[comp.text] texx on Apollo & colour monitor

admin@cs.exeter.ac.uk (System Administrator) (07/25/89)

Has anyone out there got texx running on an apollo with colour monitor
any comments would be useful.

Also are there any previewers for dvi file on an apollo without using X
windows i.e. under domain os.  (Something equivalent to texsun)

--
Khalid Sattar                   JANET  : admin@uk.ac.exeter.cs
Computer Science Dept.          UUCP   : admin@expya.uucp

grunwald@guitar.cs.uiuc.edu (Dirk Grunwald) (08/02/89)

I highly recommend that all people who are using texx switch to texx2;
it's at least an order of magnitude improvement. texx2.9, the last
distributed version, should be available in England & Europe.
--
Dirk Grunwald -- Univ. of Illinois 		  (grunwald@flute.cs.uiuc.edu)

ng@joplin.mpr.ca (Steve Ng) (08/10/89)

In article <GRUNWALD.89Aug2115648@guitar.cs.uiuc.edu> grunwald@flute.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

>I highly recommend that all people who are using texx switch to texx2;
>it's at least an order of magnitude improvement. texx2.9, the last
>distributed version, should be available in England & Europe.
>--
>Dirk Grunwald -- Univ. of Illinois 		  (grunwald@flute.cs.uiuc.edu)

Is texx2.9 a public domain software? Where exactly can I get a copy?
Thanks in advance for any info.

Steve.
ng@joplin.mpr.ca
ng%joplin@cs.ubc.ca
uunet!ubc-cs!joplin!ng

grunwald@flute.cs.uiuc.edu (Dirk Grunwald) (08/11/89)

It is not public domain, I have retained copyrights.
But it can be redistributed without cost.

you can pick it up via anonymous FTP from:

	a.cs.uiuc.edu: pub/TeX/texx2.9.tar.Z
	expo.lcs.mit.edu: contrib/texx2.9.tar.Z

if you have never installed any version of texx2, you also need to pickup:

	a.cs.uiuc.edu: pub/TeX/uiuctex2.something.tar.Z

This directory contains a library of font manipulation routines written
by Chris Torek. I also contains texx2.9, texx, texsun, iptex and dviselect.

Hopefully, more documentation & an easier installation procedure will
appear for texx2 before X11R4. Lord knows it couldn't get harder.