[comp.text] web2c and tbl2tex woes

davidra@vax5.CIT.CORNELL.EDU (02/18/89)

Newsgroups: comp.text

PLEASE REPLY BY MAIL.

I've had some trouble with tbl2tex and web2c ftp'd from
june.cs.washington.edu.  Please note that in both cases the
distribution includes no documentation; I was able to figure
out roughly how the programs are supposed to work by looking
through the source.

I am running sun's os v3.5.

Web2c problems:

It compiled without trouble, but it doesn't accept tangle output as
its own input.  (I also tried direct web input in case I had misread
the comment in the source.  That doesn't work either.)

Tbl2tex problems:

Not being able to get web2c to work (see above), I settled for the
pascal compiler.  Tbl2tex compiles fine, but it coughs on even
the simplest table; e.g.,

	This is a test.  Here's a table:
	.TS
	c c c
	l l l.
	1	2	3
	One	Two	Three
	Four	Five	Six
	.TE
	That was the test.

Judging from the output, I would say that it gets as far as formatting
the first line of the table before giving some sort of inscrutable
pascal error about a missing case.

Has anyone tried to bring tbl2tex up?  Surely other people have gotten
web2c to work.

David Rabson
davidra@helios.tn.cornell.edu

Laboratory of Atomic and Solid State Physics, Cornell University