[comp.text] WP to LaTeX conversion

swonk@ccicpg.UUCP (Glen Swonk) (07/26/89)

Does anyone know of a utility that will convert
Word Perfect documents into a LaTex document?
It doesn't have to be perfect, just a reasonable
starting point.

Also, is there a document describing the internal
formatting codes used in the WP5.0 documents?
Is there an nroff to LaTex conversion utility available?

thanks
--
Glenn L. Swonk		CCI Computers
(714)458-7282		9801 Muirlands Boulevard

ted@oddjob.uchicago.edu (Ted Rodriguez-Bell) (07/26/89)

In article <33046@ccicpg.UUCP> swonk@ccicpg.UUCP (Glen Swonk) writes:
> [Stuff about Word Perfect deleted]
>Is there an nroff to LaTex conversion utility available?

This gets asked often that I think I should post the answer.  Volume 10
of comp.sources.unix had a troff-to-LaTeX converter called tr2tex.  It
understands the -man and -ms macros, and most tbl and eqn commands.  In
my limited use of tr2tex I haven't run across any conversion problems
that can't easily be fixed by hand, and I have been saved a lot of
drudgery.  Others to whom I have recommended the program have also
praised it.  Archives of comp.sources.unix are available for anonymous
ftp from uunet.uu.net and cheops.cis.ohio-state.edu, among other places.

Thanks to Kamal Al-Yahya for a very useful program.

						--Ted

        	          Theodore Rodriguez-Bell
	        Astronomy Department, University of Chicago
Internet:   ted@oddjob.uchicago.edu        Bitnet:   ted%oddjob@uchicago
UUCP:	    ncar,rutgers!oddjob!ted        AT&T:     (312)-702-3463