[comp.text] Katakana/Kanji in LaTeX?

tom@neutron.eng.ohio-state.edu (Tom Borgstrom) (02/14/89)

Does a public-domain font library of Katakana or Kanji (Japanese)
characters exist for use in LaTeX?  Please email me if you have used
Japanese characters in LaTeX or if you have any other information on
the subject.

Arigoto,

-Tom

-=-
Tom Borgstrom            |tom@icarus.eng.ohio-state.edu
The Ohio State University|...!osu-cis!tut!icarus.eng.ohio-state.edu!tom
2015 Neil Avenue         |
Columbus, Ohio  43210    |

mrd@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Michael DeCorte) (02/14/89)

Tugboat, Volume 8 (1987), No. 2 has an article on JTeX (Japanese TeX).

Thb work is by Yasuki Saito from NTT Electrical Communications
Laboratories, Japan.  Sorry I can't find an Email address.

You may want to ask Karen Butler from the AMS if she knows of a way to
get hold of this stuff. klb@seed.ams.com

TeX Users Group
P.O Box 9506
Providence, RI 02940

--

Michael DeCorte // (315)265-2439 // P.O. Box 652, Potsdam, NY 13676
Internet: mrd@sun.soe.clarkson.edu  // Bitnet:   mrd@clutx.bitnet

miyabe@vienna.sy6.isl.mei.junet (Yoshiyuki MIYABE) (02/23/89)

In article <1785@quanta.eng.ohio-state.edu> tom@icarus.eng.ohio-state.edu (Tom Borgstrom) writes:
>Does a public-domain font library of Katakana or Kanji (Japanese)
>characters exist for use in LaTeX?

There are two well known public domain Japanese TeX.
One is from NTT and the other is from ASCII Corp.

Both of them don't include Japanese Font.

Dai Nippon Printing Corp. sells Japanese Font for NTT JTeX.
Please mail usagi%dit.junet@uunet.uu.net who is taking care of DNP font
distribution.

>Arigoto,

Not Arigoto, but Arigato.

-----
Yoshiyuki Miyabe
"Panasonic"/Matshushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. Osaka 571 Japan
miyabe%isl.mei.junet@uunet.uu.net