[comp.text] Swimming text around pictures

hugo@killington.dartmouth.edu (Peter Su) (06/12/89)

In article <779@pcrat.UUCP> rick@pcrat.UUCP (Rick Richardson) writes:
>In article <21@nx32s.anduk.co.uk> lee@nx32s.UUCP (0000-Liam R. Quin) writes:
>>> From: rick@pcrat.UUCP (Rick Richardson) {Me}
>>> Absolutely.  Using macros can get text to swim around bitmaps to the
>>> left or right.  But I haven't figured out a way to make text swim
>>> between arbitrary bitmaps placed anywhere in the output using just
>>> macros.  Troff has to be taught this.

I'm wondering, why are so many people so hot on this text swimming
stuff?  I mean, it's really hard to read stuff that has been formatted
around some big hole in the text, and it's really ugly anyway.  How
many times do people really want a fish shaped paragraph, or whatever
anyway?

Just wondering.

Pete

hugo@sunapee.dartmouth.edu