to the left and
>the capital Sigma with {i=0} is printed on the same position as
>x sup #pretzel#.

I believe the bug is with their driver.  When you switch from double to
single sizes on the C/A/T phototypesetter, you need to add/subtract 51
horizontal units.  A driver I wrote initially had this bug until I
fixed it.
	Scott Simpson
	TRW Space and Defense Sector
	oberon!trwarcadia!simpson  		(UUCP)