[comp.text] psfig in TeX

chris@ondine (Christian Valcke) (05/11/89)

I was trying to use the dvi2ps, recently posted by J. Wang,
in particular the "psfig" feature.
Unfortunately i'm missing some pieces to include psfig in my LaTeX
file. Could somebody mail me the necessary files (or point to an
ftp site that has it)
thanks,
ARPA:		chris@ee.ucla.edu
UUCP:		{hermix,ucla-se}!ucla-an!chris
Christian Valcke
UCLA Dept. of Anesthesiology BH-951; LA, CA 90024   (213)206-5681

jbw@cisunx.UUCP (Jingbai Wang) (05/14/89)

In article <40@ucla-an.UUCP> chris@ee.ucla.edu (Christian Valcke) writes:
>I was trying to use the dvi2ps, recently posted by J. Wang,
>in particular the "psfig" feature.
>Unfortunately i'm missing some pieces to include psfig in my LaTeX

I realized that in the first one or two *.tar files are files like t-rom.tfm
are missing (which may have happened when the disk was full while I was making
a *.tar.Z file).

This problem is fixed, I submitted a newer version of dvi2ps.tar.Z and
TeXGuide.tar.Z to june.cs.washington.edu in ~/tmp. If they are not there, then
already moved into ~/tex anonymous under the name w_dvi2ps.tar.Z and
TeXGuide.tar.Z. Both of them carry fixings and updates, so I recommend you
use them to replace the older ones.

psfig/TeX only needs psfig.tex macro under ~/psfig, and nothing else are
needed. If you get the error message while TeXing or LaTeXing, most
probably your PostScript file has no BoundingBox. bbfig in the release is
for fixing this problem. However, I suggest you use \special{psfile=filename}
in this case, because there is no guarrantee that your PostScript file will
be in perfect shape after you put in the BoundingBox.

JB