[comp.text] double spacing

mvoorhis@wpi.wpi.edu (Prince Elric) (04/30/89)

I've been having lots of trouble getting a paper of mine double spaced
using La-TeX, the book I have tells me to use

\renewcommand{\baselinestretch}{2}

to get double spacing, but this hasn't has any effect at all.  I've
asked everyone I know here, and have come up with nothing.  I'm a
relatively new La-TeX user, am I missing anything terrible obvious??

Thanks in advance for whatever advice this generates...

					Mike

Michael Voorhis       mvoorhis@wpi.wpi.edu  | "Come to me for Service...
Worcester Polytech,   mvoorhis@wpi.bitnet   |  Every hundred miles..."
Worcester, Mass.      "Prince Elric"        |          --Page/Plant

charlie@mica.stat.washington.edu (Charlie Geyer) (05/01/89)

In article <2114@wpi.wpi.edu> mvoorhis@wpi.wpi.edu (Prince Elric) writes:

> using La-TeX, the book I have tells me to use
>
> \renewcommand{\baselinestretch}{2}
>
> to get double spacing, but this hasn't has any effect at all.

Put it *between* the \documentstyle and \begin{document} commands.

bts@sas.UUCP (Brian T. Schellenberger) (05/05/89)

Well,
1. There is a doublespace.sty in the archives (but I forget how you get to
   them, maybe somebody else?

2. \baselinestretch should work.  Are you putting it in the preamble?
   It will not generate very please double-space effects, though; it is
   suitable only for draft work.
--
-- Brian, the Man from Babble-on.		...!mcnc!rti!sas!bts