[comp.text] Transcript beyond 2.1?

km@mathcs.emory.edu (Ken Mandelberg) (03/26/89)

Does anyone have any information about releases of Adobe Transcript
beyond 2.1?

It seems hard to believe that a company who sells fonts would
not eventually support downloadable fonts in their Unix product.
--
Ken Mandelberg      | km@mathcs.emory.edu          PREFERRED
Emory University    | {decvax,gatech}!emory!km     UUCP

rodgers@cgl.ucsf.edu (Richard Rodgers) (03/26/89)

I talk periodically with the people within Adobe who are responsible
for TranScript, and although it has had to take the back seat recently due
to the needs of other projects, they assure me that TranScript will indeed
go through further versions, and that support for downloadable fonts is
high on the list of things to be added.

R. P. C. Rodgers, M.D.                  Telephone:
Statistical Mechanics of Biomolecules   (415)476-8910 (work)
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry  (415)664-0560 (home)
University of California, Box 1204      E-mail:
Laurel Heights Campus, Room 102         ARPA:   rodgers@cca.ucsf.edu
3333 California St.                             rodgers@maxwell.mmwb.ucsf.edu
San Francisco CA 94118                  BITNET: rodgers@ucsfcca
USA                                     UUCP:
                                     ...ucbvax.berkeley.edu!cca.ucsf.edu!rodgers

prc@maxim.ERBE.SE (Robert Claeson) (03/28/89)

In article <3855@emory.mathcs.emory.edu>, km@mathcs.emory.edu (Ken Mandelberg) writes:

> Does anyone have any information about releases of Adobe Transcript
> beyond 2.1?
>
> It seems hard to believe that a company who sells fonts would
> not eventually support downloadable fonts in their Unix product.

Yes, and other paper sizes than U.S. Letter (we use standard A4 size
papers) and other character sets than U.S. ASCII, and the ability to
get error messages from a print job sent back via e-mail, etc etc etc.
--
Robert Claeson, ERBE DATA AB, P.O. Box 77, S-175 22 Jarfalla, Sweden
Tel: +46 (0)758-202 50  Fax: +46 (0)758-197 20