[comp.text] HELP: DVI->DeskJet???

warn@druhi.ATT.COM (WarnerD) (06/07/89)

I wonder if anyone out there has a driver for printing
TeX DVI output files on a HP DeskJet printer.  I've
poked around ftp sites that I'm aware of and found
nothing but some archived mail inferring that the
DeskJet isn't very adept at printing TeX output mainly
due to speed.  I'm willing to accept slowness.

Thanks in advance,

Dave Warner

ras@hpcllla.HP.COM (Ron Rasmussen) (06/10/89)

I found this out from within HP ('this' is a DeskJet DVI driver):

> Nelson Beebe has included this in his new (3.0) version with several
> enhancments.  I recommend that you keep you eyes out for an announcement
> of it's release soon (probably in notes:comp.text).

>It is a version of the dvi drivers family from Neslon Beebe of the University
>of Utah.  The full family and related items are available by anonymous ftp
>from science.utah.edu.

>A new release of the drivers in this family is planned soon, contact
>Beebe@science.utah.edu if you want to be added to the mailing list for
>notification.

 I hope this helps.  Does anybody have a troff driver for the DeskJet?

 - Ron