[comp.text] dvi2ps.tar.Z and teXGuide.tar.Z in june.cs...

jbw@cisunx.UUCP (Jingbai Wang) (05/03/89)

Since many people don't have arc, I spent two more hours making
dvi2ps.tar.Z and TeXGuide.tar.Z and sent them to ~/tmp anonymous
june.cs.washington.edu.

They both contain Makefile's. Thus easy to handle.

JB

duncan@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Shan D Duncan) (05/09/89)

In article <17897@cisunx.UUCP> jbw@cisunx.UUCP (Jingbai  Wang) writes:

>Since many people don't have arc, I spent two more hours making
>dvi2ps.tar.Z and TeXGuide.tar.Z and sent them to ~/tmp anonymous
>june.cs.washington.edu.
>
>They both contain Makefile's. Thus easy to handle.
>
>JB

I've had tried many times to get this file (via ftp) from june but each time
(at varies times during the weekend and weekday)  EVERY time
I only get 347k of the file with the message remote server has cut
connection.

1) What is up?

2) How can I get a complete copy of TeXGuide.arc

3) The tar version has dissapeared.

Thank you

jbw@cisunx.UUCP (Jingbai Wang) (05/10/89)

In article <2442@csd4.milw.wisc.edu> duncan@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Shan D Duncan) writes:

>2) How can I get a complete copy of TeXGuide.arc
>
>3) The tar version has dissapeared.

w_dvi2ps.tar.Z and TeXGuide.tar.Z  are nwo in ~/tex anonymous
june.cs.washington.edu. However, the newer version of dvi2ps.tar.Z with
some bug fixes for more systems and newer texint.doc is again in ~/tmp.

In TeXGuide, I was reported a significant bug about AmSTeX, which only
carries 3/4 page description but amsppt.sty was mis-understood as LaTeX style
file. In new dvi2ps.tar.Z it is fixed, and new TeXGuide.tar.Z will be
forwarded soon. I was also reported that a particular LaserWriter II with
reverse paging filter cound not print texint.ps in TeXGuide.tar.Z properly.
I will rebuild that thing soon to please these strange printers.

JB