[comp.text] Looking for TeX Arabic fonts.

tout@cpsvax.cps.msu.edu (Walid Tout) (04/18/89)

	I am looking for TeX Arabic fonts.  I have heared them mentioned
	around but never gotten to actually getting any.

	Please email any information and if there is enough interest
	I'll post back a summary of the responses I get.

	Thanks in advance and keep on TeX'ing.

 _     _____  _           _ __       ______
' )   /      //     /    ' )  )        /        _/_
 / / / __.  // o __/      /--'      --/ ____. . /
(_(_/ (_/|_</_<_(_/_     /  \ o    (_/ (_) (_/_<__

gm@romeo.cs.duke.edu (Greg McGary) (04/18/89)

In article <2597@cps3xx.UUCP> tout@cpsvax.cps.msu.edu (Walid Tout) writes:

>	I am looking for TeX Arabic fonts.  I have heared them mentioned
>	around but never gotten to actually getting any.
>
>	Please email any information and if there is enough interest
>	I'll post back a summary of the responses I get.
>
>	Thanks in advance and keep on TeX'ing.

For those on the internet: ftp to score.stanford.edu, cd to <tex.texhax>
and get fontmemo.txh.  This is a rather large latex document (112K) by
Dominik Wujastyk (dow@wjh12.harvard.edu) that appeared in TUGboat v9#1.
It contains loads of information about a large number of TeXable fonts,
including Arabic.  Here's a list of the sections:

\section{Introduction}
\section{Computer Modern}
\section{Devan\={a}gar\={\i}}
\section{Tamil}
\section{Telugu}
\section{Perso-Arabic}
\section{Hebrew}
\section{Greek}
\section{Cyrillic}
\section{Turkish}
\section{Japanese}
\section{Chinese}
\section{International Phonetic Alphabet}
\section{Elvish}
\section{Georgia Tobin}
\section{Blackboard Bold}
\section{APL}
\section{AMSfonts Package}
\section{Custom Fonts \& Pandora}
\section{Bitstream Font Family}
\section{Times Roman in \protect\MF} % use a big logo font if
\section{Lucida}
\section{Icelandic}
\section{OCR--A}
\section{Miscellaneous}
\section{The PostScript Question}

If you are unable to get this via ftp, or by copying the issue of TUGboat,
I can be persuaded to mail you a copy, or if there is sufficient interest,
I can post it here on comp.text.  Of course, please respond via mail...

-- Greg McGary
-- 4201 University Drive #102, Durham, NC 27707       voice: (919) 490-6037
-- {decvax,hplabs,seismo,mcnc}!duke!gm                 data: (919) 493-5953
--                                  gm@cs.duke.edu

dhosek@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Donald Hosek) (04/21/89)

In article <14225@duke.cs.duke.edu> gm@romeo.UUCP (Greg McGary) writes:
>For those on the internet: ftp to score.stanford.edu, cd to <tex.texhax>
>and get fontmemo.txh.  This is a rather large latex document (112K) by
>Dominik Wujastyk (dow@wjh12.harvard.edu) that appeared in TUGboat v9#1.

A current version of this file will be kept on sun.soe.clarkson.edu
in the directory pub/tex-fonts

People without FTP can get it by e-mail by sending a message to
archive-server@sun.soe.clarkson.edu

I can't give you details on access, but sending "help" as the body
will give you information on accessing it.

-dh