[comp.text] troff to Word ??

georgeg@hpwale.HP.COM (George Gray) (03/16/89)

Does anyone know a conversion path from troff to MS-WORD format?
I'm looking for a way to minimize the effort of converting from troff documents
to the PC world.  Thanks in advance.

- George
.

mike@mks.UUCP (Mike Brookbank) (03/20/89)

In article <5540001@hpwale.HP.COM>, georgeg@hpwale.HP.COM (George Gray) writes:

> Does anyone know a conversion path from troff to MS-WORD format?
> I'm looking for a way to minimize the effort of converting from troff documents
> to the PC world.  Thanks in advance.
>
> - George
> .

This may not be what you are looking for but there is software available
which gives you full troff on DOS.  Using these packages means you don't
have to convert; they are fully backward compatible and interchangable
with your current troff.  Used with a UNIX-like editor, troff on DOS
could eleminate your converting effort altogether.
--
     Mike Brookbank                          Phone: (519)884-2251
Mortice Kern Systems Inc.               UUCP: uunet!watmath!mks!mike

gillies@p.cs.uiuc.edu (03/21/89)

I am interested in going the other way:  Converting MS-Word to
something else (troff, LaTeX).

After using MS-Word for a while, I find I cannot stand the ugly
summation symbols, the default too-large/too-high ugly subscripts
(with numbers too-big), similarly-bad superscripts, and too-thick
division-bars.  Microsoft, are you out there????  Are you
listening????

Don Gillies, Dept. of Computer Science, University of Illinois
1304 W. Springfield, Urbana, Ill 61801
ARPA: gillies@cs.uiuc.edu   UUCP: {uunet,harvard}!uiucdcs!gillies

rr2g@watt.acc.Virginia.EDU (Rhonda Ragland) (03/22/89)

In article <5540001@hpwale.HP.COM> georgeg@hpwale.HP.COM (George Gray) writes:

>Does anyone know a conversion path from troff to MS-WORD format?
>I'm looking for a way to minimize the effort of converting from troff documents
>to the PC world.  Thanks in advance.

I'd like to find this information out also.8

| Phone:    804-924-6265                   |    Rhonda Ragland               |
| Internet: rr2g@virginia.edu	           |	University of Virginia       |
| Bitnet:   rr2g@virginia.bitnet 	   |	Applied Mechanics Program    |
| UUCP:     ...!uunet!virginia!watt!rr2g   |	Charlottesville, VA  22903   |

ews00461@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (03/30/89)

Me too ?!  I need to convert from TRoff to Word...

Could anyone mail me anything they've received ?

Thanks..

Eric W Sink
ews00461@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu