[comp.text] DVI->Epson

av@utacs.UTA.FI (Arto Viitanen) (03/28/89)

I have following problem: I downloaded sources of various DVI drivers, (I
think they made by Nelson Beebe) among them driver for Epson printer. This
driver  is defined so, that when you compile them for PC, paper size is 6
inches times 8 inches. What I need, is 8 x 12 (i.e. A4 size).

And here is the problem: Epson priter can print 240 points / inch
horizontally and 214 points / inch vertically. If one byte can hold 8
points, I would need an array of over 600 kB, which is impossible in MSDOS
3.3.

So, has anyone either changed Mr. Beebes DVIEPS program to handle virtual
array, or some other dvi to Epson driver, which has virtual memory (to hard
disk).

Arto Viitanen
University Of Tampere, Department of Computer Science

av@utacs.uta.fi
av%utacs.uta.fi@uunet.uu.net

16012_3045@uwovax.uwo.ca (Paul Gomme) (03/29/89)

In article <678@utacs.UTA.FI>, av@utacs.UTA.FI (Arto Viitanen) writes:
> And here is the problem: Epson priter can print 240 points / inch
> horizontally and 214 points / inch vertically. If one byte can hold 8
> points, I would need an array of over 600 kB, which is impossible in MSDOS
> 3.3.

Nelson Beebe is working on exactly this problem.  The program is (apparently)
into beta test phase.
Paul Gomme        Bitnet:  gomme@uwovax.bitnet      ARPA:    gomme@uwo.ca