[comp.text] Printing 2 x A5 pages on A4 with LaTeX/TeX/DVIALW

dougcc@csv.viccol.edu.au (Douglas Miller) (05/27/89)

In article <7637@cc.nu.oz>, cskjw@cc.nu.oz writes:
> I am looking for a way to print two A5 pages sideways on an A4 sheet, with
> LaTeX/TeX, DVIALW, and an apple laserwriter. Is hacking DVIALW the best way?
> I'd be interested to here from anyone who has done this...

I would suggest using a TeX output routine to put two pages side by side on
each sheet, and then printing in landsape orientation (assuming DVIALW can
do this).  You could actually do this with LaTeX twocolumn option, unless
you want headers/footers, when more work is required.

Actually, I'm planning to print in a similar format.  First I print a
master copy at 300dpi A4 using a base typeface of 17pt cmr.  Next I send to
the College printery, who photoreduce it to A5 stapled booklets.  The end
result will be high quality 10pt.