[comp.text] What is the LaTeX license???

2014_5001@uwovax.uwo.ca (08/16/89)

I can grab latex.tex from our mainframe, however I do not know whether
it is public domain, or what.

Could someone enlighten me as to the licensing of LaTeX?

--
Alexander Pruss, at one of: Department of Applied Mathematics, Astronomy,
Mathematics, or Physics                     University of Western Ontario

phil@delta.eecs.nwu.edu (William LeFebvre) (08/16/89)

In article <3561@uwovax.uwo.ca> 2014_5001@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:
>I can grab latex.tex from our mainframe, however I do not know whether
>it is public domain, or what.
>
>Could someone enlighten me as to the licensing of LaTeX?

LaTeX is freely redistributable, but it is copyrighted (so it's not
public domain).

		William LeFebvre
		Northwestern University
		<phil@eecs.nwu.edu>