[comp.text] psfigTeX

gefuchs@skolem.uucp (Gill E. Fuchs) (05/04/89)

Howdi net,

has anybody been successful in using Trevor Darrell's psfigTeX, to incorporate
postscript and/or mac and/or tektronix figures in LaTeX ?

any alternatives?

i am getting an undefined error StartTextFig on top of the first (and only page)
that comes out of the laser printer...

muchas gracias
gill

amanda@intercon.UUCP (Amanda Walker) (05/05/89)

In article <1500@cmx.npac.syr.edu>, gefuchs@skolem.uucp (Gill E. Fuchs) writes:
>has anybody been successful in using Trevor Darrell's psfigTeX, to incorporate
>postscript and/or mac and/or tektronix figures in LaTeX ?
>i am getting an undefined error StartTextFig on top of the first (and only)
>page that comes out of the laser printer...

In order for psfig/TeX to work, some additional definitions must be added
to the PostScript prologue for your DVI->PS driver.  These defintions are
pretty straightforward, and the psfig/TeX distribution contains examples
for (and old version of) dvi2ps and ArborText's dvips.  Whoever installed
dvi2ps and/or psfig/TeX at your site should be able to fix it, given this
information.

--
Amanda Walker <amanda@intercon.UUCP>

gefuchs@goedel.uucp (Gill E. Fuchs) (05/05/89)

To: amanda@intercon.UUCP
Subject: Re: psfigTeX
Newsgroups: comp.text
Bcc:

To: amanda@intercon.UUCP
Newsgroups: comp.text
Bcc:

>In order for psfig/TeX to work, some additional definitions must be added
>to the PostScript prologue for your DVI->PS driver.  These defintions are
>pretty straightforward, and the psfig/TeX distribution contains examples
>for (and old version of) dvi2ps and ArborText's dvips.  Whoever installed
>dvi2ps and/or psfig/TeX at your site should be able to fix it, given this
>information.
>
>--
>Amanda Walker <amanda@intercon.UUCP>

Hello Amanda,  thanks for your info.
If you don't mind i would like to ask you some additional questions:
1) what is a PostScript prologue ?
2) no one installed psfig/TeX at our sight!  i am trying to run it
   from my own directory.  Is there an alternative to prologueing? :-)
3) i don't believe i have a distribution copy of dvips with the dist.
   could you send me a copy?

muchas gracias
gill

ps
        i am sending this here, as intercon.uucp isn't known to my host