[comp.text] DVISELECT for VMS

kilis@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU (Danny Kilis) (08/05/89)

Can anyone tell me where I can get a version of dviselect that runs on
VMS system?

					Danny Kilis

					INTERNET: kilis@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu
					CSNET:   kilis@umn-cs.CSNET
					USENET:  ....!umn-cs!kilis
					BITNET:  danny@simvax

chris@mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) (08/05/89)

In article <15026@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU> kilis@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU (Danny Kilis)
writes:
>Can anyone tell me where I can get a version of dviselect that runs on
>VMS system?

Dviselect is (as much as I could manage) written in standard C (pre-
ANSI: does not use prototypes, etc).  If you have a C compiler it
should just be a matter of setting up the library---obviously the
standard Unix `make' and directories will not work---and compile.
There was some `#ifdef' goo in lib/findpost.c for VMS, which has since
been removed; both sections of code were in fact wrong, although each
worked in its usual environment.

The latest release of dviselect (not counting the version I recently
changed) is $Header: dviselect.c,v 2.8 87/11/04 16:21:56 chris Exp $
(ok, so I keep forgetting to update the state field).  The only
difference between versions 2.7 and 2.8 is that 2.7 will print `wrote 1
pages' but 2.8 prints `wrote 1 page'.

Incidentally, this time there will be some documentation beyond the
manual pages.