[comp.text] Problem running SLiTeX in PCTeX 2.1

gsg0384@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (02/14/89)

Hi,

What's wrong with my copy of PCTeX 2.1.  I tried to run slitex

PCTEX\MYDIR>latex my_root

Then I got error message which seems to be caused by an error in 'slides.sty'
file.  This file is the one distributed by PCTeX 2.1.

Please send me a short note if you are successful in running slitex.
I might be wrong in the way I run slitex.  The obvious thing is the neither
LaTeX manual nor PCTeX manual are kind enough to show us how to run
SLiTeX.  Can someone kindly guide me to run the prog correctly?

Thanx in advance.

Please email to         song@uispg.csl.uiuc.edu
Recently the machine I am now using is too lazy to take my login.

                        Hugh

des@inmos.co.uk (David Shepherd) (02/17/89)

In article <113600004@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> gsg0384@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>What's wrong with my copy of PCTeX 2.1.  I tried to run slitex
>
>PCTEX\MYDIR>latex my_root
             ^^^^^
>Then I got error message which seems to be caused by an error in 'slides.sty'
>file.  This file is the one distributed by PCTeX 2.1.

The problem is that you're running LaTeX and not SliTeX -- try

	slitex my_root

or

	tex &splain my_root

If you don't have splain.fmt you'll have to rebuild it with INITeX.

david shepherd
INMOS ltd.