[comp.text] Problem installing both AM CM fonts

gsg0384@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (01/31/89)

Hi,

I just received PCTeX software, and found a problem.  In the accopnying
"PC TeX Installation guide" page O-19 -- O -21, it is described how to
install AM fonts as well as CM fonts.  So I tried

C>a:install cm am

and mkdir'ed \pctex\amfmts and made a file  'am.cfg' in \pctex.
However, when I texed plain and lplain as

C\pctex>tex plain/I /C=am.cfg

C\PCTEX>tex lplain/I /C=am.cfg

I got error message like

"I cannot find \pctex\texinput\aminput\hyphen.tex"

So I copied hyphen.tex from \pctex\texinput to \pctex\texinput\aminput.
However, the resulting \pctex\amfmts\plain.fmt and \pctex\amfmts\lplain.fmt
are not AM font versions which I want to have optionally.

What's wrong?  Am I messing up or is the installation guide wrong?

Well there is a slight chance that my Univ.'s CSO staff made a mistake
while making a distribution copy of 'install.bat'.(It is a site-lisenced
software.)

If you had a same experience, please reply to me.  Any comment will
be appreciated.
Thank you
                         Hugh    gsg0384@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
                         Univ. Of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

jzavgren@bbn.com (John Zavgren) (02/02/89)

Hugh:

   I recommend that you give the professionals at PCTeX a call or write
them a letter. (They may even be on the net.)
They helped me before; they were quite prompt and gracious.

John Zavgren

dhosek@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Donald Hosek) (02/04/89)

In article <35522@bbn.COM> jzavgren@BBN.COM (John Zavgren) writes:
>Hugh:
>

>   I recommend that you give the professionals at PCTeX a call or write
>them a letter. (They may even be on the net.)
>They helped me before; they were quite prompt and gracious.
>
>John Zavgren

PTI's net address is well!pti@LLL-CRG.ARPA

They also have a system on Fidonet.

The number for the PCTeX BBS should be in your documentation.

-dh