[comp.text] Public Domain Version of Ditroff wanted

pepper@gt-eedsp.gatech.edu (David J. Pepper) (07/07/89)

Does any one out there in net.land know of a public domain version of
ditroff that is available by ftp or otherwise?  We need a version that
will run on a sun3/sun4, though a source copy that runs on any machine
would be appreciated.

			Thanks in advance,
			   David

Georgia Tech:  Designing tomorrow the night before.
# Best bet is:  pepper%gt-eedsp@gatech.edu
# but sometimes: pepper@gt-eedsp.gatech.edu will work
# or as a last resort: pepper@gt-eedsp.UUCP / gt-eedsp!pepper

uri@arnor.UUCP (Uri Blumenthal) (07/10/89)

From article <305@eedsp.gatech.edu>, by pepper@gt-eedsp.gatech.edu (David J. Pepper):
> Does any one out there in net.land know of a public domain version of
> ditroff that is available by ftp or otherwise?  We need a version that
> will run on a sun3/sun4, though a source copy that runs on any machine
> would be appreciated.

And me, please! Something for 386 box with UNIX V.3.2, OK?
Thanks,
		Uri.

clewis@eci386.uucp (Chris Lewis) (07/13/89)

In article <267@arnor.UUCP> uri@arnor.UUCP (Uri Blumenthal) writes:
>From article <305@eedsp.gatech.edu>, by pepper@gt-eedsp.gatech.edu (David J. Pepper):
>> Does any one out there in net.land know of a public domain version of
>> ditroff that is available by ftp or otherwise?  We need a version that
>> will run on a sun3/sun4, though a source copy that runs on any machine
>> would be appreciated.
>>

>And me, please! Something for 386 box with UNIX V.3.2, OK?
>Thanks,

Okay.

If you have CAT troff, "troff2" will be appearing soon in comp.sources.unix.
It takes old troff output and converts it to other formats.  It supports
postscript and ditroff quite nicely and HPLJ (well...)
--
Chris Lewis, R.H. Lathwell & Associates: Elegant Communications Inc.
UUCP: {uunet!mnetor, utcsri!utzoo}!lsuc!eci386!clewis